Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!

198K views 793 replies 265 participants last post by  leeloupix 
#1 ·
I hope this is useful for any new people to the thread  :) :)

#3 ·
Newbie thread good thinking Ladylottie!!  :)

#4 ·
I suppose I should post here!!!

I don't really feel like a newbie as I have been lurking for a number of months but have only just decided to start posting.

My wife and I (well I am) are currently having treatment through LWC (stimulated IUI with Anon donor).  Due to the problems earlier in the month I didn't think that we would be able to start treatment this month but they opened the sperm bank up just in time for me to have my 2-3 day scan a little late at day 5 (but don't think this has caused a prob).  I have just got back from LWC today and we are set for IUI at 3pm tomorrow!!! I am starting to get excited especially as the sperm bank phoned me on the way home with the characteristics of the sperm. 

Hi to you all,

B x

#5 ·
Hi BaT

Welcome to FF!!

Goodluck with this cycle!

Em x

#6 ·
Hi BaT, welcome to FF, and good luck for your IUI tomorrow!

There are a few of us on the 2ww, so you will be in good company.

S x

#7 ·
^hello^

Thanks for the welcomes.

#8 ·
Hi BaT,

Welcome to FF, you've def joined the best forum! There's a great bunch of gals on here!

All the best with your IUI tomorrow, exciting times ahead for you and DW.

I had my first IUI yesterday, well not first, just the first since the birth of DD in 2004. So a long time has lapsed since my last tx! Have had AF pains all day but I remember this being normal from last time, so please don't panic if this is one of your very early symptoms. All normal!

^fairydust^ for you and DW.

Jo x

#10 ·
Hi Bat,

Welcome to ff.

Good luck with your iui tommarrow  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Stephx

#11 ·
Welcome BaT, hope you don't find the 2ww does your head in!  ^idiot^

#12 ·
Hi Nismat

I hope so too!!!!  The only thing doing my head in at the mo is not being able to do anything too physical!!! I am a very outdoorsy, physical person who can't sit on my backside for any longer than 10mins so this is very hard for me.  Additionally DW is at work today so I am a little bored at home at the mo. 

B x

#13 ·
Hi,
We're currently on our first cycle of IVF with anonymous sperm. I'm doing egg share and have been down regulating for 5 weeks so that my recipient can catch up. Not good  :(
Got a phone call today though to say that i can start stimulating this Thursday with my first scan next monday. Yippee!! So excited it's all getting going.
Good luck to everyone,
Lisa  ::)

#14 ·
HI Lisa

Think i spoke to you on the nuture forum... good luck with this cycle hope you get a BFP.

EM x

#15 ·
Hi Em,
Yeah, i'm from the Nurture forum! How are you getting on? Decided on your course of action?!
Lisa x

#16 ·
still undecided at the moment... we have a holiday in September to have first then we will either start with IUI or try DIY with fertility 1st..

#17 ·
Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to FF and hope it's ok to post my news!
Everything has gone well so far, except for the poor quality of the donor sperm ( a lovely surprise! ) which means we have ended up converting to ICSI.
Currently 3 embies on board from ET on 27/6. I am worrying about everything!
DP and I live in west yorkshire and she has also tried this cycle AI using fresh donor sperm.
Good luck to all!  ^pray^ Xxx

#18 ·
Hi everyone

i'm a newbie! just started out on fertility friends, and been reading loads of messages, its amazing to hear everyone's stories and know that i'm not the only one going through this whole process (i knew i wasnt, but it felt like it!)

My partner and i have been ttc since may 09 with anon donor (DIY) had a bit of hope for a BFP this month as was 3 days late for af (and its NEVER late), but then i started and was sooooo sad, but gotta think that its early days.....

hope to hear and share stories with u all

Rachel x

:-*

#19 ·
Hi Rachel

think i've spoken to you on the babycentre!! welcome to FF!

Em x

#20 ·
Hi Em, u certainly have! Hope all is well with u

i saw that u'd recommended this site to someone and thought i'd have a nosey!!!!

R xx

#21 ·
ha ha yeah i recommend FF to everyone i swear i should be in marketing for this site! How are you finding it on here i love it lol

#22 ·
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie on FF, hope this is the right place to post. My partner and I are on our first cycle of IUI. We started out a year ago and were told we had to get the patency of my tubes checked, the first investigation showed up inconclusive but after a lap and dye op we were given a clean bill of health  :) .
So here we are, it's day one after IUI. This is gonna be a long two weeks with lots of  ^pray^ for a BFP!
I've been looking at the message boards and it's great to see all the positive messages of support. It's great to know there's others out there that can understand what you're going through.

Good luck to you all!

#23 ·
Hi Mabybabby, Rachel & Angel

Welcome to FF, good luck on you journey, and you'll find everyone here so helpful and friendly!

Look forward to eharing more of your stories and updates

xxx

#24 ·
Welcome to all the newbies on this thread. Hope you enjoy the site, keep posting, we all want to know where you are in tx and how things are progressing.

Jo x

#25 ·
Hi misspie and jo and thanks for the welcome!
I wish you all the best of luck and hope to see loads of BFPs soon!
I am 5 days post 2dET. my test date is 9/7/9-- if I hold out that long!
2WW is so hard! Feel relatively normal but don't know if little niggles are good, bad-- or maybe I'm just imagining them!
Enjoy the sunshine and love and luck to all.
Xxx

#26 ·
Ooh you're one day ahead of me, my test day is the 10th! Was feeling quite confident at the beginning of the week as I was getting 'odd' sensations but now I'm feeling normal and thinking it hasn't worked. Hope I'm wrong. Good luck for the remainder of your 2 ww and really hope its good news for you!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.