* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 113953 times)

0 Members

Offline Lenocheck

modify
AVA Peter Russia Merged posts
« Reply #230 on: 14/09/13, 06:51 »
Morning girls
Ahh so good to be back!
Ruby - what a disappointment re the clinic response re prescriptions, gosh you never know what you come across, so hope it will be sorted one. May be ask Olga if she knows anyone docs locally over there where you are. She has mentioned that they collaborate with some docs in the uk, may be its the same for spain...sorry to hear about you last oe cycle ... I definitely noticed that the ivf meds affected my skin, and muscles. Have to exercise much more these days to stay fit. And its not about the weight, its just i have to work harder to stay toned, which was never a prob before. Of well guess the gravitation plays her nasty tricks as well :).
Smiss-  how exciting about the match and treatment, its all happening, yey! Id love to catch up, how is your next week planned out? Im working daytime, however free in the evenings with no plans so far and so up to meet if you free:). Kropotkinskaya is a very lovely area you are so lucky to live there! I realise how difficult was to get to a point of going DE especially as you always have many of your own. Event for me with a lower than modest 3-4eggs it was not an easy one, and i tried every single flipping option on earth before decided that thats it. Btw here is my contact no. 89651025961. Look forward to see you soon.
As for me - last week was absolutely mental, organising to work remotely, moving out, catching up with my DHs folks and friends and finally arriving to moscow  monday night. The week literally flew by with sorting out internet, working and busy correspondence with  DrOlga. Behold yourself :) we are cycling soon gonna be in Peter from 27th september for 10-12 days. You can imagine how happy we both are happy after the recent drama! :). So far im very impressed with AVa, very professional indeed. Pls may it continue great for all of us:).

Have a lovely weekend everyone
Lena xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline violetbear

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #231 on: 15/09/13, 03:33 »
    Hello,

I am a 44yo single woman considering embryo adoption at Ava Peter in Russia.  I've read through all these posts and it seems as though they are pretty successful.  I am trying to get my doctor here in the US to partner with them for the Shared Care schedule.  My goal is to do a transfer in December. 

Good luck to everyone who is currently traveling there!

VioletBear

Offline Lenocheck

modify
    « Reply #232 on: 16/09/13, 12:23 »
    Hi VioletBear
    Welcome to this place, i'm pretty much new one here too. All i can say is that it's a grand place to be when you need to share what you are going through.
    Hopefully you won't have any problems with getting your local doc on board, this would be a great help indeed.
    Are you already in touch with AVA Peter guys and started planning your trip in December?

Hey girls - hope you are all doing well. The weather in Moscow is grim, feels like we never left england :). It's raining cats and dogs, however there is a hope that soon it will all improve. So i'm working away as much as i can to free up some time in the end of the week so Mark and I can go somewhere nice. Last Friday we spent most of the day at Tzaritsino - lovely park and they've done a decent work restoring the palace. And then ended up walking around Yakimanka, visiting little churches and watching people. Fascinating! Lol Mark is yet to be used to not to be smiled back when he asks for directions or buys stuff....Tough people we are, russians. have no idea why in general we are not that friendly....anyway, a little observation :). I hope one day it will change.

Hugs to everyone
    lena xx

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #233 on: 16/09/13, 12:46 »
    Hi girls!
    VioletBear - welcome and good luck with getting things sorted for December! Let us know if you have any questions.
    Leno - the weather is awful here ! I took part in the Moscow Marathon yesterday (only 10k!!!) and it rained but the atmosphere was incredible. We took the last lap around the Luzhniki stadium then to the finish line which really took my breath away. Move over Mo Farah !!!!
    That's great you are cycling so soon - how did that happen so quickly, are you using frozen eggs? Glad you like AvaPeter, I'm sure you'll be in safe hands.
    We go to London next week for a week  - will PM you about meeting up.
    Ruby - how are you doing?
    Well, I need to do some work....
    xx

Offline Lenocheck

modify
    « Reply #234 on: 17/09/13, 08:06 »
    Morning ladies
    Smiss - you did marathon!!!!? That's fantastic - i imagine what you felt, bet it was amazing. I'm not the one for a long run, however i'd do it for the sake of getting to the finish line!
    The reason for us to be able to start so soon was that i have started the pill already in August preparing for cycling with Moscow clinic, when our previous donor has pulled out. With a help from Ava we were able to find a nice match who was available and happy to start the fresh cycle soon.
    Ruby - hope you are well, pls let us know how are things.

Good day to everyone
    lena
    xxx

Offline rubyless

modify
    « Reply #235 on: 17/09/13, 20:54 »
    Hi girls,

how are you!? So much have happened since I was here last, I need to check ff more often :-)

First of all; welcome Violetbear! I can only imagine how its like being over in the US trying to get things sorted at the other side of the world, choosing clinics, understanding all the terms and differences between treatments! Its a full time job really, and daunting (I found at least) But as soon as you get in touch with AVA you will feel in good hands and well looked after, at least I did!

Lenocheck so you are also in Moscow now? Wow you certainly managed to move quickly, really impressed that you managed to swap clinics, change jobs (?), find a place to live etc in such a short amount of time?! I suppose sometimes its better this way; as it gives one less time for fretting (talking about myself here really ;-) Do you have any idea when your DE will be yet? sooo exiting!

Am well impressed Smiss! Marathon! And here I am thinking I'm doing well for managing to walk along the beach a couple of times a week.  ;D It must feel like such an accomplishment; also really really good for your body and soul to prepare for what you will be going through in the next couple of months.

I have not really started any particular regime as regards to eating/drinking/training but am working really really hard on attitude and positive thinking. Also taking vitamines and have started contraception pill, last day to be 11th of Oct, so must be more or less in tune with the rest of you ladies?...

Am a bit wobbly as tomorrow is my 38th birthday - and my lifelong "plan" was always to get 2 babies before 37. I know its silly really but am a list-maker and have always had life goals and everything else has slotted into my plan nicely. Just the single most important thing left on the "to do" list"  :-\ 
    Enough with the self pity, have taken the day off work tomorrow and will spend it the way any self respecting woman would want - first to the shopping mall to get some birthday gifts and then to the  beach afterwards. Its been really really hot and sticky in Spain the last week and we are all praying for it to cool down now. Sorry to be saying this but the grass is always greener - I would love a cosy rainy day spent in front of a fire place, am really tired of the sun every day!  ^idiot^

Hope you all have a good week,

Ruby

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #236 on: 18/09/13, 13:40 »
    Hi,
    Just to set the record straight I only ran 10k, not the entire marathon!! That would have been a mega achievement but i'm afraid i'm not that fit!! In fact I think running isn't meant to be that good when ttc, but maybe it's ok with DE? It keeps me sane though.
    Hi Ruby - glad all ok. I take my last pill on 4th Oct so just a week ahead. Don't worry about your bday! I know what you mean... I thought i'd have at least one baby by now too, not still on this journey but what can you do! Life throws curveballs. We will all be stronger at the end! Have a great day tomorrow, hoping for clouds and rain for you!!
    Hi Leno/Lena, VioletBear and Fairy! - I think that's all of us. xx

Offline violetbear

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #237 on: 19/09/13, 01:17 »
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcome.  I have contacted AVA and exchanged a few emails with Diana.  Still no word from my doctor here - just playing phone tag. 

Are you ladies doing the single donor, 10-egg option?  I am considering that given the fact that traveling all the way to St. Pete is so long and expensive!!  Future transfers would just require a one-day stay.  I am super nervous as I've never done IVF or anything.  I adopted back in 2009 and have been on a waiting list for the last three years for another one.  I am just too old to keep waiting and I really want my daughter to have a sibling. 

Ruby - don't stress about being 38.  If only I could be that young again!!!   :)

Lena/Smiss - I see that y'all live in Mosocw.  I studied at LGY in St. Pete back when it was still Leningrad and lived in Moscow for a few years in the 90s.  I really miss living there except for that horrible cold and snow.   ;)

Offline Lenocheck

modify
    « Reply #238 on: 19/09/13, 07:14 »
    Ruby - Happy birthday to you sweetheart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^pompom^ A little happy dance for your day - you are the youngest here :), celebrate it all day long  - treat yourself with lovely things and have around those who love you and make you feel great!
    :) btw - you are soon going to have a break from that annoying sun (please send it over here to Moscow it's being a non stop greyness), you'll have a plenty of rain/ drizzle/ snow etc when you will come over to St Petersburg in October :). Store some of that Vitamin D you will need it later hehe.

We are here only for treatment, once we are positive are flying back to england straight away. I'm really lucky to have my boss who was always very understanding and supportive and allowed me working remotely for a few weeks, while we are here cycling.

Violetbear - how amazing, you lived in Leningrad/ Moscow back then?! It's so different now, it's totally surreal. You'll be fascinated. I moved to the uk about 10 years ago and every time i get back here i'm left surprised about the changes. All very interesting indeed.
    I really hope that things will work out and you little girl will have a baby sis or brother soon.

Smiss - was great to hear from you thanks!! I'm so jealous that you and Ruby will be in St Petersburg at the same time - a nice little club of AVAs girls :). I'll be thinking of you both.

Have a nice day girls
    Lena xx

Offline violetbear

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #239 on: 21/09/13, 14:54 »
    Hi everyone,

So finally got in touch with my doctor and she agreed to work with AVA Peter.  However, I've hit a snag now.  I wanted to do the transfer in the last half of December when my daughter is out of school but the clinic won't be open then.  Has Russia adopted December Christmas holidays.  When I lived there it was celebrated in January. 

Argh!  I am at a loss now of what to do.  I spent four hours on the computer last night looking at IVF clinics in Czech, South Africa, etc.  It is cheaper in Czech but Dr. Olga seems perfect. 

Have a great weekend!
    Violetbear