* Author Topic: LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!  (Read 186649 times)

0 Members

Offline greensong

• Un-Ranked
Hi,
I've just registered on the site ..hello!! Although I've looked at posts regularly over the past 18 months.
About me - been ttc for just under 2 years. We started home insemination  - the donor was a friend, but after 8 attempts we decided get professional help.
I'm 40 and DP is 48 so it really is trying to get last orders in before the bar closes !!
Last year I had 2 unsuccessful donor IUIs and in Nov 09 1st IVF. BFP in December but at my 8 week scan on Friday we discovered I'd had a mc - disguised by the prog pessaries which prevented bleeding.
In next few weeks I'll either have natural mc or ERPC if not.

It's v upsetting but from looking on message board on the site, I haven't been through anything compared to some women. Pleased I've joined and hope to go for another IVF in the Spring.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Damelottie

• FF Missus Sparkly Motivator!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    • Single mummy to my precious 6 yr old son
    Welcome Greensong  :)

Offline pem

• Gold Member
    • Me and my best babba!
    Hey Greensong - Welcome hun, so so sorry for the loss of your little one, you will get fantastic support on here...

With my 2nd mc i mc naturally about a week after stopping the pessaries, with my first mc I had to have an ERPC. Neither were too bad physically but it is so so tough to lose that precious little life, sending you lots and lots of  ^hugme^ , look after yourself and DP..

We are attempting a natural FET in April with our one little frostie so we may be cycling 2getha..

^hugme^ again..pem x

Offline southern_angel

Welcome Greensong  :)

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a sad time  :'(

A lot of us on this board are  ^pray^ that 2010 will be our year, I hope it will prove to be a successful one for you too...

Angel

Offline Debbie's Wife

Hi everyone  ^wave^

I'm Emma (22) from Bognor Regis in West Sussex. I'm not actively TTC at the moment as DP (23) and I are saving up for our CP later on this year and then hopefully saving up for TTC is the next step.

Some might say its a little early for me to be thinking about this (especially my mum), but I know I need to be thinking well in advance as there's lots to plan (and a fair bit of weight to loose lol).

I'm not yet sure which TTC route we will want to take when the time comes, sometimes I'm swayed towards finding a donor and trying it at home to see if we have any luck then moving on to a clinic if we don't have any success, the main worries we have about this is finding the donor etc. On the other hand I also sway towards going straight to IVF if we can bring the cost down by egg sharing (although I have no idea if I would be a suitable candidate). If anyone has any advice/ why you decided on the route you have taken I'd be really interested.

I'm looking forward to posting more later x

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    Hi Emma  ^clapping^

Small world!!! Hope you and Debs are all ok  :)

Feel free to join us on the general chat thread... you'll find all the girls on here are a fountain off knowledge and i started posting on her over a year before we started TTC to gather info so we knew which path to take...

As you already know from my hours of boring you we have tried 2 IUI's at a clinic and not had much luck and i'm currently trying to shift some weight before thinking about moving forward any further.

You will find a real mixture of girls on here who have either done IUI, IVF, egg sharing, carrying the other partner's eggs and so on along with people who have found their own known donor to those who have tried fertility 1st and using anon sperm. So whatever you guys end up doing someone on here will be able to tell you about their experience.

Big Hugs

Em and Lou  ^hugme^

Offline Debbie's Wife

Big hugs to you too  ^hugme^

Ok I'll jump over to the chat thread now

Offline leoaimee

• Gold Member
    hi all the newbies ....

there are lots and lots of lovely new peeps.  wishing you all BFPs in 2010

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Offline BobnBetty

• Un-Ranked
    Hi, decided (at last) to write something as we have been lurking for months and are following everyones progress.

I am 34, my DP is 41.  We have been attending LWC Swansea and after 3rd IUI I am 6 weeks pregnant!!  Our first scan at LWC is next Friday, we are excited and nervous  ;)

My due date is 09th September, 2010, so hopefully 2010 will be our year.

We have been following the threads and have been happy and sad for you all.  Your conversation and sharing of symptoms have been a lifeline for us.  Thank you all.  ;D

Offline pem

• Gold Member
    • Me and my best babba!
    Hey..

massive congrats Bobnbetty (love that name!) Heres to a happy and healthy pregnancy...