* Author Topic: Pregnancy and Parenting after Infertility - East Europe/North Asia Clinics  (Read 21333 times)

0 Members

Offline Pinkytails

Since getting my BFP I have wanted somewhere where I can share my hopes, fears, worrys, joys etc about our bubba with those fellow cyclers I have got to know on the Isida threads.

The 'cycling for Isida thread' should be for just that, a place where those cycling, considering Isida or between cycles can post for support and information, not full of me gushing about my huge (.)(.), constipation and burping!!!!

So having asked if anyone else would like this thread and getting plenty of positive responses, I am starting it.

Put it here in the Ukraine list so its easy to find, plus those considering Isida can have a little read, BUT if it upsets anyone having it here I will ask the mods to move it to the Bun-in-oven thread.

So come on girls let me know I'm I the only on burping a lot????

Pinky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
    Re: 'Isida Bumps and Babes'
    « Reply #1 on: 6/08/09, 17:50 »
    Hi Pinkytails  ^wave^

I think it's great you are starting a new thread!!

It will be great to share our joys fears worries with all of our fellow ISIDA  ^BFP^

I been burping a lot and I am still very nausea and almost every day!!  I  still throw up 2 or 3 times a week!! I thought that my second trimester would be getting better!!! I am still praying and hoping so!!!

That great news about podbean!!! :):)

Hi to everyone else!!!

Best Wishes,  Rebecca ^wave^ ^Exercise!2^

Offline mini-me

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 12/08/09, 10:52 »
    Hi girls,

Hope all our pg ladies are doing well.  I didn't really have any pg symptoms when pg with DS, apart from 4 episodes of cramping and bleeding which is worse I suppose.  (Well I did find it difficult to walk due to pulling pains from early on and I had gestational diabetes so I did have my fair share!  :)  )
    Hope you're not too uncomfortable Rebecca and Pinky.

I'd love to be pg again though, so I could enjoy it this time!  Not likely as we're not having anymore tx, it'll have to be a natural miracle.  ;D

DS is at an absolutely fab age, he's developed a real character.  He's started swimming lessons and after being a little timid at first, he's now swimming a very short distance underwater and splashing about!  DS is also starting to move about now!!! He rolls and is starting to move himself across the floor - the beginning of crawling!  Need eyes on the back of my head now!  ;D

Feel free to ask any advice about pg, birth and babies - I can remember pg, birth and DS as a young baby like it was yesterday. Funny as I can't remember tx so well - probably as there was so many they all blend into one.

Podbean - hope you're doing well and I can't wait to hear your news.

There is a section also in 'Treatment outside the UK', Abroadies Bumps and Babes' where this thread could also go if it upsets anyone.

Take care and will 'speak' soon.

Love mini-me
    xxx

Offline Pinkytails

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 13/08/09, 18:36 »
    Rebecca - I could win the world burping compition!!!!  Spend my whole day doing it!!!!!  No sickness for me, sorry!!! Can wake in the morning feeling like I have had a night drinking (promise I'm not, mind you since BFP all I really want is a ice cold beer!!!)

You must be showing a little now, my waistline is tighter and when lying down feel heavier in the lower tummy area.

Have started to wake in the night to pee and also need a drink through the night.

Now have 3 bibs and a blanket!!! Have lots of offers re baby clothes but have asked people to hold on to them for a little bit longer. Really pleased to be past 12 weeks, but finding reducing the meds very nerve racking!!!!!

We hired a fetal heart doppler and had great fun on Saturday picking up juniors heartbeat, Sunday and Monday were stressful couldn't detect it. Tuesday morning total joy and relief when for 5 brief seconds junior cooperated and I picked it up!!!!  I knew it could be difficult at first whilst bubs still low in pelvis but seemed a cheaper option to another scan. So its in the cupboard for a few weeks until junior is bigger!!!!!

Mini - I love babies at your little boys age, they are learning so much, eating, sitting, moving around, plus their sight is so much better so the world is so big and amazing to them.

Pinky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 14/08/09, 11:47 »
    Hi Pinkytails and mini-me :):)

Pinkytails I do burp but not so much at this time. I feel when I do though it helps me to feel better.

Yes I am showing a bit now. I really like it to :):) My uterus is really stretching and moving upwards now :):) I have gained some weight but I want to be careful and not gain to much either. I am so short to begin with.  I have started to wear maternity jeans I feel I can't stand anything tight around my waist now.

I know the feeling I wake up every 2 or 3 hours in the evening to pee. I feel I will just bust if I don't

Oh I would love to have a fetal doppler but I would be worried sick if I could not hear my baby's heart. I know how you must have felt when you could not. Our little ones are so little right now and they don't weigh so much so it's sometimes hard to always find the right spot and hear it. My DH is a Doctor and  we went to his office last night to hear our wee one. I always get so nervous tough when he starts to do it. I read that around 18 or 20 weeks we can start to feel our baby!! I look so forward to that time. Like my DH told me last night then you won't need a fetal doppler.

I know it's so hard to resit not to buy baby items. I went to the States this summer on holiday and I so wanted to buy things for my baby but I did not want to tempt fate either. But then I thought on it and I thought why not I have to think positive. So I ended up buying a lot of things.

I  bought some bibs and some nice soft blankets to.  I bought some of those really cute one piece outfits and some of the cutest baby gowns. I even bought it it's first babydoll.

mini-me wow you had cramping and bledding I would have been a wreck.  I been so sick really sick and still am with really bad nausea and vomiting at times to.  Did you have any bad headaches sometimes I have those to. I see that every pregnancy is so different for every woman.  When did you get your gestational diabetes??

Well time for a nap for me but you girls have a nice day!!

Lots of love,  Rebecca :):)

Offline mini-me

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 15/08/09, 19:54 »
    Hi,

Pinky - yes, DS is learning so much at the moment.  He's 7 months old today and there has been a massive difference between now and only a month ago. 
    I'll have a cold beer for you if you want!!  ;D  Hope you feel better in the morning soon.
    I was too scared to buy a fetal heart doppler as I knew I'd be rubbish at trying to find the hearbeat. Enjoy getting your bump, now mine's gone I really miss it.  :)

Rebecca - I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes really early at my 12 week ante natal appointment.  I'm fairly sure it was the steroids I was taking for slightly raised NK cells (until 12 weeks) as were the diabetic nurses / doctors.  If I were to get pg again, I doubt  I'd take them -they were prescribed by an independent doctor in London, not Isida.
    I didn't feel DS move regularly until 20 weeks +.  I first felt him move just after 16 weeks but didn't realise what it was.  You feel them infrequently at first and not everyday.  My sister didn't feel both her babies move until 24 weeks.
    I don't remember any headaches.

Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Love mini-me
    xxx

Offline roze

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 17/08/09, 13:22 »
    Hi all,

Glad to hear that things are going well for everyone, and that you ladies with pregnancy sickness are a lot more stoic than I was!  I was a real wimp!
    Hopefully it will settle down for you very soon as it did with me, it took me until about 17 weeks when I could say that now and then I actually felt ok. Mine started about a week after conception.

A cold beer sounds really nice. DH and his mum who was staying had a few at the weekend and I have to say that I was really jealous. If anyone can recommend any non alcoholic beers that taste ok please let me know.

I know what you mean Rebecca about buying baby clothes, but sometimes when you see something nice you just have to have it. Enjoy!

All the best to everyone, has anyone heard from Podbean?  I expect she is much too busy to post!

roze  x

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 18/08/09, 05:11 »
    Hi Ladies :)

How is everyone doing?

roze I know I am still having nausea and vomiting I really hope and pray that mine gets better someday soon. I know mine started like 7 days after my transfer and has continued. It has gotten some better but I look forward to the day I will be feeling ok. Other than that I feel really good. :):)

mini me oh your little one 7 months that is such a sweet age.
    Wow you were diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 12 weeks. How did you know you had it?? Did your Dr. do a blood test??  I was told later on that I would have a 2 hour test to see about me.
    I know I have heard it can be hard at first to feel our little one's moving!!  I  really look forward to that day that I can feel mine.

Yes I wonder how podbean is doing?? I always think about her she was such an inspiration when I started this journey always so loving and giving me such good information. I miss her. I hope that she is doing well and that her 3 little ones are well also!! 

Have a great day!!!

Best wishes lots of love,  Rebecca

Offline Pinkytails

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 26/08/09, 16:47 »
    Hi Ladies,

Had a scan yesterday bubs is measuring 13wks 6days so been given EDD of 24/02/2010 the day after my sisters birthday. This makes me a few days less than original due date but thats fine. Bubs was so big this time compared with 9wk scan and so well formed, DH was amazed!!!!!!

Kept saying wow it has a hand and a spine its a real baby, at one point I did say what did you expect a kitten!!!!!  ;D ;D

I finished the last of the medication on Monday so baby is now solo, no hormone support!!!!! Very odd to have no routine before bedtime, no gel, vit E to take etc.

When I wake for my nocturnal trip to the loo for a brief moment the last few days I think I have felt a little flutter low down in my abdomen, asked the midwife yesterday and she did say with 2nd plus pregnancy you can feel them earlier because this time you know what it is!!!

We have now put a deposit on a cotbed and dresser from Mamas and Papas, DH nearly fell over when he saw the price!!!!  ^roflmao^  I did tell him this is just the start of it for the next 20yrs your monies not your own.

I think I may be in the minority here but I have taken my daughter up on the offer of her travel system and car seat, I guess not many Aunts/Uncles get hand-me-ups from their niece!!  ;D

Use the Doppler every few days now and can locate junior within a few seconds  ;D

Yesterday was interesting at my booking in appointment at the hospital with my consultant lead team. I was expecting the doom and gloom speech, however, firstly I got a lovely young African doctor 'Jamal' who clearly had not read my notes and didn't realise I was there for counselling prior to my nuchal scan. I seemed to know more about than he did!!!!!

Eventually I got to the the consultant after my scan, I had requested him when my midwife referred me, so glad I did. We consulted him last year about a possible reversal of my sterilisation and it was he who suggested among other things DE.

He looks after all the 'older' mums, is quite used to donor babies and made no fuss what so ever about my age, weight etc. Just said as of now everything is fine, we will see you after your 20 week scan, then again for scans at 28 and 34 weeks to check growth. Apart from that I have the 2hr glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes because my father has diabetes, so I am at greater risk of developing it. BOO!!!!

Basically this pregnancy is being monitored but is being treated as normal until unless it becomes abnormal.  A glance round the waiting room whilst there was interesting, quite a few 'older mums'!!

Hope everyone and their bumbs and babes are well, I have text ed Podbean a couple of times but no reply, I'm assuming she has her arms full of babies!!!!!!

Love Pinky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 27/08/09, 11:09 »
    Hi Ladies  :)

I went for a new scan yesterday and everything was really great. We found out we are having a little girl and we are just so happy.  We had really wanted a little girl. :):):)
    My DH is so happy and he is being so sweet and nice and doing everything for me and our daughter that is on the way. She was so active on ultrasound moving, sucking her thumb and it was so sweet to see on the scan. Our EDD is 28 January 2010.
    Our Dr. took a 3 D photo and gave to us also and it was just amazing to see her up and  close she is so sweet and cute and truly a miracle to us after all we have gone through!!!  Dreams do come true!!   ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^

I felt her flutter in my tummy  for the first time today and it was such a joyful experience to feel. I look forward to more :)

My nausea and vomiting is getting better but I still get wiped out so easily and have to rest when I do.

I hope everyone is doing fine!!!
    Lots of Best Wishes,  Rebecca