* Author Topic: LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!  (Read 186667 times)

0 Members

Offline Nic'n'Lau

• Hoping baby chooses us :)
Awww .... yeah, our clinic wouldn't even let us start any treatment without one.  We are with Bourn Hall near Cambridge - the founding fathers of IVF apparently.  First IVF baby was conceived there. 

The HSG isn't the nicest thing in the world. if you do decide to have one I would seriously suggest getting one at the earliest possible date in your cycle before the cervix starts softening around the time of ovulation.  If there are blockages it can apparently clear them too... so worth a look if you've had unsuccessful IUI.  Cost us around 280 but I guess every hospital will be different. 

Anywhoo .... computer games , cuppa and a piece of chocolate beckon so hope to catch you again later!!  Maybe you can tell me about your experiences so far.  What have you had so far?  What sort of donor are you using?

Nic x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline HotChickies

Welcome to all new people  :)

M2M - Just read your posts that you are based in East Yorkshire.

My partner and I have been having treatment at the London Women's Clinic in Darlington, and have just had a BFP from IVF. They have been really good, so you could try there as it's not too far away from you.

xx

Offline Damelottie

• FF Missus Sparkly Motivator!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    • Single mummy to my precious 6 yr old son
    Hopeful Nic   ^wave^
    Welcome to you and Laura

xxxx

Offline Nic'n'Lau

• Hoping baby chooses us :)
    Howdie LadyLottie :)
    No doubt will get to speak to you online in other areas.  Its all so exciting :D
    xx

Offline denni769

• Un-Ranked
    Hello
    Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone again, we're still trying to find our way around the site and must admit am being a little slow.....so thank you again for messages we have received so far, and looking foward to getting to know people

Laura

Offline lynz26

• Un-Ranked
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post and it feels a little strange. I can see how welcoming everyone is on this forum and would love to share our progress.

My partner (36 / CP 2008) and I (30) have decided to start a family and have been to our GP to get our referral underway. The GP is helping us with the blood tests to speed up the process. We are looking to get IVF treatment at Nurture - Nottingham and have booked to attend an open evening later on this month. We have been advised to use IVF due to the better success rates.

This will be our very first attempt but I have a significant amount of weight that I need to shed before we can begin (as I will be the one TTC). We are also keen to participate in the Egg share Programme.

We are very hopeful for the future and reading some of the amazing stories on this forum reassure us that it can happen!

Thanks for reading my ramble - Lynz26

Offline lmb15

• Gold Member
    Lynz - We had IVF at Nurture in summer last year. We were very lucky and it worked first time. We also did egg share. They're such a lovely clinic and also have amazing success rates (60% with IVF, top 3 in the country). It's quite a small unit so you feel like you're being treated as a person and not just another statistic. I could rave about them all day long, but i won't!
    Once you've been accepted onto egg share (all bloods normal, done genetic questionnaire etc) it takes about 6 weeks to match you to a recipient. Not sure how long the wait is for sperm at the minute, but we got it within 6 weeks too.
    Where about do you live? We're in Leicester, so the drive for scans etc was ok, only took about 35mins. Which is good when you have to be there at 7am!!!
    Best of luck with it all. Any questions about Nurture/egg share/IVF just ask away.

Lisa x

Offline M2M

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • My 2 gorgeous kittens who got me through 2011. :-)
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post and it feels a little strange. I can see how welcoming everyone is on this forum and would love to share our progress.

My partner (36 / CP 2008) and I (30) have decided to start a family and have been to our GP to get our referral underway. The GP is helping us with the blood tests to speed up the process. We are looking to get IVF treatment at Nurture - Nottingham and have booked to attend an open evening later on this month. We have been advised to use IVF due to the better success rates.

This will be our very first attempt but I have a significant amount of weight that I need to shed before we can begin (as I will be the one TTC). We are also keen to participate in the Egg share Programme.

We are very hopeful for the future and reading some of the amazing stories on this forum reassure us that it can happen!

Thanks for reading my ramble - Lynz26

I think you will be booked onto the same NURTURE open evening that we're going to! :) I'm glad to see there'll be some other same-sex couples there as I was worried we'd be the only one (though when we went to the LWC London open evening there wasn't a man in sight! ;D).

So we will see you there... :)

Offline lynz26

• Un-Ranked
    Thank you all for your supportive words!

lmb15 - Glad to hear that your nurture experience was successful on the first attempt. I hope that we are as lucky and wish you all the best for the coming months X

M2M - It's reassuring to know that we will not be the only ones there. Is it on the 19th? we're getting really excited / anxious about the whole process.

Will look forward to meeting you  :)

Lyndsay

Offline M2M

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • My 2 gorgeous kittens who got me through 2011. :-)
    M2M - It's reassuring to know that we will not be the only ones there. Is it on the 19th? we're getting really excited / anxious about the whole process.

Yep, it's on the 19th, which also happens to be my birthday. ??? It may sound crazy to spend the evening of my birthday at a clinic open evening but I can't think of a better way to start my 28th year than with the prospect of a baby on the horizon. :)

I look forward to meeting you both! ^hugme^