* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 113330 times)

0 Members

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
  • Just one more!! 😀👌
modify
Re: More good news for Dr Olga
« Reply #90 on: 5/12/10, 10:22 »
Yay psy is having twins!!!!  :P ;D ;D ;D  ^stocking^

Wow Lily glad to see you are finally home.  I was worried about you in all this snow.  Was it snowing in St Petersburg?  Tiredness could well be a sign and wow only a few days until you test!  Go girl! x  :P ^babyface^ ^xmassmile^

Ok can either of you girls tell me the injectables that Dr Olga sends us home with.  Are they strong progesterone injections?  My Doctor is asking this at Bridge Street.

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 5/12/10, 18:33 »
    Hiya Missy Moo

Yes the injections are 'progestrone' and something called 'Dicinon'
     Its a wonderful back up in case of bleeding. She does advise to increase the progestrone tablets first and if it doesnt stop then do the injections, but she gives you a complete protocol I keep it in my handbag so its always there 'just in case!'
    Yes snowing and minus 15 degrees in St petersburg!
    Feeling hopeful
    will keep you posted!

Lily XX

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 5/12/10, 18:46 »
    Thanks Lily hope to hear from you real soon x

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 7/12/10, 08:11 »
    OMG POSITIVE!!!!!! :) :) :)

Offline psy

modify
    « Reply #94 on: 7/12/10, 15:29 »
    Hi Lily

Well congratulations on that positive result. Guess all the hassle with travelling and getting stuck may have ended up being worth it. Sounds like a nightmare, but glad to hear that you are safe and sound. Bet you can't wait to do a blood test and get that all important HCG result. Good luck and let us know how you got on

psy x

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 7/12/10, 21:00 »
    Hi Psy

Im not having a HCG test, no one has booked me in or said it is necessary?
    I contacted the local consultant back here in the Uk, but he didnt seem to think it was needed??
    I contacted my GP, but they didnt help either??? ( They are pretty useless) They wanted to know why I needed a HCG test if I already knew I was pregnant??? mmmmmmm
    Lily X :o

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 8/12/10, 20:08 »
    Hiya

Dr Olga has now asked me to get her a HCG test, and so I have asked the local consultant here to arrange it for me ASAP
    Will keep you informed

Lily X

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 9/12/10, 07:41 »
    Hiya Psy,

I have noticed Miss Missy Moo has changed her mind about going to St Petersburg, on her status it looks like she is now going to Spain, I wonder what made her change her mind?
    I have been advised by Dr Olga to start injecting Gestone, until 7-8 weeks as I have previously had a tendency to bleed (and have had 2 miscarriages), so she thought it would be a good support for the first few weeks. I did the first one last night, it wasnt too bad, my hubby did it for me, as its a rather large needle in bottom!
    Hope things going ok for you, how many weeks are you now? Me only just 4 weeks !

Lily X

Offline psy

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 10/12/10, 00:00 »
    Hi Lily

Good to hear from you and it is good that you have been able to sort out an HCG test, will look forward to hearing the results. Sounds like Dr Olga is keeping a good eye on you. Fully understand about the injections, I did them for a week and it's really hard but well worth it. If you take your transfer date and add five days for a Blastocyst you can then work out when day 35 is which is the first chance to have a scan. I rang the clinic who did the scans and they worked it out for me based on transfer date and then booked me in. Also if you use the due date calculator on the home page on this site it will also give you a date where it might be possible to see a heartbeat. Well I am now 9 weeks pregnant. Nauseous all day and all night, dont really like the look of any food and everything is an effort - Getting up, school run, work. saying all of that it doesn't feel very different from previous pregnancies, but I think I have a bit more stamina. The next couple of weeks are going to be really hard going because of all the extra events but I am looking forward to a quieter January.

Enjoy your success

psy x

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 11/12/10, 10:15 »
    Lily - Wow congratulations on your WONDERFUL NEWS!

Yes you have noticed that we are going to Alicante now.  I do have a few reasons for this.  I didn't get much communication from Ava Peter to be honest.  I have never spoken to anybody on the telephone there and found it all rather daunting.  I calculated all the costs up with the Visa, Flights, Accomodation, the time we would need off work, cost of treatment etc, etc, other expenses and I found that with going to the Alicante Clinic I would actually be saving 2585.28.  This other clinic has great statistics too and they offer a 90% success rate on a Refund Package!!!  So I have joined the VistaHermosa Thread where there are a lot of ladies getting their BFP's from here.  It just seems easier at this stage for us and my partner was getting nervous about going to Russia because I was equally nervous as I need to feel confident about being away from my home territory.  I get terribly anxious!  I feel embarrassed to say this but its true.  I have to feel relaxed during a process like this so it seemed silly to put myself through all the anxiety when I would have enough to worry about with the DEICSI. 

I have nothing against Ava Peter and can see that they are a wonderful clinic and Dr Olga is very well spoken of.  I do hope I get my bfp with VistaHermosa but if not maybe I can pluck up the courage and get over my anxiety of going to Russia!

The Alicante clinic can let us go for the Initial Consultation in the morning and pick us up from the airport and then we get taken back to the airport at night afterwards. 

On the day of transfer I know I would feel very anxious staying over and would rather be in my own home and surroundings (personal preference) so Salome the International Consultant there said that this is not a problem either.  As long as I lay down 6 hours after the treatment I am allowed to fly home that very evening!!!  So I can be in my own home. 

I know you might think I am crazy for changing my mind but I have to feel relaxed about everything and I suppose I am building up to it all in my own unusual roundabout way.  We just want a baby at the end of the day. lol

psy - So happy that everything is going well but sorry for all the nausea.  It will all be worth it in the end.  I remember at the beginning of my pregnancy with my twin daughters I was constantly nauseous and couldn't even look at food and had to force each mouthful down me.  It used to confuse me as why women feel so bad like this when they should actually want to eat for their babies to grown.  I used to get so worried that because I wasn't feeling well and eating a lot that I was starving them.  Well I need'nt have worried as they were perfectly healthy and are now driving me crazy at 19 lol xx