* Author Topic: LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!  (Read 186668 times)

0 Members

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
Hi Angelmine

Where about r u from?

I have just done my first DIY AI and my AF is due on Tuesday im 100% its a BFN this time but its helped me and DP to realise that we are actually go back to plan A and use a clinic and try stimulated IUI... just a personal pref we feel as i didnt like doing the AI ourselves..

Goodluck with TTC

Em  & Louise x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline southern_angel

Hi Em,

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling positive about this cycle, but glad to hear that it's been helpful for you in terms of making decisions about how to move forward...

I'm not too far from you actually - in a little village on the coast halfway between Portsmouth and Southampton.

A

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    really near me wow thats cool cause everyone else is miles from us  :)

So is your known donor a friend or someone you have found online?

Em x

Offline southern_angel

Hi Em,

I haven't made final decisions yet...

I have met a potential donor online who I really like but have yet to meet irl. A friend offered a few years ago but I'm not sure if that still stands, or if it would work (I don't want a donor to co-parent, just to be known, and because my friend is in my life more than a donor would be, I'm not sure if that would be (too) complicated). Still all a bit up in the air... ;-)

Will you have to wait long for donor sperm at the clinic?

A

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    Hiya,

The wait for sperm depends on which clinic i end up using... the Wessex in southampton had a 2 yr wait  :o so we looked at the Esperance in Eastbourne who i have an appointment with in September and they have no wait at all i have been told by them and other girls who used them.. also some of the london clinics dont have a wait but they are more costly and further to travel!

We looked online for a donor and heard from loads of blokes but it just didnt feel right to us and we have tried fertility 1st but to be honest it felt a bit seedy and sleezy  :-\

Offline southern_angel

Hi!

Yes, I'd heard that there was a long wait at the Wessex (which is where I was told I'd be referred a few years ago when I discussed things with my old GP). Great that Esperance doesn't have such a shortage  :)

I have looked / am looking at clinics as well, but for now trying to find a know donor feels right...

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    well good luck and i hope u find him hun

I've just walked to the postbox and sent off our forms for the Esperance i meant to send them off months ago but put it off as we wanted to try DIY first.

Offline welshginge

• Gold Member
    Thanks.  ;D

Offline welshginge

• Gold Member
    I meant to put that on the book suggestions thread. ^eyes^

Offline Mini Us

Hi everyone,

We are newbies to FF and have been reading all your posts for a little while now. They have been so encouraging and we thought it was time to join the big family. We are both 30 this year but DP is a few weeks shy and are now ready to extend our family. Have started the preliminary investigations (blood tests etc). We are hoping to both conceive and carry together at the same time by AI/DI. At the moment, DP is waiting for 2 blood test results (CMV and Toxoplasma), I've got all mine but of course don't know what they mean...will take them to the clinic when DP's arrive. DP has had 3D-HyCoSy scan and all is well; tubes open etc. I'll be having mine next month, waiting for my next cycle to start to book the appt. Hoping to both try in Oct. 09 if all goes according to plan.

Mini Us x