* Author Topic: LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!  (Read 186663 times)

0 Members

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
Hi Welshginge (love the name BTW!)

Welcome to FF good luck for your tx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

We are doing our first DIY insem tomorrow im so nervous now!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline curves angel

Welcome welshginge and get ready for the emotional rollercoaster that is TTC!

I've found this site so helpful. Good Luck!

Cx

Offline Pepstar

Hi Everyone

Thought I should introduce us as I am lurking on these boards reading all the very useful information!  I'm 28, my dp is 31 and I will (hopefully!) be the one carrying our child.  We will be self funding DI with anon donor and are most likely going to be doing this at Guys. 

It is all early stages for us - we met our GP on Friday and she was fantastic so now we just have to wait to get all our bloods done and then she will sort out our referral to Guys.

Looking forward to chatting more in the future - good luck everyone  :)

Offline jo36

• Gold Member
    Welcome Pepstar!! Well done on getting over the first hurdle of TTC - the GP appt! You're well on your way now to extending your family... we had DI with IUI and now I am in my 6th week of my second pregnancy. Good luck in your journey and hope to 'see' more of you.

Jo x

Offline welshginge

• Gold Member
    HI Pepstar - I'm a newbie to this site too. Everyone is lovely! The dreaded GP appt has been the worst bit so far - not knowing what they'll say/think etc but glad it went well!! Look forward to chatting in the future!

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    welcome pepstar!! Im Emma and my DP is Louise.. im hoping to carry our first child and have our initial consultation at the Esperance booked for 17th September in the meantime we are trying DI using anon sperm from fertility 1st.. im on my first 2ww and am due to test on 28th July.. i dont think its worked this tiime but i figure not to worry its just a trial run  :)

Offline MandMtb

• Gold Member
    welshgine and pepstar, welcome to FF  :) and good luck on your TTC journeys.

S x

Offline whisks

• we are a lesbian couple having ivf/icsi
    welcome to ff, welshginge & pepstar, good luck with your future treatments.

whisks x 

Offline Pepstar

Thanks for the welcome everyone.  Step number 2 is now out of the way - both sets of parentals have been told (mine were concerned about my name change and hers were ok).  This is now starting to feel a bit real  ;D

Offline southern_angel

Am finally plucking up the courage to post after lurking for a couple of years!

I'm (recently) single (again!) and have decided I'll probably be going it alone now. I'm in my early 30s and conscious of time ticking on (and of my biological clock ticking ever more loudly!). Tentatively planning to start ttc towards the end of the year. I have been looking into various options, currently hoping to use a known donor for diy AI.