* Author Topic: LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!  (Read 187539 times)

0 Members

Offline luce87

Hi everyone.  I'm new to ff and this felt like a good place to get started.

I'm a single lesbian, which does end up feeling that you don't really fit in anywhere.  The single women seem to be mostly hetero, and the lesbains all seem to be couples!  I decided that I probably feel more lesbian than single, so here I am!

I have had a few IUI cycles at LWC, and got pregnant but miscarried at 10 weeks.  I then I had 2 cycles of IVF there but I didn't think that IVF really seemed like their thing.  So I've just switched clinics to crgh.  They have recommended GIFT and I'm just waiting for AF to then start a cycle.

So getting stressed that a watched AF never comes! and also anxious about starting on that rollercoaster again.

Has anyone else had GIFT?  I haven't found anyone else who has yet and I'd really like to know what it's like and what kind of recovery time you have.

Luce

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jellybean123

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Luce,

Welcome!! There are other single lesbians on this board and everyone is very welcoming.

Can I ask you what GIFT is?

Offline southern_angel

Welcome Luce!

Another single lesbian here :-) 

I'm a single lesbian, which does end up feeling that you don't really fit in anywhere.  The single women seem to be mostly hetero, and the lesbains all seem to be couples!  I decided that I probably feel more lesbian than single, so here I am!

I know what you mean! I post more here than on the singles board although everyone seems lovely there too.

I hope AF arrives soon and that you can get started with your next cycle (I'm not sure what GIFT is so can't help there I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone will be able to).

Angel

Offline Damelottie

• FF Missus Sparkly Motivator!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    • Single mummy to my precious 6 yr old son
    Welcome Luce.

Post on both theads - then we ALL get to know you  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Strawbs78

• Gold Member
    Hi everyone

Im not really new as have been here before but have been on a ttc break since late 2008..  DP and I are going to start trying again in April so just wanted to jump on and say hi really.. We are with LWC Harley St so just gearing up for the rollercoaster really that is TTC!..

x

Offline luce87

Thanks for your welcome!

Angelmine - it's nice to meet another single lesbian.  I was really starting to feel like I was the only one who had ever wanted to be a parent!  I had a bad experience at my previous clinic when, although I had said i was lesbian, it seems that they then assumed I was hetero because I was single and matched me with a donor who had a restriction on his consent saying "no lesbains".  That wasn't part of the information that they gave me so that donor was used on my IVF cycle and I only discovered what had happened when I got a copy of my notes to change clinics!  So it's become a bit of a touchy subject with me.

jellybean - GIFT is where you have stimulation and egg collection like IVF.  But instead of fertilising in the lab they immediately mix the eggs and sperm together and put back into your fallopian tube using laparoscopy.  It's supposed to be better for low AMH when your eggs don't tolerate the manipulation required by IVF so well.  So I've got my fingers crossed although not looking forward to general anaesthetic.

Both of you are doing it a much more natural way than I have been doing - but I don't have a KD.
    Good luck to both of you on your 2ww.  I really hope that you both have good news next week.  Fingers crossed.

Luce x

Offline Me and Her

Hi everyone,

I have posted on other bits of the site but I guess I really should have started here!

My partner and I have been together for 6 years and celebrated our CP last July. We have had tests over the past 6 months to check my fertility as our GP thought that the new NHS policy should alllow f/f couples to get funded treatment. After a lot of waiting around our case (and one other similar couple) was used to test the new policy and they decided not to give us funding. :(
    Anyway, the tests at least showed no problems and now we are waiting to have our first consultation on Thursday.

It feels like ages since we started looking into our options - I'm very impatient! However I guess we've still got lots more waiting to do so I'll have to learn to be patient ;)

Lots of luck to everyone.

E.x

Offline Damelottie

• FF Missus Sparkly Motivator!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    • Single mummy to my precious 6 yr old son
    Welcome  ^wave^ ^wave^

Offline Nadine75

• Un-Ranked
    Hi

I have just started posting on here but have been member for quite a while..ever since my wife and I began fertility treatment about 2 and half years ago. We have had 4 natural cycles, 3 super ovulation and 2 IVF, all negative. Just had 3rd IVF attempt and got a lovely positive result so we are totally thrilled - she is 5 weeks, got loads of symptoms and very high HCG score so am slightly scared that we may have more than one in there!!!
    I think i stopped posting on here as i felt like this woudl never happen for us but now it has and we still cannot believe it is actually happening. I know it is very early days but i think we may have just earned the right for a little celebration.

Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to chatting.

Nadine x x

Offline flatbingo

Hello

I'm new to this site but it seems like a fantastic source of support! so am excited to have found it. Me and to be civil partner are starting with a KD in March. I'm very excited and am trying to understand my cycle as much as possible this month to give us the best chance possible in March. I am using Clearblue ovulation predictors and had the smiley face (so cute) this morning. So when does that mean the best time to inseminate is? Not sure whether we should aim for the same day as the smiley face, perhaps the evening or would the following day be better. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Best of luck to everyone TTC

Michelle

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx