* Author Topic: Pregnancy and Parenting after Infertility - East Europe/North Asia Clinics  (Read 21328 times)

0 Members

Offline kathrynj

modify
Re: 'Isida Bumps and Babes'
« Reply #10 on: 27/08/09, 13:20 »
Rebecca - what wonderful news!!!  :)  It made me really tearful reading your post, I can't wait to get to that stage. Glad you're feeling better as well.
Hi to everyone,
Kxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 27/08/09, 13:52 »
    Thanks Kathrynj :)
    How far along are you???
    I can understand how you feel about not being able to sleep. I am really having a hard time sleeping to.
    I have so many dreams to and I just toss and turn all night long.
    I have worried about my little one not sleeping but I read they sleep just like a newborn  18 hours a day and stay awake 6 hours. 
    I really hope that you can get some rest soon.
    Have a nice day!!
    Best Wishes,  Rebecca xx  :):)

Offline mini-me

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 27/08/09, 20:29 »
    Hi all,

Rebecca - a little girl, how lovely.  :)    ^storkgirl^
    My GD was diagnosed at a routine ante natal appointment - where I live, you have to 'pee on a stick'  ;D at every appointment.  It was to check for raised sugar or protein levels.  At 12 1/2 weeks, I showed raised sugar levels in my urine, so had a blood test that day which confirmed it.  I didn't have to do any other tests.

Pinky - sounds like you're being well looked after.  I had a consultant looking after me too - he was the one who did my scans prior to the IVF.  It's good when you have a doctor who doesn't bat an eyelid at age, DE etc.

Kathryn - hi, hope all is well.  ^wave^

Podbean - can't wait for to hear from you!  :)

Sorry for a short post, I never seem to have time at the moment - will have even less when I go back to work next week!  At least it's part time though.  :)

Have a good bank holiday weekend.
    Love mini-me
    xxx

Offline Pinkytails

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 9/09/09, 14:41 »
    Mini - How are coping with the return to work??? Me and DH are going to view a few nurseries at the end of the month, any tips on things to look for and questions to ask.

Rebecca - As I said on other thread so pleased for you re news of little girl.

I have spent the last few days trying to find some maternity wear I like and that fits!!!!  Being older a lot of it is out of the question, all bump hugging and low cut, not a good look for me. I did buy some trousers of Next, very reasonable price, good fit around my bottom and legs with a lovely stretchy front. Even rolled down its not too much material around my middle.  Disappointed with their tops, lovely fit for now but not an awful lot of stretch. I just want a few bits for the weekend that will last.

Have quite a few baby bits now, my daughter gave me loads of stuff, I have to share this with my eldest daughter, she is also pregnant, due approx 3 wks before me with her 3rd child.

Is anyone else finding that they get really hot, almost like hot flushes????

Speak soon, Pinky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline roze

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 9/09/09, 19:12 »
    Hi, just to say that yes to the hot flushes. It can be very bad- someone said something the other day . I think its just a normal symptom of pregnancy.

best wishes

roze

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 10/09/09, 08:21 »
    Hi :)
    I just wanted to say that I get these hot flushes to. My feet and hands sometimes stay so hot. I was starting to get worried but I asked my Doctor and he said it was a normal sign with pregnancy. It's because we have more blood flow. I have had to stand in the shower with cold water just running over my feet I know it's sounds wild but it did help me :)

Thanks Pinkytails for your best wishes :)
    I know it's not sometimes so easy to find the right maternity wear. But if you look you can find some really nice things. I had bought some maternity jeans in the states with the half panel that's very much in and I also bought some with the whole panel. What I found I liked the best was the ones with the whole panel. the half panel I felt was to snug around my tummy. Right now for me I feel comfort is top on my list.
    That is really neat that you and your daughter are pregnant at the same time and you both will deliver very near to one another :):)
    Me and DH has also been looking at nursery items to it's so exciting!!!  What was top on my list was a nice glider rocking chair with a stool which we have bought :):)

Life is good :):)

Hello to everyone :):)

Hugs,  Rebecca :):)

Offline Pinkytails

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 10/09/09, 21:56 »
    Thanks ladies for your replies re flushes. My DH cant get over the fact that I'm now the warm blooded one!!!!! Usually him warming me up!!!

I would like a rocking glider chair too, sure I'll get one  ;) ;)

Comfort all the way from now on. Had to give in and wear my maternity trousers to work today, my work ones would not zip up!!!!  Tunic also worn open with tshirt underneath no way would it zip up over my tummy. Ordered maternity ones 5wks ago, still not here, good old NHS huh  ^bigbad^

Boots here in Norwich have a big pram and buggy sale at the moment so of to have a look tomorrow.

Pinky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 18/09/09, 09:58 »
    Hi Ladies how are you all doing???   ^hello^ ^wave^

Pinkytails are you still having your hot flushes??? I feel mine has gotten a bit better :):)
    I agree comfort is the way to go when your belly starts to really grown.

Roze thanks so much yes I am so excited to have a little girl :):) I been out yesterday and today buying her some of the sweetest little outfits. It's so much easier now that I know that I am having a girl so I know what colors to buy :)  That's cool your daughter gave you some baby clothes :):)

Mini-Me thanks so much for your best wishes :):)

Well for me I still have MS almost once or twice a week and feel horrible when it comes on. I am really trying to be so careful what I eat. I have found small meals really helps me a lot and to eat often in the day.
    I feel my baby girl moving so much now she is so active. Last night she was moving around so much that I had to get up and eat an apple at 4 am. I read that when your blood sugar gets a bit low then they can really start to be active. I am just so happy to feel her movements it such a great joy to me.
    I go next week for my 22 week checkup with my midwife and I am so excited :):)

Everyone have a great week :):)

Lots of best wishes,  Rebecca :):)    ^fairydust^

Offline mini-me

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 18/09/09, 14:38 »
    Hi girls,

Rebecca - it's so lovely when you start feeling them move.  :)  DS used to move around a lot early morning too.  I actually really miss it now!! 

Pinky - totally with you on the comfort thing, comfort was much more important than fashion to me whilst pregnant!   ;D  In fact, fashion has gone out of the window for ever I think.  Getting myself ready has to be done at lightning speed, DS is definitely better dressed!! ;D

I'm back at work now - part time as a teacher.  I seem to be on the go all the time and on my days off all I seem to do is catch up with laundry etc.  DH seems to think I just have a rest!  ^bigbad^  DS has settled in really well at nursery which is really good.

Love mini-me
    xxx

Offline JoJoBB

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 6/10/09, 15:07 »
    Hi Ladies, I have decided to move over here now I am out of the 1st trimester so I can chat to you guys on the run up to our D Days. I really feel so relieved to be out the other side. I know there can still be issues but emotionally I just feel a bit more relaxed.

The pregnancy is going OK I think. MS mostly gone. Still tired and have LOADS of spots! Not had this many even as a teenager so thats not ideal. Maybe when I have come off the drugs completely it will ease. I'm 36 not 16!!

Belly is getting big so most of my jeans dont fit anymore. Has anyone got any recomms of good maternity wear shops? I hear what you are saying about comfort first but need to address tghe whole walking around with my zip undone look!!

Like the rocking glider chair idea - have also had a squizz and my friend told me they were essential. My DP's Nan gave us some money for baby stuff at the weekend so may just treat myself to one.

Rebecca - How is your baby girl doing? Pinky - are you planning on finding out the sex? Hi Mini Me, Roze and Kathryn - would be good to hear from you all on your pregnancies.

Lots of love,

JoJO