* Author Topic: LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!  (Read 187541 times)

0 Members

Offline midnightaction

• Gold Member
Hi ladies

I am gonna start posting on here again, if that's cool with everyone :)

A lot of names I recognise on here from when I used to post on this thread several years ago, so hello to all you lovely ladies, and also a big hello to all the ladies I don't know.

As you can see from my siggy it has been a long journey for me and after 6 years I am still chasing the elusive BFP.

When I started this journey I was with my CP but unfortunately the pressures of IVF (along with a few other things) caused the relationship to breakdown and I am now going alone in the Czech Republic.

I have been posting on the single ladies thread for quite some time but for a variety if reasons I don't feel comfortable posting there any more, so I wanted to come back to this thread where I feel more comfortable.

Am moving on to donor eggs, because after 6 IVF's I have kinda given up on my eggies ever doing their job  ::)

I am having transfer in 1 month, and I am very excited, it feels like a whole new adventure and I sooooo hoping that DE will give me my longed for baby.

Big hugs to all  ^hugme^

Sarah x x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline welshginge

• Gold Member
    Hi Midnightaction (love the name btw) & welcome back. Fingers crossed that donor eggs will do the trick for you & your journey kicked up a notch!! xx

Offline M2M

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • My 2 gorgeous kittens who got me through 2011. :-)
    Hello midnightaction and welcome back. :)  I really hope things go well for you this time and the donor egg is what you need to get your  ^BFP^ !!! Sounds like you will be having your ET around the same time as me.  :)

Offline lmb15

• Gold Member
                              Lynz26 - Hi, and welcome! We had our treatment at Nurture last summer. They're a fantastic clinic with amazing results. They were really friendly too. Not sure if you're going privately or waiting for NHS funding? We went privately, so can only advise on how things went for us....After the referral letter went off, we were seen at Nurture in about 3 weeks. We talked about our options, and we opted for IVF with anonymous donor sperm, with me doing egg share. Because i was doing egg share i had to have lots of tests done which delayed things. Once my results were all back, we were matched to both a sperm donor and egg recipient in 6 weeks. Then i started the IVF.

We were really lucky and it worked on our first go (2 embryos put back, one took, resulting in our little boy). After the initial consultation, things can move as quickly or slowly as you want (some people start on their next cycle, others want to wait a few months). Once you start the IVF it goes so quickly, and before you know it you're on the 2 week wait! The whole IVF thing was nowhere near as bad as i expected.

Hope you get your appointment through soon. Any questions about IVF/egg share/Nurture feel free to ask  :)

Lisa x

Offline pem

• Gold Member
    • Me and my best babba!
    Hey midnightaction and M2M...sounds like we will all be doing this IVF together...i hope to start downregging in about 2 weeksish....cons permitting.....lol

Offline M2M

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Exciting stuff Pem!  :) I start down-regulating tomorrow, all being well, so we'll be quite close together.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline pem

• Gold Member
    • Me and my best babba!
    good luck for it M2M....are you jabbing or sniffing..my DP has to do the jabs for me..we have a clinic app 2night, hoping he will let me start this cycle, day 10 today so will hopefully start DR about Day 18ish (short cycle)...so we will be a week apart.....will be nice to be following on from someone...

pem x

Offline Benetton

• Feel free to blow my bubbles anytime...
    Good luck too all you starting IVF and welcome back to Sarah

B x

Offline M2M

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Thanks Benett  :) Have you had your scan yet? How did it go?

Pem, I'm pretty sure I'll be injecting - that's what the consultant mentioned when describing what happens during a cycle - but we won't know for sure until tomorrow. DP will be doing my jabs too!  ;D

Offline Benetton

• Feel free to blow my bubbles anytime...
    Hey M2M

Yeah, the scan was done and it was really cool seeing the heart beating, looking forward to 12 weeks, for many reasons, most of all the constant sickness to hopefully go away.... and seeing the baby at a larger size.

B x