* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 113331 times)

0 Members

Offline psy

modify
Re: Successful treatment at AVA-Peter
« Reply #60 on: 3/11/10, 16:12 »
Hi there

I had a fresh embryo transfer last week and as such took the down regulation drugs. Aspirin, folic acid, vitamin pills, progynova and crinone gel. All standard stuff and not a problem. You will go for your first consultation, she will make a thorough assessment of your needs, you will be able to ask any questions that you want to and then she will put together a plan for you. The plan will include dates for your transfer, all your medication etc and anything else you might need. The reason for down regulation is to ensure that you and the donor will to have your cycles at the same time. I stayed at the Nevsky Aster the first time I went out and the second time stayed at the Nevsky grand which is much nicer and like Lily said is round the corner from the clinic. The clinic is in the oldest part of St Petesburg and there are many beautiful things to see while you are there. I flew from heathrow airport direct to St Petersburg on a British Airways flight which was very reasonably priced. I too have had Leonid the taxi driver and he is great, is always there to collect you on time, gets you to where you need to go and gives you all kinds of good info along the way. I would wholee heartedly recommend him. Dr Olga does have a very high success rate and I put this down to her thoroughness and she does almost everything personally. She has a great assistant Julia who also speaks very good english and is very helpful. I did take my 2 yr old with me last week, we had a great time. Toll on next week and I can to the test.

psy

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 3/11/10, 16:34 »
    psy - Wow are you experiencing any symptoms yet?  When and what did you experience with your 2 year old daughter?  People say different things like feeling out is the best symptom and others get really sore boobs.  I just wondered what you felt.  Maybe it is different with DEIVF due to the meds etc. 

When you say you took Aspirin, folic acid, vitamin pills, progynova and crinone gel; where these things that Dr Olga prescribe you or did you decide to do this for your own benefit and if so why.  So sorry for all these questions.  I just want the best chance and don't want to ruin anything and do anything wrong. 

I bet it was lovely for Dr Olga to see your daughter knowing that she had helped bring her into the world.  It is like the fruits of her labour.  But of course you also have a lot of credit lol as you carried her and gave birth to her so obviously this should not be forgotten hehe.

Well you only have 5 days left until you test.  What hpt are you going to use? I am so excited for you.  Does Dr Olga keep in touch during this crucial exciting time?  I have heard good results are from the Superdrug brands as these are very sensitive.  Or does Dr Olga give you some to use?

Pam xx

Offline psy

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 4/11/10, 09:35 »
    Hi

Don't worry about doing anything wrong. Dr Olga will give you a very clear plan, she decides in consultation with you what you will need to take and why etc. The plan will be written down and if you have any questions she is always happy to answer them. The usual standard plan is not difficult to follow and I am sure you will be just fine.

If you go and look at the 2ww thread you will discover that the there are so may possible symptoms to indicate that a person is pregnant, some people have loads and others have none. My predominant pre-test symptom is nausea which I had with my two year old. I feel nauseous at the moment too, but this is something that Progynova can also cause so will just have to wait until Monday. If I am honest I don't get too excited about the actual pregnancy test as I have had two miscarriages just getting a positive result doesn't always mean all is well. I get far more excited/anxious when I go for the 35 day scan to check for a heartbeat and at this point I can relax a bit. Between now and Monday I will just keep busy. Last time I used a clear blue pregnancy test, but again hpt's are not definitive and so will need to wait for the results from the blood test.

It was lovely to see Dr Olga again and take my 2yr old back to St Petersberg. She is a very busy lady though so I don't usually keep in touch unless there is a problem but know that if there is she will always respond as soon as she is able.

psy

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 4/11/10, 10:15 »
    Thanks for you response.  So in the plan does Dr Olga advice you to get a blood test done too with your doctor?

Offline psy

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 4/11/10, 18:06 »
    Hi

Yes prior to your trip in February she (or Julia - her assistant) will send you a list of blood tests that you will need to have done. You will also need a letter from your GP to say that you are in good health. My GP was great at helping me out with all the tests that were needed and it is all pretty standard stuff. Because you are not going until Feb it might still be a bit early for them to send you all the info etc, but they will

psy

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 7/11/10, 19:46 »
    psy - I emailed Julia yesterday and she says that the tests can now be done there now and doctors letter can be brought for transfer and not necessary for initial cons anymore.  I think they must have changed things.  Wow I am thinking of you tomorrow and can't wait!!!  Let me  know please. xxxx

Offline psy

modify
    More good news for Dr Olga
    « Reply #66 on: 8/11/10, 14:10 »
    Hi all

Just to let you know that the hpt was positive (tescos budget version) this morning so at the moment it looks like a BFP result. Will have blood test tomorrow, no appointments were available today and my hcg level won't be back until the end of the week. Have some symptoms, nausea and sore boobs but all are good signs. Thanx for all your good wishes and hopefully all will end will next summer.

psy

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 9/11/10, 13:47 »
    psy - Did you test? I am hoping you have good news xxxx

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    Re: More good news for Dr Olga
    « Reply #68 on: 9/11/10, 13:49 »
    psy - Oh this is wonderful news!!! yay!!! woooooooooooooooo!!!  Bet you're over the moon!!

Dr Olga is one fine fine clever and worshiped doctor.  I am truly inspired! xx

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    Re: Succesfull treatment at AVA Peter Russia
    « Reply #69 on: 9/11/10, 13:54 »
    Hiya,

I just wanted to ask about this injection.  I am going for Initial Consultation as you know in Feb and back in March or April for Transfer.  This injection that I also have read has saved two ladies pregnancies; is it something that Dr Olga prescribes as a matter of course?  If so does she give you the injectables there to take home with you or do you have to get them in the UK? x