* Author Topic: LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!  (Read 186661 times)

0 Members

Offline M2M

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • My 2 gorgeous kittens who got me through 2011. :-)
Hello everyone! :)

I'm new here. I'm 27 and my partner is 30. After being unsuccessful in the adoption process, we have decided to look into the possibility of having a baby by donor insemination. I would be the one TTC. We've recently been to the Inseminar at the London Women's Clinic, which we found very interesting. Unfortunately we don't live anywhere near London, which is a real shame as we had a very good feeling about the clinic.

I'm sure I'll learn loads by reading your posts on here. Can't wait to find out more. :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline southern_angel

Welcome to all the newbies :-)

I hope the board helps you with your journeys, I find it incredibly supportive and the people on here are lovely!

Angel

ps: Lexx - I'm in a similar situation to you, although have started trying now. Feel free to ask any questions!

Offline lmb15

• Gold Member
    M2M - where abouts do you live? If you're in the Midlands, i would recommend Nurture in Nottingham. Good luck! x

Offline M2M

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • My 2 gorgeous kittens who got me through 2011. :-)
    M2M - where abouts do you live? If you're in the Midlands, i would recommend Nurture in Nottingham. Good luck! x

I'm in the East Riding of Yorkshire. :)

Offline yvonnet

• Un-Ranked
    Hi my name is Yvonne

My partner and I have been looking for a sperm donor for three years now and believe that we may have found the right person!
    I would like to share what we have learnt and been through along the way and although it seems a little daunting at this stage I will try to wright about our feelings as we go down the route of using a sperm donor!

Don't know if this is where i should post maybe someone can advise!

Wishing everyone a happy and exciting New Year

Yvonne  ^sperm^

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    Hi Yvonne

come and join us on the LGBT general chat thread..

How did you find oyur donor?

Em x

Offline Nic'n'Lau

• Hoping baby chooses us :)
    Hey there,

Wow .. this is all a bit daunting.  My name is Nicola, I'm married to an amazing woman called Laura and we've been investigating various options over the last year.  It works out I'm not suitable for IUI :(,  we decided against donor insemination because of the legal grey areas and the emotional issues .... and I've been on the IVF program since 21st December 09.  All a bit new and scary right now and am LOVING the headaches I'm getting from the Synarel.  Got my baseline scan on Thursday.

I was really nervous about writing about myself on the other forums as I've seen some horrid comments from people on other sites about how lesbians don't deserve to have children.  Its so hurtful.  Didn't think i could handle receiving abuse from narrow minded biggots like that... It seems like this thread is full of nice people though so would be great to chat to others in our situation :)

Good luck to you all for BFPs in 2010 :)

nic x

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    Hi Nic,

Welcome to FF... there are lots of gays on here so you'll fit right in!

I've had 2 IUI and had no luck yet so dont worry that you've gone straight to IVF.. your success rates are much better just think of it that way  :)

Come and join us on the general LGBT thread...

Good luck for this cycle do you know when egg collection is?

Em x

Offline Nic'n'Lau

• Hoping baby chooses us :)
    Hey Em,

Our doctor was against IUI from the start.  He said that frozen sperm just isn't mobile enough so he was suggesting IVF from the word go.  When I had my Hysterosalpingogram there was no spill from either side and no tube showing on one side so the chances of it ever working were ridiculously slim.  So I'm going to trust the universe that if we're meant to have a family we will... i think it would be too easy for me to over-analyse everything and get myself in a tizwoz... which would only hamper things. 

Will get over to the general thread after this post.... egg collection would be around 18th this month if the baseline scan on Thursday says i have down regulated.  Keeping everything crossed!

Spikayou on the general thread,

Nic x

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    I havent had a HSG yet and i'm beginning to think i should have!

Which clinic you with? I only ask as the first clinic i spoke to said they wouldnt bother with IUI as its not great... I'm now with the Esperance and we're on a break at the moment... supposed to have our follow up on the 14th Jan but thinking about postponing for a few more month to lose more weight.

Em x