* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 114016 times)

0 Members

Offline Lenocheck

modify
AVA Peter Russia Merged posts
« Reply #240 on: 23/09/13, 13:03 »
Hi girls
Hope you are having a good start of the week.

Violetbear - that's a bit of surprise to me too, you are right the russian xmas is in Jan, however may be the clinic closes due to the fact that there are not many people cycling during that particular time... who knows. Pls let us know how it goes with Dr Olga.

Smiss - fingers crossed you'll enjoy some nice sunny weather while in London! Well planned :)!

Ruby - hope it's all good and you had a lovely celebration last week.

Afm - tix o Peter is sorted and a friend of mine helped to find a nice little attic flat to rent near the Moscow station, just off Nevskij.  The agency has sent me the pictures of the flat and it did remind me the one in Ratatouille cartoon! Not quite Paris, but Peter is romantic enough to me :). Not sure how i'll manage to carry on working with all lovely places to visit, parks to walk and appointments to attend. I'll manage  somehow i guess :).

Wish you all a very nice week.
hugs
lena xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #241 on: 25/09/13, 06:37 »
    Hello!
    Just wanted to say good luck to Leno!!! The attic apt sounds lovely and cosy. Have a good time and best of luck.
    Vb- hope you get a plan sorted for Xmas. Maybe you can be scheduled for early jan?
    Hi ruby!! How's it going?
    I'm hunting down some sun, on way to London  ;)

Xx

Offline Lenocheck

modify
    « Reply #242 on: 26/09/13, 10:52 »
    'Ello ladies!

So good to hear from sunny London :) - i'm pleased to report that the rain is here no more! I bit chilly but nice and dry, just what we want. Warm ammunition is out  and on ;D yey.

Have a good day and i'll be back soon.
    xx

Offline rubyless

modify
    « Reply #243 on: 30/09/13, 21:01 »
    Hello girls!

Leno; hope your move went OK - are you in St peters now? Have you started all your meds yet and do you know when your transfer will be now?  Crossing my fingers for you :-)  Sorry alot of questions but I suddenly realised that it is less than 5 weeks till I am there myself, doing what you do! Exited/scared/happy :-)

Smiss: London is wonderful in Autumn, with all the lovely colors on threes in the parks... and the shopping/entertainment/museums! Am jealous, I love it there. How is the meds going as of yet?

Afm: really had a busy time, which is good- keeps my mind of things! After my birthday I had a wonderful weekend with lots of shopping, dinners, went out for (a few) drinks on the Saturday and danced till two in the morning! Was a wreck after that though, I seem to be really tired nowadays and need a lot of sleep. Just came home from a wedding in Romania this weekend, was an experience! And quite cold and rainy so I got the rain I wanted. Really cosy and stayed in a lovely hotel in Bucharest, but was petrified in traffic - Romanians drive like racer drivers!
    Am going to doctor to get all the bloodtests and letter tomorrow, and send it off to Russia. Have also applied for the Visa and sorted payment.
    Am am really exited (and scared!) as it feels more real somehow for each thing I do. Am so glad that I have got FF and you girls to share it with!

Speak soon  ::)

Ruby

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #244 on: 1/10/13, 09:13 »
    Hi there!
    Well I'm back from sunny London. It was a great trip but went by far too fast. I was also glad to get back though, as feel like my st Petes journey is starting soon....
    Leno - any news? have you had the emb transfer yet?
    Ruby - sounds like you've had a great time recently. I also had a few wines in London ha ha...
    So you're all on track by the sounds of things.
    I just made an appt to have the blood tests/smear tests for this Friday. I will then ask the clinic if they can do my scans - I hope it's ok!
    I did the Diphereline injection yesterday - it was ok but was cloudy/pinky in colour - does anyone know if this is right? usually these things are clear/white... i was a bit concerned but did it anyway! I've contacted the nurse at AP but they haven't got back to me yet. i hope i don't have to do it again!
    And one other thing - me and DH are planning to get a week's holiday in before St Petes. So, right after the 2nd scan. Dr Olga said it was fine but i'm worried that the timing is off - if there's a problem with lining or i need another scan? Not sure what to do....also do you think you can swim wearing those patches?
    Anyhoo, bye for now xxx

Offline Lenocheck

modify
    « Reply #245 on: 1/10/13, 19:20 »
    Good evening girls - gosh the time is flying by, i did not realise it's been a while!

So good to hear from both of you and that you have had such exciting times :).

Ruby - :) ahh you and your rain! What an exciting time you have had, good for you - carry on with celebrations and having a great time, enjoy while you can. 5 weeks is nothing, it will happen so so very soon! I wish i had a massive glass of wine right now - was thinking today of asking Dr Olga what she things about it hehe

Smiss - don't worry about the cloudy/ pinky color of Dipherelin - it was intramuscular, so i it sounds like when you put the needle into the muscle you hit a minor blood vessel (capillary) hence this cloudy/ pinky color. As far as i know it's not a problem at all and it does not reduce the effectiveness of the medication. I'm sure one of the nurses will be back to you tomorrow.
    A holiday before the cycle sounds superb. Swimming with the parches is fine, i struggle to take them off - they are pretty sticky :). I'm sure that the 2nd scan will indicate/ confirm that the lining is developing as it should be. Guess they just pump it up some meds if needed and that's it.

Afm - all is going well. it was so lovely to finally meet Dr Olga - very very pleased that for a very unplanned reason we ended up cycling with her. She has added blood thinners and steroids to my meds, due to the immune tests that i've done before (huh i turned up with massive file of all my previous treatments and tests - that's me, i'm a control freak!). We had a 2nd scan which was all good and she was happy with my lining, so there is not much left to do for us but do a lots of sightseeing and me working in between :). Ahh totally forgot to mention - the flat we rented ended up to be not quite as delightful as i thought  haha - i tend to imagine that things are better than they are in reality. Shall i say basic? Fells a bit like old good uni days back in 80s ;). Well it's an experience especially for my DH. Anyway we are moving to a hotel in a day or two.
    Re transfer - no, we are not there yet, quite few more days to go :). Would you mind if i keep it a bit vague? Purely for my own sake, gosh waiting is always the most difficult part.
    Oops i always end up with a rather lengthy post....better wrap it up!
    Goon night! Hugs
    Elena

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #246 on: 2/10/13, 12:07 »
    Hi girls,
    Good to hear all going well Lena, fingers crossed for you! ha ha re the flat, let me know if the hotel is any good, i need to book a few nights, haven't given it much thought yet. Exciting times for you x

I spoke to the nurse at AP and she reassured me that Diphereline is milky/cloudy in appearance so should be ok. I still think it looked a bit strange (before it was injected into me) but was within the expiry date so just hoping it's ok. I'm looking forward to stopping the pill on Friday as it's been giving me massive headaches every day. Well I assume it's the pill ! I never get headaches so must be the reason.

I'm having a bit of a medical week as going for a mole check now... been putting it off a while ... dreading it! I've had to have some removed in the past and think there's some new ones so really not looking forward to it but i guess you have to look after yourself.

Well girls, hope you're having a good day xx

Offline Lenocheck

modify
    « Reply #247 on: 2/10/13, 19:02 »
    Good evening all :)
    Smiss - sorry i think i misunderstood you re the shot - that's me reading across the page! Glad nurses confirmed it's fine. Just take it and not worry about it anymore. Yey - pill-free time, i bet you can't wait. Funny enough the busereline depot shot that i had when i started this cycle gave me quite nasty headache for the first few days, but then it was all gone.
    Good luck with the mole check, hope it will go well and it will be off your list of worries. I'll be thinking of you!

I had a little victory yesterday with the agency - they did not want to give us money back for early departure, however after long and tedious conversations with them we moved to another flat. And what a location! It's literally 2 doors away from the the arch/street that leads to the Palace Square and the entrance is next to Cartier store! The flat is not bad at all, well much much better than the one we stayed before. However there are always buts here...The stairwell looks like the 2nd world war bombings have happened only yesterday. Brilliant! And rather entertaining! Totally -  only in Russia experience. 

We are staying here till Friday. See whether the agency will be willing to negotiate and offer as a much reduced rate to stay until next week. If not we will move either to Hevsky Grand Hotel (we stayed there before - only 50 or so - clean, simple place) or Vera - it's a bit further away, however a lovely place to stay, same 50 including breakfast.

Right this is all from us for today.
    Have a lovely day tomorrow.
    Lena xxx

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #248 on: 4/10/13, 12:15 »
    Hi there,
    Just a little update from me - mole check fine phew!. Had all my other tests today and get results next week plus the GP letter - apparently i have low blood pressure but think i was just hungry and a bit tired. Going to try and take it easy this weekend.
    Lena - you made me laugh re the stairwell!! I rented a flat in Peter last year and we had a similar stairwell i think! Hope it's an improvement though and great location. Do you know how long you will be in St Petes for?
    Hi to everyone else!! Have good weekends.
    x

Offline rubyless

modify
    « Reply #249 on: 5/10/13, 17:25 »
    Hi girls,

hope you are all keeping well!

Leno: sorry to hear you have had a bit of drama re apartments & deposits, certainly not the sort of problems you need when you got so much else on your mind! Glad to hear it is sorted though - and I cant wait to see st peters - it will be my first trip to Russia and I think it will be every bit that I imagined it to be. Also, understand you completely re: transfer day and keeping this to yourself. But you know that we are there on the other side of the screen to help you through when the waiting gets too though ;-)

Smiss: good to hear everything is well, also re: mole check. I have also been checking all sorts of things lately as want to make sure that I am as healthy as possible. No marathon runs for you this weekend then ;-) have you had any side effects of your shot or are everything else going well?

afm have had a busy week at work - again. had to work today as well as i needed to wrap up with clients this morning before they went back to Norway. I will try and cut down with work now before going to St P but its not easy as my office environment is hectic at best of times. I know stress is a killer for BFP so I have to work on being calm and collected, easier said than done though  :o
    Will take the Procren depot shot on Monday and wondered where you ladies set it? the pharmacy here in Spain said it should NOT be intermuscular, so in stomach then? I am also struggling with alot of stomach/periody cramps from the contraception pill - feels as i will have period every day! Cant wait to stop taking them (only to start on other pills of course, lol)

Wishing you a very relaxing and good weekend, speak soon

Ruby