* Author Topic: LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!  (Read 187538 times)

0 Members

Offline Benetton

• Feel free to blow my bubbles anytime...
Hi All

Not exactly new to this forum however I am not a regular either so thought I would drop by and officially introduce myself and what stage I we are at, hoping to get support, offer any support I can and possibly make some new R/L friends who understand what its like.

Me 32, DP 36 (non biological) ^hugme^
North London based Couple, trying for 5 years with known gay donor/Co parent
1st IVF, no children either side.
NHS funding 1 fresh, 1 frozen cycle.
Issues: PCOS, Endometriosis, Fibroids
Treatments so far: Clomid, Laproscopy, Myomectomy,3 month(HELL) of Gonapeptyl
Stage:  15/3/10 Day 3 of FSH injection.

Will have egg collection sometime next week..... " S***ing bricks"  ^pray^

We feel incredibly lucky we didnt have to wait long for NHS to get the ball rolling for IVF I think we were given 8 months to wait  back in June/July.

I really hope it works first time.  ^pray^

Wishing you all the best of luck and those who have already had new babies CONGRATULATIONS!!!!... Those who are pg, fingers crossed for a sticky one.

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Kandle

• Un-Ranked
    Hi All,

We are a lesbian couple looking to start our family. Not sure where we start really, we have an appointment at fertility clinic next week so should be able to find out if we are eligible for treatment on the NHS, we have also been browsing the donor sites which at times feels a bit unsafe. Anyone have experience of using a known donor??

All advise and experiences welcome.

K and L

Offline southern_angel

Welcome to JodyLaLa, Pixie Lolly, BoBina and Kandle :-)

Nice to have some new people on the boards  :)

Have PMed you about KDs Kandle. There is also a thread lower down on using a known donor that you might find interesting.

Good luck with EC next week BoBina, and with your appt on the 23rd Jody :-)

Angel

Offline moosegirl

• Un-Ranked

Hello everybody
    Well I've been lurking around this forum since early 2009...just reading and finding things really helpful and supportive but not getting round to registering...anyhow here I am posting! Yeh!

Things have definitely changed for me since those early days of 2009 when I was having treatments and feeling pretty obsessed about things (y'know how it gets!)...I thought it was never gunna happen for us and we were spending such a fortune that we didn't have! Then one fateful day in October and one home insemination later...our very first...(yes really?!) and here I am 23 weeks pregnant with a little fella!!! So I guess I'm just saying to you all 'don't give up hope....it can happen!'.

Peace

Jo x

Offline moosegirl

• Un-Ranked
    Me again...
    mmmm just asking how come the ticker that I took ages to do (and wanted to be able to do for ages)...hasn't showed up in my post. Any ideas where I'm going wrong trying to add it to my profile?
    Cheers
    Jo x

Offline M2M

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • My 2 gorgeous kittens who got me through 2011. :-)
    Welcome moosegirl and congratulations on your ^BFP^! Wonderful news. :)

Try copying and pasting this code into your signature, but make sure you remove all 4 asterisks from it before saving:

[*IMG*]http://lbdf.lilypie.com/gOWC.png[*/IMG*]

Should work. :) When I paste that code it shows up like this:

:)

Offline moosegirl

• Un-Ranked

Hello M2M
    You're a Star...thanks for replying so quickly (I only went for a bath and back tehe)...have done what you said so hopefully this will work now  :)
    Can I be cheeky and ask how you upload a personal picture too?  :P

Wishing you good luck on your journey x

Offline moosegirl

• Un-Ranked
    YEAH!!

Offline M2M

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • My 2 gorgeous kittens who got me through 2011. :-)
    Glad it worked for you moosegirl! :)

You can upload an avatar on the same page as you change your signature. Click on "I will upload my own picture" and then use the Browse button to choose a pic from your computer, then once it's selected just click "Change Profile" at the bottom and it should upload your pic!

Offline kateandflo

• Leeds
    Good luck pixie,

We thought the same, that it was worth the wait to secure the first cycle via the nhs, as don't think they'll fund one if you've paid for the first yourselves.

Patience seems to be the name of the game!

lv k x