* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 114017 times)

0 Members

Offline Smiss

modify
AVA Peter Russia Merged posts
« Reply #220 on: 27/08/13, 12:47 »
Hi Ruby and everyone else!
Yes the time has gone quickly and the appt is tom!
We are actually just going for the day as DH has to work Thurs so an early train for us in the morning.
I feel somewhat unprepared, need to gather my med history and get some questions together!
If anyone has any tips for preparing for a consultation pls let me know :)
Will let you know
Now how I get on.
Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #221 on: 27/08/13, 22:55 »
    Swissmiss- realised I repeated some info in my DM back to u,
    Oops! Good luck tomorrow. I am sure it will all go well.
    Xxx ^hugme^

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #222 on: 29/08/13, 07:57 »
    Morning girls!
    I just thought I'd let you know how our appointment went!
    Well basically it was very good  :)  Dr Olga is everything everyone has said. She is the first Dr i've met along this long journey, who hasn't rushed us and i truly felt that she was listening to everything and trying to come up with solutions. She has a mixture of being very scientific but with a great bedside manner - quite rare i think! So all in all, we would be very happy to go with the clinic. We just need to decide our route forwards now.
    I'm not sure who else is going out to st Petes soon? Ruby, are you planning a trip?
    Leno - you must be coming to Moscow soon - exciting!

Hi to anyone else!
     ^hugme^
    xx

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #223 on: 29/08/13, 13:09 »
    Swissmiss- so please it went well. I was hoping that was how u would feel after. Just take your time to decide, they won't hassle u. So take it at your own pace. And when your ready, it doesn't take long. After giving them the green light we had a donor match within 2 weeks! Out initial Appointment was in sep and we decided in feb and asked for transfer in may.

Keep us updated xxx

Offline Lenocheck

modify
    « Reply #224 on: 2/09/13, 20:58 »
    Hi all,

Swiss miss, great to hear that your meeting with doctor Olga went well, hearing your and Rubys positive stories about Ava Peter is so encouraging!  We've had a bit of setback, our donor has pulled out despite both of us signing contract, so we fly to moscow on monday without a clue what is going to happen once out there, plan is to stay until we get pregnant! We have emailed Ava Peter and awaiting their reply, who knows - they found a donor for fairy in two weeks so all three of us might be cycling together!

Good luck everyone

Lena

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #225 on: 3/09/13, 08:01 »
    Hi Leno,
    Oh sorry to hear about your donor drama! I would recommend Ava Peter - sometimes they can take a couple of days to come back on email but you can always phone for a quicker response. I like your attitude!!!!
    Yes we could all be cycling together, would be nice.
    If you feel like a chat when you're in Moscow let me know, maybe we could meet up? I live close to Kropotkinskaya metro  :)
     ^hugme^ to everyone
    xx

Offline rubyless

modify
    « Reply #226 on: 6/09/13, 18:06 »
    hello girls,

sorry i have not posted in a while, its been a busy time here in Spain, lots of visitors and the house full, so not much time to read on fertility friends.
    Lenocheck - so sorry to hear that your donor has pulled out. Its devastating to have something like that happen to you when you are all geared up and ready to go! I am sure Dr Olga will be able to help you though; the IDEAS donor company they deal with have got alot of frosen eggs in backup as far as I understand - so maybe she can help you
    Swissmiss/Smiss - so glad to hear that your consultation went well. Have you made a decision yet? if so, we will most likely be cycling together, really happy about that as its good to have somebody to ask and share things with.

Personal update - I've had a little bit of a annoying time in Spain as I had one last IVI - OE attempt in June/July this year in a local clinic here in Alicante. I tried the cycle with a new growth hormone, Saizen, which had worked wonders on certain woman. Well, there was no such luck for me. A week after the cycle got cancelled due to no eggs showing on the ultrasound at all, AF started- and it has basically continued now for 6-7 weeks non stop. Also think that this last cycle has spurred me into "the change" as I notice more and more gray hairs and I have alot of "hot" spells/sweating and mood swings almost every day, a nightmare really. Have any of you girls felt that the ivi treatment has initiated the menopause? and BTW I am 37, going to be 38 this month. 
    So of course, I email the clinic here and ask them for an appointment so that the doctor can have a look at me - really also because I don't know when to start marvelon contraception pill as i have had my period for so long. At the same time I asked them if they would cooperate with the "shared care" program so that I can get my prescriptions and do my lining tests there. I could just not believe when the clinic answered me back that they would not be able to assist me in this matter and if I needed a checkup they could do it, in about a week or so?! Was gobsmacked as I really did not think that would be a problem at all - seemed to me they were going to "punish" me for not picking them to do DE cycle....
    Anyways, have booked gyno at local hospital on Monday and to see my normal doctor on Tuesday next week so one of them will give me my prescriptions for sure. If not, I will have to ask Dr Olga to fedex me the medication from Russia... Alot of things to get sorted but we will get there in the end.
    Am really really exited about starting treatment now - my donor has also confirmed that she is ready to go so its just a waiting game now.

Chat to you girls later, let me know how you are getting on,

Ruby

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #227 on: 9/09/13, 10:19 »
    Morning girls,
    Hope you had a good weekend. The weather was pretty miserable here so not a very exciting one for us!
    Leno - hope you are back on track with a new donor and you're settling into life in Moscow.
    Ruby - gosh sounds like your clinic in Spain was very unhelpful - sorry to hear about that. I have heard that ivf treatment can bring on menopausal like symptoms but that's more hearsay than concrete knowledge. I'm sure your body will settle down soon - the drugs are a mare and i'm sure they can't be good for anyone in the long run. Fingers crossed you get the prescrips sorted.
    We are progressing with DE and have a match already. Was bit hard to decide as i produce lots of good quality eggs (apparently) and we get good blasts - but sth isn't working so need to try a new route. My transfer is set for end Oct - i will be in St Petes 28-31 Oct. I haven't found where to have my scans but think it should be no prob. Also, re drugs, you don't need prescriptions in Russia so it's all v. easy.
    Ruby, or anyone else, if you're going to be around St Pets then let me know as i don't think DH can come... so will be all alone!
    Am also really excited about treatment  :)
    xx

Offline rubyless

modify
    « Reply #228 on: 10/09/13, 21:14 »
    Evening to you all,

Smiss - yes lets meet up in St-P! We arrive the 29th of Oct and have our first consultation with Dr Olga the 30th at 16 hrs. We could meet for a (non-alcoholic) drink around 18hrs? Alot of the girls on the Norwegian forum recommend this restaurant called Terrasse/a which is a restaurant come bar open all day, just off Nevsky close to the clinic. We could meet there - or anywhere else that you would suggest, presume you know alot more than us about the city!
    The egg retrieval is set for 1st of November. Even writing it is unreal to me, today when I went to my GP in the hospital it was right next to the children's wing and alot of babies and lovely small kiddies. I could not help myself, smiling and thinking it would be ME there next year! The want of kids have been in my heart of hearts for almost ten years now, but a lot of things got in the way; moving to Spain, finding the man, buying the house, having the carrear, and then, suddenly, when everything was there there was a massive shock to the system to realise it was "too late". This TTC game is the most strenuous thing I have ever done in my life, it makes you humble to life in general and it makes me thank life every day for all its small and big pleasures. I am lucky, we can afford treatment and DH and me are stronger than ever through this, so many cannot afford or their relationship dwindle...
    Its incredibly important to stay positive but at the same time we are realistic and we are already thinking that we could do a frozen cycle after Christmas should this not work. Yes, there are a 60% success rate but reading FF has thought me many things, both good and bad  :o
    Sorry for rambling on, have had a glass of wine after compleating all my doctor/gyn tests today and think I have bloody deserved it  ;D
    Everything went fine with my local GP and the Gyno in the hospital here was lovely, so no problems with prescriptions or tests thankfully. I start my contraception pills tomorrow, and will continue for the next month, so we are on our way!
    Anyway, please let us know how you are all getting on, will be back shortly  :)

Ruby

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #229 on: 11/09/13, 08:39 »
    Morning ladies ^wave^
    Well the sun is shining here in Moscow and i'm excited as AF has arrived today!! a few days late of course, but feels like as from today the schedule is starting!!
    Ruby - our timings are almost the same... yes would love to meet in SP - Terrasse is lovely, it's more of a restaurant than i bar i think but am sure we will sort something out. Let's keep in touch.
    This ttc journey is certainly not easy and i can totally empathise with your thinking but hopefully this is our time - we deserve it!
    I have to wait a few weeks to get all my tests done as they are only valid 1 mth.. but i did buy a lot of the drugs in advance so am all ready to go. That's great your clinic was helpful.
    Leno - how are you doing?
    Hi to Fairy and anyone else reading!
    xx