* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 113424 times)

0 Members

Offline Claresarahwoo

• Un-Ranked
modify
AVA Peter Russia Merged posts
« Reply #460 on: 2/10/16, 09:39 »
Hi fairy

I've sent the results to Tamsin so guessing she will pass them on ready for the consultation.

I really hope I can  use Ashligh. It was hard enough excepting I couldn't use my own eggs. Using Ashleigh's was the next best thing. I know if I have to use an unknown donor I'd get my head round it but would feel harder.

I'm doing this on my own, although I have a friend who said he would be the sperm donor (we were together 10 years and be friends for 5) but I'm not sure if that's going to work so may also be looking at as perm donor. This is another reason I really want to use Ashlighs eggs. At least there would be some familiarity there. I'm not sure how I'd feel using donors for both things ☹️ If I was doing it with a partner as long as there was one of us in there I'd be happy, unfortunately not met mr right yet.

Can I ask how many eggs you got frozen? I'm wondering what the avarge amount is?

Can I ask (feel free to ignor this if you don't feel comfortable answering it) did you choose the gender you put back? I only ask because since knowing I can't use my own eggs and that I maybe needed 2 Unknown donors I really feel strongly about gender. I know to some people this msyb hard to understand, but for me if both donors are unknown I would feel worried about attachment issues. I've never been bothered which gender till now, I suppose I'd always hoped to have a partner and a couple of children so not really gave it much thought. Now I'm doing this alone and with donors I really feel id bond better with a daughter and the feeling of wanting a girl is becoming quite strong. I'm very close to my mum and she's the on,y close family I have left. Maybe this is something to do with how I feel, who knows.
I know you can decide which embryo to put back, I guess it depends on if you get a good gender split, no idea how likely this is?

Thanks for your support fairy :-)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline frankiefee

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Desperately seeking feedback on AVA Peter
    « Reply #461 on: 8/10/16, 12:34 »
    Hi Hun, I am also interested in hearing feedback about AvaPeter...I got in touch with them and received a really helpful email back. I like the idea of being able to see pictures of the donors. I have just asked if there is availability of the donor I like the best, only sent the email yesterday so will let you know how I get on xx

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #462 on: 14/10/16, 13:17 »
    Hi Claresarahwoo
    I just replied to your direct message but realise there was a few things below u were asking too.
    We've got 8 blasts
    Frozen all gods quality, I think from memory two are very good. I only had one out back as it was excellent quality and it worked. So Dr Olga would discuss this with u first.
    I think it's only natural to worry about attachment issues when we follow these paths. But pls your the mummy, carrying, birthing and raising the child. Your blood, skin, hair, mannerisms. Your baby  ^hugme^

Offline Nicnik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #463 on: 30/08/17, 14:20 »
    Hello,

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but thought i'd give it a try.  :)

I had a skype consultation with Dr Olga at Ava Peter yesterday and feel that I got quite a good vibe.  I have not made any decision as yet as to whether we will definitely use them, but would be really keen to hear anyone who's cycled with them in the last year, thoughts on the clinic and their service etc.

Many thanks - appreciate any comments you can provide. xx

Offline Lilycome

modify
    « Reply #464 on: 5/10/17, 20:50 »
    Hi, I am probably going to choose AVA next month for tandem cycle and would really appreciate hearing about others experiences with them.

Offline ldn

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #465 on: 1/12/17, 07:20 »
    Hi everyone, I am considering doing ED with Ava Peter. I had a great consultation with them over skype and all the details were sent to me promptly. Is anyone else is going through a treatment with this clinic right now? Thank you!

Offline Lilycome

modify
    « Reply #466 on: 1/12/17, 19:27 »
    Hi IDN,

I had a very bad experience with AVA Peter, where they wasted 1,000 of my money. 

I felt I was treated like a second-rate citizen, and that they really weren't interested in providing a service to me.  I had to constantly hassle them with emails and phone calls just to get a reply.

I emailed them months and months in advance telling them of my intention to come for treatment in November, and even the dates as my cycle is extremely regular.   But I couldn't make them 'get on with it' with starting my treatment.  When I was emailing in September and October to get an appointment with Dr. Olga, it proved impossible. When I finally got one, and sat by my Skype for an hour, she didn't show up.  They said they would apologise and reschedule.  They never did.  I had to sort it myself. Many expensive phone calls to Russia later, they eventually rescheduled it with a different doctor.

I needed laparascopic (through the tummy) egg retrieval for my high left ovary.  I was advised this by my UK clinic after 2 previous IVFs failed to reach it.  AVA Peter initially said they could do this.  I have 5 follicles on the left and only 1 on the right.  So for me it was critical to get those left hand eggs. Then they wrote me an email saying as I had so few follicles it 'wasn't worth it' for them to do the laparscopic retrieval.  So I discussed it at my Skype with Dr. Alena Egorova.  She agreed they would do the laparascopic procedure as clearly I needed it.  So I bought plane tickets, hotel, and visa.  Visa alone for us cost around 500.  I tape recorded my Skype.  So I KNOW what was said and agreed to.

Then they sent me the invoice and their patient coordinator Ann, said they would NOT do the laparascopic retrieval after all.  When I quoted their email where they had said they could offer laparascopic retrieval, they said 'ah yes, we CAN do it, but we WON'T do it for you'.

At this point I was so infuriated with them I gave up and switched to a Ukrainian clinic instead, IRM (Institute of Reproductive Medicine) where I had a superb experience and was very well taken care of.  I am now in my 2WW.

I still went to Russia for a few days holiday as everything had been paid for and couldn't be cancelled but essentially I wasted a huge chunk of money.

It is also worth noting that Russian people *really like rules*.  Everywhere I went, there were signs about the rules.  The clinics treatment of me reflected this.  They refused to offer me personalised treatment.  They wanted me to go on BCP and when I declined (because I'm in my 40s, it's not recommended to shut down the ovaries as some ladies have trouble starting them up again) they gave me a load of grief about this.  They gave me a load of BS about 'controlling my cycle' - (to suit whom - me or them?).  When I told them you could set my natural cycle by Big Ben and it had been this way for 30 years they weren't interested.  There were a specific couple of weeks I had booked off work to fit around my 100% predictable cycle, which I couldn't change.  Still they weren't interested.  They wanted me to 'do their rules' and their totally inflexible, unpersonalised protocol!  Shame on them.

Their patient coordinator lady, Ann Savelya had me in tears at one point.  It's not how it's supposed to be.  The Ukrainians had me feeling loved and supported and it helped me so much through this difficult process, regardless of the cycle outcome.

I had such high hopes for AVA but left feeling utterly disgusted with them.  They are absolutely not worth the high prices the charge.

This was only my experience that I can write about of course but it was a very bad one.  I do not recommend them.

If anyone would like advice on the Russian visa process or how I got on in the Ukraine (I paid about 1/3rd of what AVA Peter were charging), feel free to send me a PM although I'm not online very frequently.  I visited a few clinics in the Ukraine so I can offer my impressions of them.  I went to IRM, Vittoria Vita and Biotex.

Good luck and baby dust to all.
    xx

Offline ldn

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #467 on: 3/12/17, 12:06 »
    Hi Lilycome,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry for so much grief you received from this clinic. The experience you describe I had similar from The Lister Clinic in London, different medical issues but similar attitude, and I know just too well how it feels. I am still in the process of deciding on the clinic, will look at IRM - thank you for this tip! I am sending good wishes for your pregnancy!

all the best,

xxxx

Offline Lilycome

modify
    « Reply #468 on: 4/12/17, 21:00 »
    Hi IRM, thank you very much for the kind wishes, I am in my 2WW and at the difficult stage of last few days, I'm over on the December 2WW board!

I'm sorry you had a bad time with the Lister.

I really would recommend IRM and also just going to Kiev.  I felt really safe there and it was soooo cheap to rent a hotel, get taxis etc.

Also the price of the IVF was about a third of what AVA Peter charged.  Which means I have more money in 2018 to try again if this cycle doesn't work.  And they have a huge selection of donors in the Ukraine, whose adult photos you can see etc.

I wish you the very best of luck with everything, whatever you decide.
    xxxx

Offline klars

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #469 on: 27/07/18, 11:41 »
    This appears to be somewhat of an old thread, but I'll post here anyway. Has anyone here used the clinic's guarantee and had any issue with receiving their money back if need be? Thanks so much :)