* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 113335 times)

0 Members

Offline psy

modify
Re: Succesfull treatment at AVA Peter Russia
« Reply #70 on: 9/11/10, 14:03 »
Hi there

She prescribes them as a matter of course, I have them safely tucked in the drawer upstairs. She will write you a prescription while you are there and you will go to the pharmacy next door and they will give them to you. (Much cheaper than the Uk). She will also give you an instruction sheet on how to use them and if you want to a nurse will give you a demonstration. I didn't need them last time and hopefully not this time.

Thanx for your good wishes

psy x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: More good news for Dr Olga
    « Reply #71 on: 13/11/10, 20:40 »
    Oh fantastic news well done! :) :) :)

I am back on 29/11/10 for frozen transfer....fingers  crossed XX

Offline psy

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 14/11/10, 14:22 »
    Hi guys,

Well things are never smooth, after a really good HCG result (590), managed to come down with a UTI and was on antibiotics for a week - not the greatest start to a pregnancy. Had a bigger scare yesterday though as started to bleed and have some cramping. Got in touch with the clinic and was advised to increase the Progynova and start the injections that I had brought back with me. The first injection took a whole bunch of courage and the second one was a bit easier. Bleeding has stopped and cramping has reduced to a mild dull ache. Just have to wait for the scan now.

Lily - good luck on the 29th, Russia in November isn't as bad as it sounds. We went in November last time, its a bit dull and grey but not that cold. It was much colder when we went back in January, it actually snowed.

psy

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 15/11/10, 18:45 »
    Hi Psy

OMG you poor thing, fingers crossed all ok, its nice to have the back up of those injections, they really do stop any bleeding. I took some on my 2 ww as I had tended to have breakthrough bleeding and there's no sign of any bleeding with injections v good. Fingers crossed all ok for you, how long will you wait for a scan??
    Lily X

Offline psy

modify
    « Reply #74 on: 16/11/10, 18:00 »
    Hi there

Well the news is better, decided to have another HCG just to check that the levels were going up and they are now at just over 6000, so they are doubling nicely so what ever else is happening the HCG level is doing what it is supposed to. Still taking the injections and Progynova. No more bleeding, the the cramps are now an intermittent ache which is slowly decreasing. Scan is now booked for the 2nd December so plan to keep myself busy for the next two weeks. Am sure that waiting for the scan is worse than the 2ww. Never had any of this with the other two pregnancies but has been said many times every pregnancy is different.

Lily, are you nearly all ready for your trip?

psy

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 16/11/10, 19:23 »
    Hi psy

Oh thank goodness for that- yes v sensible taking another blood test to check levels, I would panic and not think of that!!
    If those levels are doubling it shows all is well with the embryo so fingers crossed all ok over the next 2 weeks whilst you wait for the scan, how far will you be by then? How far are you now?....I guess you must be around 5 weeks just now?

I have just started taking meds ready fro my trip , I go out on the 27th and have the transfer on the 29th.
    I am taking Clexane injections- its a blood thinner ( EEEk) I hate injections so doing them is pretty horrid- I just hope its all worth it and I get a pos this time!
     Also prenisolone, progynova, estradot, asprin, vit e,

here;s hoping! XX :)

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 17/11/10, 14:40 »
    psy - Hi I just read about your scare but I am so happy that you got this sorted.  Those injections do come in handy and its fabulous that they give them to you.  Can't wait for your scan.  You will have to keep us posted.  Will be thinking about you x

Lilly - Wow so exciting that you only have a few days now and you are going out again.  This is exciting stuff!  Let us know how you get on please

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 17/11/10, 14:47 »
    Well I just got my FSH levels back from Bridge Centre in London where I will be having treatment and tests in conjunction with Ava Peter.  So they say my FSH level are 44.1!!!!  I was in total shock.  They said they couldn't give me clomid as it would not work and I could never use my own eggs for IVF as the meds would not have any effect on me.  So even though it is what I suspected and what I really in a weird way wanted to hear it is still a shock when somebody tells you bluntly that you can't have a baby with your own eggs.  Did any of you ladies have this said or your FSH tested.  I have been told that IVF with my own eggs would be pointless.  I would have no response to the meds or clomid.  Totally a shock to me.  But in a weird way it is closure and clarification that I can now move forwards.  I would have just felt guilty if I had not found this out because I was reluctant to try IVF with my own eggs because I did not want to waste my finances or have the emotional grief with all the failures and I would have felt guilty for not even trying but on the same hand I would have felt guilty if I had of tried and used all my finances and got a lot of negatives.  So now I have no option really so to me this feels better.  Doesn't that sound crazy!  I now will have no guilt at all because I do not have an alternative but to do it this way.  Guilt has gone!  Does this sound understandable to you ladies?

Offline psy

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 18/11/10, 20:19 »
    Hi there

Lily: - sounds like you are well on your way. It is now only just over a week away. Lots of meds, not sure I would remember what to take when. Hopefully you will be successful this time around.

Missy Moo: - well I hope you have recovered a bit more from your shock. I remember having loads of eggs collected and the average rate of fertilisation was 75% and they told me that none had fertilized and that getting pregnant naturally would have never happened and that I would have always need some kind of assistance, it is the kind of thing that you never think is going to happen. The thing that I always wanted was a family and I never had an internal sense of needing it to be a genetic child so I wasn't too bothered when my own eggs were no longer successful and I moved onto donor eggs. As I have one genetic child and one donor child I can honestly say that it makes no difference. People who see their baby photos when they were the same age can't tell them apart, they have an interesting range of similarities (both intolerant to orange juice), I love them both as intensely as the the other and only very occasionally do I think about their conception. How they are together, their sibling relationship is all sister and they love each other very much. As someone who has spent a lot of time, money and heartache keeping going with own eggs (at the time to avoid being on a waiting list more than anything else) I can whole heartedly advocate just going for donor IVF. If your heart wants a family and you are prepared to give your self the best chance of success then I can think of no better route than St Petersburg.

psy

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 19/11/10, 13:50 »
    psy - Thank you so much for your kind words.  Yes my heart says I want it and points me to St Petersburg.  I have identical twin girls from a previous relationship who are genetic to me.  I had them at 21 when my eggs were obviously fresh haha.  They are 19 now and beautiful.  One of them has a baby of her own, my grand daughter, also beautiful.  So I am now in a new relationship with a very lovely man only 33 years young and very much in love with each other and we have been together for almost 4 years.  It does make it easier that I have my twin girls like you also do have with your daughter but I agree totally and wholeheartedly that our Little Russian Doll will be equally loved and I know in my heart I will feel exactly the same as you do with your lovely daughters.

How are you feeling at the moment.  I think of you a lot.

Pam x