* Author Topic: My first Reiki session  (Read 3681 times)

0 Members

Offline Tiny21

• Gold Member
  • 7th time lucky, very grateful for our little man
modify
My first Reiki session
« on: 19/02/09, 17:53 »
I just thought I would post having had my first Reiki session today. I posted before with questions about it but finally went for it. I read lots of comments on here and found them really helpful and overall really positive.

I spent over half an hour talking prior to the Reiki as the therapist wanted to know all about me and the infertility, she didn't have any experience or knowledge about infertility but was really really interested and asked lots of questions.

She explained all about Reiki, her training and how it works and what I might or might not feel. The session itself was in a really nice peaceful room (until somebody came into the building and made quite a lot of noise!), she had oils burning and incense and also used crystals. I laid down and then she started - it was mostly hands on, though there was some hands off work as well. I found it very relaxing and at times quite tingly all over my body. My head felt as if her hands were always on it, even though I knew they weren't. At times I felt quite warm. I wouldn't say I saw any colours particularly and mainly felt relaxed and tingly.

She focussed quite a lot on my stomach and at that point was using crystals as well - it is actually quite nice having hands resting on your stomach - I found anyway.  I asked her afterwards what she felt and she said I was very grounded and the image she got when working on my stomach was of hay being thrown in to make a nest - like a birds nest. Obviously she knows all about me and what I really want and why I was there but I did believe her and it nearly made me  :'(. She said she has sent really positive energy to me for the next tx and things to help with my anxiousness. I might go again nearer the time that we start the injections.

I am not sure about having it during tx? Any thoughts anyone. As your body is being taken over by the drugs and therefore not balanced would it interfere with that?  :-\

I would recommend it as it was very relaxing and feeling that somebody is sending such positive vibes does make you feel good. I felt good afterwards and will be interested to see how I feel over the next few days or so.

I just thought I would post with my experience. Interested to hear anybody else currently having it or anybody who gives it to themselves - she did say that might be good - don't know but sounds interesting.

here's  ^pray^ it helps. I also bought some Rose quartz as that is the best stone/crystal for fertility.

Good luck to everyone  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline sweets x

• Gold Member
    • Please can i have bubbles ending in 7s
    modify
    Re: My first Reiki session
    « Reply #1 on: 19/02/09, 18:52 »
    Tiny

Sounds very good hun. Will definately ring that lady near where i work, even if it just helps you to relax.
    Is it not something you do on a regular basis like acupunture???

I only remembered when i  was reading your post that i had reflexology about 7 years ago. A college of mine was training. She found areas around my chest and abdomen. The chest thing is i have asthma. The abdomen we thought was IBS as i had been diagnosed with this, I now believe it was the endo she picked up.

Is all very interesting isn't it

Take care hun

nicola x x x

Offline Tiny21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 19/02/09, 19:42 »
    Hi there
    I had one session of reflexology and though I enjoyed it wouldn't say I got a lot from it, I wonder if it was the therapist though. Interesting your session picked things up. I can't remember exactly where you live but there is a reflexologist in or around Sheffield with great results for people having fertility tx - I saw her on the TV once - very interesting, sadly travelling to Sheffield for our appointments is a pain enough, couldn't really do it for reflexology.

It is interesting, I have my crystals and pendant now to help me keep focussed as well.
    Tiny xxx

Offline sweets x

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 19/02/09, 19:56 »
    Where did you get your crystels from?

I am too far  from sheffield, takes an hour to get to CARE when we have to.

Take care hun

Offline Tiny21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 19/02/09, 20:50 »
    I thought you were probably too far away as well. I got the crystals from her today but you can buy them in lots of places. If you do have Reiki let me know how you get on.
    x

Offline sweets x

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 21/02/09, 17:01 »
    will do hun, you take care

Offline A.T.C.C

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 19/03/09, 22:38 »
    Hi ladies

Hope you dont mind me butting in.

Firstly .... Carnelian is a good crystal for fertility. You can get crystals fro lots of places..... most towns usually have a little shop that sells inscence and crystals etc. Its nice to get it as a piece of jewellery so you can wear it.
    I use crystals everyday for myself. I put one in my bra in the morning according to how im feeling.

I am a Reiki practitioner. I do Angelic Reiki....... it means i am a channel for Angelic healing.
    A session usually takes me about 1hr 15mins. I start with a brief chat as id rather not know too much about the client before i start the session.
    Then i use a pendulum (i use my necklace) and i check the chakras to see if they are in or out of balance.
    Then i start the healing session by placing my hands on the client .... i usually start with one hand on the chest and the other just under the breast area.
    I always work on certain areas but nearly always get drawn to other areas of the body that require healing.
    Through Reiki i also sense other energies in the room that come to pass on messages sometimes or just let their prescence be known.

The maximum amount of hands on time should be 20-25 mins. Sometimes you can feel like a session is finished after 10 mins as the client has recieved all the healing they need.

I then leave the room and leave the client to relax for about 5-10 mins and i sit and write down everything i have picked up during the session. These tend to be things about the clients personality, character, illnesses or concerns/worries. As i said i sometimes have messages for the clients or i just get names and descriptions of people.
    I can get lots of information during a session and when i am writing things down there are some things that i dont remember but that is usually because the client doesnt need to know that information.

I go back to the cient and discuss what they felt during the session and how they are feeling afterwards. It still fascinates me the experiences that some clients have ...... some clients see colours, some see people that have passed over, some see places, some just feel really different afterwards.
    I like to spend time going through their experience and i dont put lots of emphasis on what ive written until theyve got everything off their chest.
    I go through my piece of paper and pick out any concerns ive picked up or any areas of the body that i have sensed a blockage or maybe a problem.
    Deending on the person ..... some people i dont mention any energies in the room and i let them go away and read it from the paper i give them. others that i feel will be ok with it i will discuss it with them.
    Usually the people that i dont mention it to will ring me or come back and see me and say that they know the person that was in the room.

I feel totally blessed working with Angels and working with people and allowing them to experience a healing session.

After a session the healing continues to take place for up to 28 days and you can always ask the Angels for help at any time.

I dont use crystals during a healing session as personally i think you can overload a client and they can experience a healing crisis.

Just to add ... im not religious at all but i believe in Angels.

Put Angelic reiki into google and you can get more info xxxxxxx

Good luck ladies xxx

Offline Tiny21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 20/03/09, 22:28 »
    Hi A.T.C.C.
    Your message was really interesting and sounds like your clients get a brilliant service - shame you are not local to here! :).  I have now had my second session but think it was a bit marred as I developed a really bad headache afterwards, a side effect of suprecur I think. The first time she did tell me things that she sensed and it was really interesting. This time she talked through my colour chakras as I mentioned that we had done this recently in yoga and said that my chakras were balanced but didn't really give me any other feedback. Having read your message I sent her a quick email as she has been great on email responding to my queries.

I am debating whether to have a third appointment before ER (which is probably just over a week away) or whether to have a session after embryo transfer - what would your view be?
    I would definitely recommend it.
    Tiny

Offline A.T.C.C

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 20/03/09, 22:54 »
    Hi Tiny

I dont know what sort of Reiki youve been having .......
    When my clients say 'when should i come again?' i always say 'when you feel you need to' i believe that you get to a point when you want to have it again wether its 4 weeks or 6 months after. I also believe that Reiki tends to find you when you need it.

Did you drink plenty of fluids after you reiki? its advisable to do so as Reiki clears out toxins and so drinking plenty of fluids helps this.

What is 'ER'?

Reiki can also be done as distance healing. we could give it a try if you would lke to .... you'd have to email me a pic of you and we could agree a time to do it ..... it wouldnt cost you anything so if you want to give it a go just pm me babe xxxx

Offline nickym

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • ... i'd love some more bubbles ...
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 18/06/09, 19:14 »
    Ive just booked my first reiki session for Tuesday, am really intrigued about it all.

Tiny are you still having reiki?

xx