* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 113327 times)

0 Members

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
  • Just one more!! 😀👌
modify
Re: Successful treatment at AVA-Peter
« Reply #50 on: 26/10/10, 12:22 »
Hi I am new here but I just wanted to say that I have read your stories from page 1 to page 4 and your stories are wonderful and have given me so much hope.  I am 41 and I am also going to Ava Peter for Initial Consultation on 18th Feb next year.  Then we plan on going back at the end of March or beginning of April fro the ET.  I am a little nervous but more so excited.  Your stories have really made me have a lot of hope.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 26/10/10, 19:44 »
    Hi Missy Moo!

I hope you are successful Dr Olga Zaysteff is very very good, and the clinic is very professional, dont be worried or nervous they know what they are doing, you will be in safe experienced hands.
     I am going back at the end of November for donor IVF. I am hoping for a positive this time.
    Dont hesitate to ask me anything you want to know!

Lily X

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 27/10/10, 09:04 »
    Hi Lily

Wow good luck for you in November  ^pray^ What date is it in November.  We are staying in the Raddison because I am booking with Expedia and that seems the best star rating with a lot of good feedback.  The price is around 600 for flights and accomodation and then I have to get our visa.  I believe  I cannot apply for the visa until 45 days before we actually enter Russia.  I don'tknow what you did but I saw some sites on the internet to book our Visas and it comes to about 80 each for 30 day Tourist one.  It says they come in about 8 days so I just hope to god they do.  How did you find the visa ordering etc.  Could you give me some advice as you have done all that before.  In fact any advice on any of the process would be more than appreciated. 

Yes I see Dr Olga and have heard such good comments about her.  Very professional.  The ladies on here talk very highly of her.  I will try not to worry and make a little holiday out of it.  Is it ok to fly home the day after transfer?

Offline psy

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 1/11/10, 20:33 »
    Hi there

I am also a big fan of Dr Olga. I went out at the beginning of 2008 and my daughter is now 2 and I returned last week and had two embryos transferred (will test on Monday 8th). Last time I flew out on the Friday, embryo transfer was on the Monday and flew home on the Tues. This time I flew out on Monday, transfer on Weds and flew home on the Friday. Both times without difficulty. As for the visas that is not so much fun. Last time the process was quite easy, this time it is more complicated as the form, the cost and the process are much more difficult - but not impossible. There are two aspects to the visa. First is the invitation and second is the application. There are companies in the Uk who will do the whole thing for you and provided you do it in good time it is about 80 - 100 per visa depending on which company you use. The other way is to request an invitation from your hotel and then fill in the aplication form online and send it off to the embassy. A much cheaper option than using a company and again provided you don't leave it to the last minute everything should work out ok.

Good luck with your trip and if you have any further questions, let me know.

psy

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 2/11/10, 16:21 »
    Psy - Hi there and ty for taking the time to read my post and answering me.  Wow so your daughter is now 2!! Will you be taking her with you?  I hope you get your :bfp: when you test on 8th!!!  ^pray^ ^reiki^

It's amazing that they can do the transfers so quick and so stressfree.  We are staying at the Raddison.  Where did you stay?

My OH suggested that we are going to just take a day off together and spend a day in London where we will go to the Russian Embassy and sort out Visas out and then mentioned going for a meal and seeing a show so this is all really great! hehe.  Do you think if we go there direct that it will be easier.  We were going to do this at the beginning of January and we fly out on 17th Feb so is this enough time?

Oh and also, hopefully we wont need to go back as Dr Olga is so good but if we do is there a problem applying for another Visa in the same year.  I have heard different stories regarding this?

Do you know what Dr Olgas personal success rate is.  I have heard it is 72% is this right?  That's amazing if so.   :-*

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 2/11/10, 17:59 »
    Hi Missy Moo moo! Hi posy!!
    Fingers crossed for you !

I got my visa through www.visitrussia.org.uk they are very quick and reliable and no problems. I have always been worried about the amount of times I visit but I have been 4 times in one year and it doesn't seem to be a problem.
    I have stayed at  Nevski Aster and Nevski Grand, Pietro Palace and Nevski Sky, I like the Nevski Grand the best as its just round the corner from the clinic no taxis!
    All the Russian hotels are pretty much the same ( not very luxurious!!!) the posh ones seem to charge you extra for EVERYTHING whilst the cheaper ones throw everything in included!
    I usually book my flight with KLM from Humberto to Amsterdam then change to St Petersburg. But I have flown via Copenhagen and Frankfurt to get cheaper flights!
    I have previously booked my hotel via expedite, but recently booked a hotel via the visit Russia site.
     Its very cold and dark in the winter!
    I am waiting for AF to arrive then booking transfer and then flights visa etc so should be around 25th November.
    Its very exciting, I have Leonid the taxi driver recommended by the clinic- he is lovely and reliable and very friendly, I feel he is now like my brother he has met us so many times- its 1hour in the taxi into the city so we have spent 8 hours in his company- so we know him very well- we are now even friends on social media!!! I will give you his e-mail if you need him to meet you!
    Keep in touch!
    Lily X

/links

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #56 on: 2/11/10, 18:53 »
    Hi Lilly,

Thanks for you post.  I will take a look at that site.  Have you just downregulated then and waiting for withdrawal bleed?  How did you get the meds to do this?  Was it easy?  I have heard that the hotels are old and dated and have a musty smell so I am not going to be thinking we are staying in a Palace.  To be honest I just want to come home with Our Little Russian Doll.  That's really the whole purpose!!!  hehe

Thanks for the advice about the Visas! The flights! 

Yes you are right it is soooo exciting.  It's like you want to tell everybody but you can't because you don't think they would ever understand or they might say......"do you know what you are doing".  But they would only say that because they don't know what we know and they don't have the knowledge as we do. 

I am soo excited to hear your news.  There are two of you now who are going to get your Little Russian Dolls and I am praying for you both.  I honestly am!!! Please god, please let you both get your BFP!!!!! 

Ava didn't mention any taxi drivers to me but I suppose that they wouldn't recommend anybody inparticular as I am quite new to them but I would really love this taxi drivers details as this would make the process so much smoother so I would really appreciate it if you could PM me his mobile or something.  I will tell him that Lilly recommended him.  Its wonderful!!! It will make things much simpler.

Its so funny that you added him on social media.  Maybe I can do the same if we get on. 

I can't wait to see St Petersburg.  I am already in love!!

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 2/11/10, 22:35 »
    Dear Missy moo moo

I have not down regulated- Dr Olga has not prescribed any down reg drugs this time- Im not sure why- she didnt last month either- maybe its not so important with DEIVF??
    I have not taken any drugs this month after the negative try last month, so this is a completely natural cycle, and Im waiting for AF bleed to arrive. On day 1 I must ring or text Dr Olga and get a date booked for the frozen transfer. We have 8 blastocysts in the freezer from our donor 2 months ago. It turned out I couldnt have a fresh transfer as my lining was not right and I started to bleed, so they had to Freeze all and I went for frozen transfer last month but it was a neg.... they I will try again this month.
     I have found a gyny consultant here in my home town to support me. I paid privately to see him, and asked him if he would prescribe the drugs I needed and help me with scans etc. he agreed so all is well. i suggest you do the same, you do need to find a supportive doc here who will prescribe you the meds etc. Although if you have trouble Dr Olga does say she has some contacts in the UK- but they maybe far away from where you live.
     I will message you Leonids e-mail address ( taxi driver) he speaks very good english and will be there to meet you at the airport, you just tell him your arrival time and flight etc. Just say Karen gave me your details ( thats my real name!!) He is so friendly he cant fail to get on, and he is so bright and knowledgeable, he will tell you the best places to go, and even take you places, and show you where the clinic is if you ask him to point it out. You will need him to do this as there are NO SIGNS IN ENGLISH- all the writing is in Russian cryllic so you cant read anything!!! Its quite a challenge getting about!!! The only things we recognised where the M of Madonalds, the logo of subway and ZARA!!!
     Leonid is about 40 ish, not married, but has a grlfriend, he is divorced, and his only son drowned aged only 13 - it was sooo sad.
    anyway hope that has given you a bit of info

lIly x Karen x

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #58 on: 3/11/10, 09:02 »
    Hi Lilly (Karen),

Oh well it must be better for you on a natural cycle then.  Dr Olga knows what she is doing!  hehe

I already have a doctor that will support me here in the UK called Bridge Centre nr London Bridge in London.  They call it a Satelite System what I am doing.  They deal with all the liasing and correspondence and are regularly dealing with overseas clinics in this way.  They are used to the tests and scans necessary and very experienced with all this.  They deal with it all the time.  I was worried about finding a doctor that would support me because I knew that I couldn't be guaranteed a good service with the NHS so I researched and scoured the internet for around 2 weeks and I came across Bridge and I went there actually on Monday and met the Doctor that will be in charge of my Satelite System and liasing with Ava Peter.  I also met Ema the nurse who is the Overseas Coordinator and she deals with many Satelite Systems and gave me ooodles of positive info and she is sooo friendly too.  I have been emailing her a lot and she is so good at responding and always sooo efficient.  They have actually impressed me! lol

Thank you for pm me with Leonid's details.

Much appreciated. x

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #59 on: 3/11/10, 09:05 »
    psy - Are you being down regulated or on a natural cycle may I ask?  I am just wondering what she will have me do now hmmm