* Author Topic: LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!  (Read 186666 times)

0 Members

Offline HotChickies

Yes...we're the ones from BC. Will have a look on the general chat sites. Hoping to find someone else who's gone to LWC Darlington, although so far we've only had +ve experience there....and hope it continues  :)

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    i def know theres a few girlies who have used them but cant remember who im sure they'll pop along soon  :)

Offline tor.t

• Un-Ranked
    Hey all, back on here again after my last failed attempt in March. Everything has gone so well this time had ET last Thursday, does anyone know if I can test earlier than 14 days? Mine and my partners 3rd attempt now with ICSI. Wishing you all the best xxx

Offline lmb15

• Gold Member
    tor.t - i tested 10 days after a day 2 transfer and got a bfp. My test date was 16 days after transfer but i couldn't wait that long!! I tested about 8 days after transfer to make sure the hcg trigger shot was out of my system (got a bfn, so it was), that way i knew that if i tested early and it was a bfp then it really was one!
    Best of luck,
    Lisa x

Offline winny and bp

• Un-Ranked
    HELLOOOO!  Newbies to the site here!  :)  We're just starting out on the exciting route of trying to be parents...we've been referred to the local hospital (James Cook Uni Hospital in Middlesbrough), we're trying the NHS route after hearing about several local couple being successful, so fingers crossed!
    We did think about the Darlington LWC and that remains our back-up plan.  Looking forward to chatting/meeting up with others in similar situations  ;)
    Lisa and Rachel

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    Hi Lisa and Rachel,

Welcome to FF!!

Theres a few girls on here who have managed to get NHS funding from there PCT's which is fab... mine couldnt/ wouldnt help us so we are going private to the Esperance in Eastbourne for Donor IUI... my cycle starts on sunday and im taking clomid from days 2 -6 then having a scan on day 9.. then who knows what next lol depends how my follies look...

come and just onto the general chat thread theres lots of us girlies on there having treatment, bumps and planning still.

Em x

Offline HotChickies

Hi Lisa and Rachel

We are new to this site too. We are going through the LWC Darlington, and are having our first IUI tomorrow.

We have thought about going through NHS, but my g/f is in her mid 30's and were worried that the longer we have to wait, the less chance she'll have of conceiving.

Since our first appointment at the clinic, it has taken about 6 weeks to get to the point of having out first treatment. We were notified of a possible donor match on the same day of our initial consultation.

I can't believe that the process has gone by so quickly...the only down side is that we've now got to pay the bill!!

Hope all goes well for you both

xx

Offline winny and bp

• Un-Ranked
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys  :)

Maybe they won't help us at James Cook but we reckoned it was worth a shot since others have been successful!

Em, we're still getting to grips with the terminology so we may as a few questions here and there - LOL! Sounds like things are really moving for you though which is so exciting!

6 weeks, HotC?? OMG! That is fab! It's the waiting that will kill us I'm sure but it'll be worth it however it happens  :)

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    Winny- the slang takes a bit of getting used to but its easy to pick up.. We didnt even take 6 weeks to get started our intitial consultation was 17th sept and our cycle starts hopefully 27th sept if AF (Period) plays ball!

Em x

Offline Steph29

• Our Little Shay
    Hi lisa & Rachel  ^wave^

Welcome to ff im sure you will find everything you need on here.

emma/stephx