* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 114020 times)

0 Members

Offline rubyless

modify
Re: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts
« Reply #210 on: 30/07/13, 19:55 »
Hello again everyone,

wow so much has happened since I was here last, sorry I have not been on for so long!

Fairy congratulations with your scan, I can only imagine what you must have felt, the 12 week scan is a milestone for most of us women here that have tried for so long! You must be thrilled!
Swiss miss: so you have had your chat with Olga as well, we might end up cycling together!? So far I can only say that Dr Olga has made my life really easy again, I would hesitate to use any other clinic now after the fantastic care I have had so far!
Waitingtomeetyou - I hope this post will answer most of your questions anyway, as I will tell you all about my experiences further down :-)
Lenocheck: great to hear you are Russian - perhaps you can help us with some tips and hints for where to go in St Petersburg?! Best of luck with your journey to Moscow, will cross my fingers all I can for you!

Well, as some of you might remember I had my chat with Dr Olga only a few weeks ago, and we have great news as we have already found our donor! Get quite emotional thinking about it actually, and Dr Olga has been tremendous helping us - we actually have been able to find a donor really similar to me facially according to Dr Olga!
As you might remember we opted for the chosen donor programme, and we got the password for the donor database where we could find all sorts of info about our donors; education, interests, life experiences, family, illnesses, sports etc and also pictures up to 10 years old. For us this was the crucial part of being comfortable with the DE process.
We chose and sent over a top three and our chosen donor was amongst those three out of 81 girls, and Dr Olga said our facial likeness was close to "perfect" in adult age, so we are extremely happy about that. Our donor also has twin girls, is 23 yrs and a proven donor, so we have high hopes for her.
I have gotten my treatment schedule from Dr Olga and it is really thorough - i have to make an excel sheet to remember everything! All this she does while on vacation in Spain with her kids and husband. She has her vacation until 26th of august but is still on mail etc so she is contactable  :)
So, we are going over to St Peter on the 29th of October and we are staying for 10 days to do a fresh cycle!! I am soo exited and happy that we are finally moving forward! The DE extraction is scheduled for the 30th of October and although it seems like years away I know this will go really quickly!
We have family commitments in the UK before the visit so we fly direct from LHR to st peter-  the tickets where 120 each, not too bad we think? we have to fly back via Oslo and Stockholm and then down here to Costa Blanca in Spain, witch is a bit inconvenient but the tickets were about the same price so its obviously better to travel there off season. Our hotel is booked and they arrange visa support for us, don't know the procedure yet as we are in the middle of it now but the hotel wants 900 rubles for each of us and I have to admit that I have no idea how much that is, but we have a bit of a problem as both me and DP are far away from our embassies here in Spain so we need to pay someone to arrange it for us anyway and it might as well be the hotel. 
The fresh donor cycle we are doing now guarantees 10 eggs and if it is not extracted we have both back up donor that is stimulated simultaneously or frozen eggs from our preferred donor. We feel extremely lucky and fortunate to have found a clinic as AVA peter as we feel so well looked after and everything that we were worried about has been taken care of for us.

I hope that answers a bit of the questions that you ladies might have had about the procedure onwards, I will keep you posted  ::)

Ruby

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lenocheck

modify
    « Reply #211 on: 30/07/13, 23:30 »
    Hello to everyone
    Hope you are all well guys.

SwissMiss - we are going to have a cycle at the Pokoleniye Next (Generation Next) with Dr Kindarova, who use to work at the clinic at Oparina (Centre something... don't quite remember exact name).
    It's a bit strange to organise and plan everything remotely, does not seem quite real yet, however we are getting both super excited now that it's getting close to z time!

Ruby - so glad to hear that things are all planned for October. St Petersburg is a beautiful place, you wll never get tired of it. Depends what you love - there are lots of famous places that of course you'd want to visit (TripAdvisor has a great app). We always try to combine a couple of places with lots of just walking around and enjoying watching the city and its people (who are lovely!). Make sure you come for a lunch or a dinner or just to chill out for a cup of tea to Teplo http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g298507-d1111731-Reviews-Teplo-St_Petersburg_Northwestern_District.html - a cool place near St Isaac's Cathedral. It was totally surreal - we came there for a lunch only to find out that the waitress who was looking after us was from the very same region in South Russia where i was born and bred :)! Talking about the small world huh? Anyway - let me know how you are getting on with sightseeing options, if stuck i'll drop you a list of few places that you must see :). Though i should admit that my DH is a better expert in Russia than i - i blame his inquisitive mind and love of history!

lena xx

modify
    « Reply #212 on: 31/07/13, 08:59 »
    Thank you so much for all the information ladies. Sounds like two of you may cycle at the same time. I checked the website and the prices are on there, more expensive than europe but offering a service re donors that ive never seen anywhere else.

Anyone know if they will save/ freeze the embryos for future siblings?

Also someone mentioned that the clinic come to london, anyone know about this?

Must be very exciting to hear there is a donor match, im ready to go donor now but in the middle of an oe cycle!!
     ^reiki^ to all x

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #213 on: 31/07/13, 14:42 »
    Hi there!
    Great to see the thread has some action  ;)
    Ruby - yes it sounds like we might well cycle together ^hugme^ Dh and I are def going to make an appt with Dr Olga for early Sept or even end Aug.
    Leno - good luck with your Moscow adventure! it sounds like you have a good plan.
    WTMY - I can't answer your Qs i'm afraid but i should think they would freeze any snow babies for a future time. Best of luck with your OE cycle, don't rule it out yet!
    Fairy - how are things?
    Well, i'm off to a bday party this eve... gotta go and get glam now! (always hard to compete with the beautiful russian ladies) ;)
    xx

Offline rubyless

modify
    « Reply #214 on: 2/08/13, 21:22 »
    Hello again girls!

Waitingtomeetyou: the ava peter programme guarantees 10 eggs and they always freeze the ones they dont use for your exclusive use. In the contract it states clearly that if you dont get 10 fresh eggs there will always be frozen ones from the same donor that you can have, or another similar fresh donor eggs. Therefore, because they guarantee the 10 + eggs there is almost always leftovers to freeze. I do know Dr Olga has been to a fertility show in London before, but since she's got babies herself to look after she might travel/work less now than before  ::)
    Swiss miss: wow great news that we might be cycling together! its great to have someone to share with! You have to keep me posted how its going, and tell me how it went with the meeting :-) Dr Olga sounds lovely though, so I'm sure meeting her will be really reassuring and nice
    Lenocheck: when will you be starting your cycle? i think i remember you are a bit ahead of the rest of us but please let us know how you are getting on  :P

Well just a short post this evening ladies, off to holidays tomorrow morning for a week, will be lovely - I need my rest for the months that come ahead  ::)

Ruby

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #215 on: 5/08/13, 08:26 »
    Hi hi! :)
    Hope you all had a good weekend!
    Ruby - have a great holiday...and a good rest  ^hugme^

We are going to see Dr Olga on 28 August so going to stay in Peter for a couple of nights. Anyone got a good hotel recommendation? I've stayed in the W (bit too expensive ha ha!) and also rented an apt with a friend (was ok bit studenty). Am looking forward to meeting Olga and also the trip as it's so lovely there and the weather should still be nice.

Hope everyone is well.

Lots of love
    xx

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #216 on: 5/08/13, 16:28 »
    Swiss miss- we stayed at the Belvedere Nevsky when we went for our consult. Literally a two minute walk round the corner. Clean, smart, tidy and included breakfast. We booked directly.
    Tip- all signs r in russian so when looking for the clinic, you will recognise the green and orange logo outside as the name is in Russian. Its just around the corner from The Coffeeshop Company. We walked past it twice! It's a good idea to find it as so as u get there so u don't stress or rush when going to your appointment.
    Also ask the hotel to book your airport taxi and confirm price. Do not just get in one when u come out of the airport. (Very important!) once your flights and hotel is booked, just apply for visa, they take care of hotel
    Invitation. U need a tourist visa. Don't put anything medical reasons on there.
    How long I staying for? We did two nights. So excited for u xxx

Rubyless- honestly I can't express how lovely Dr Olga and her team are. Enjoy your holiday, just relax and get ready for he next step of your journey xxx

Waitingtomeetyou- they normally attend the fertility show at Olympia. We went last year after we had already met her for our consult. It was great to see them again. What I found most valuable was a cou

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #217 on: 5/08/13, 16:35 »
    Oops sorry my finger slipped and I posted whilst still typing!

Anyway what I found most useful was there was a couple there with twins who had gone to catch up with Dr Olga and they were very happy to answer questions. Which was great for me as this thread was quiet then.

I also found it really helpful to go back and read everyone's posts from page 1. Time consuming but it answered a lot of my questions.

Afm- had scan 2 weeks ago and all good. Sickness is getting better but appetite still weird!

Good luck all xxx

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #218 on: 6/08/13, 08:11 »
    Hi Fairy,
    Thx for the St P tips! Will def take a look at that hotel. We are getting train from Moscow so will make our way from there... we are used to the signs being in Russian ha ha! We are just staying 2 nights - or  maybe even 1 as the appt is on a Wed so not running over a wknd. I've been 3 times so seen a lot of the touristy things so actually it will be nice to just walk around and soak up the atmosphere. We always go to a restaurant called 'Terrasse' which is lovely. Glad your scan went well, when is your due date?

Hi to everyone else  ^hugme^

xx

Offline rubyless

modify
    AVA Peter Russia Merged posts
    « Reply #219 on: 26/08/13, 20:56 »
    Hello again laidies,

just wanted to wish Swiss Miss good luck on Wednesday - and please dont forget to let us know how you got on in your meeting the 28th - its now on Wednesday, time flies when you have long summer days and lots of time off :-)

Fairy 1808 how does the pregnancy go?

Lets hear how you are getting on everyone, I am counting days till I can start medecines!

Ruby