* Author Topic: LGBT Newbies Welcome Thread - post here to get started!  (Read 186671 times)

0 Members

Offline terriandkaty

• Un-Ranked
Hey everyone,

My partner and I have decided to try for our own little sprogs!  ;D I (terri = poster) will be carrying as katy my partner has no desire to carry. We have decided to ttc in January, we have started to chart my cycles and I have started to take supplements. We haven't found a donor just yet but hoping we will in the next month or so. We are thinking of trying AI at home first of all and then if that fails after 6 months or so we will go into clinics. Im finding myself getting more broody (if thats even possible?!) as each day passes! wish we could start now! lol

I am 23 and so is my partner we have known each other since we were 16 and we have our 6 year anniversary in March next year! we are just hoping for a little miracle of our own  ^pray^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline HotChickies

Welcome to FF. Been with my partner about 3 1/2 years. Had our first IUI yesterday, so on our 2 week wait before testing.

Hope you manage to find a donor, and you are successful. Good luck  ^reiki^

xx

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    Hi Terri and Katy,

Welcome to FF!!

Me and my partner have been together about 4 years and had our civil partnership last November.... we are due to start our first cycle of IUI on sunday hopefully if my AF (period) shows up!

Em x

Offline terriandkaty

• Un-Ranked
    Thankyou for the warm welcome!

Hotchicks: Thankyou, goodluck for this month!  ^fairydust^ how did you find the IUI? has I have heard its quite painful?

lesbo_mum: Thankyou, I hope you have the IUI on sunday! and that you are successful! goodluck!  ^fairydust^

I really wish we could start now lol

Offline kelz2009

• Lucas, Ember and Mollie- 35months
    Hi Terriandkaty,

I have been with my partner for 7yrs, We had iui at Lwc swansea and are very lucky to have got pregnant on our 2nd iui. Im 16 weeks pregnant with triplets.
    Iui is a little uncomfortable but cant say it really hurts!!!! But its worth everything when you get bfp.

All the best with your treatment kelz xxxxx

Offline HotChickies

My girlfriend tells me that the procedure didn't hurt. She felt a bit uncomfortable for the rest of the day, but after this she has been fine.

We've now just got to wait 2weeks for the outcome...

xx

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    Hi

I dont have my IUI on sunday i just start my drugs etc... wont have IUI for a few weeks yet..

Im really scared about the procedure  ^eyes^

Em x

Offline Magic3s

• All good things come in threes! :)
    Hi everyone,

Have been reading the forum for years but never got the courage to register  :-[ .As you can see in my signature we aren't exactly new to all this but quite a long time passed since our last try and just decided to try it again. The first two cycles we had at LWC. First I egg shared-well was going to egg share but the clinic had to cancel the cycle due to hyper-stimulation. I had over 40 follicles :o and was in agonising pain.:'( I didn't want to go through the hells of IVF again- being a needle phobic- so opted for IUI. Which unfortunately ended with BFN about 1,5 year ago.
    This time around we have decided to go abroad as have a very tight budget. :) Tiny twist is that it seems i might have endometriosis but can not be sure about it until they do laparoscopic surgery. I have been in a lot of pain in the last 8-10 month and when finally gone to see GP in august they found a cyst on my right ovary. Everyone thought that that caused the pain until my last ultrasound revealed that it has disappeared but i am still in pain. :( Kind of good and bad news at the same time. Well anyway I am looking forward to surgery because we can't start treatment until the cause of pain is discovered and hopefully solved! :)
    The waiting list is very long on the NHS even to get to see a gynaecologist who could refer me for surgery so will have the lap abroad at the clinic where we are planning to have DIUI hopefully early next year.
    Anyway just wanted to say hello! :-*

Bimbo

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    Hi Bimbo,

Welcome to FF!! Good luck for your tx!

We're have DIUI at the moment and our 2ww started yesterday!

Em x

Offline Magic3s

• All good things come in threes! :)
    Hi Em,

It is so exciting, wish you good luck!  ^reiki^ Have you had a medicated cycle, how many follicles have you got? I remember I hardy move during my 2ww, poor partner had to do everything for me  ;D
    I keep my fingers crossed for you! ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xx Bimbo