* Author Topic: Pregnancy and Parenting after Infertility - East Europe/North Asia Clinics  (Read 21325 times)

0 Members

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
Re: 'Isida Bumps and Babes'
« Reply #20 on: 6/10/09, 21:42 »
Hi Ladies :)
JoJoBB So nice to see you on this side now to :)  I know you must be so happy that your in your second trimester I know I was :)  That is great your MS is mostly gone your lucky I am still having mine :(  How much weight have you gained??  Yes the glider rocker I feel is a must :) What is a squizz???
Regarding maternity clothes I tired the slacks in the half panel and they were so uncomfortable for me.  I am now wearing the whole panel which I find so much more comfortable. 

Hi also pinkytails, roze and kathryn and mini me :)

Well for me like I said I am still having MS but everything else is really good for me. I am now 24 weeks and 1 day YIPPEE!!
My little girl is moving a lot and that really makes me smile. My tummy is getting bigger and bigger :) In 2 weeks I go back to my OB and I will be so happy to see my little girl on ultrasound. The last time we went to him he did a  4 D photo plus ultrasound  and we could see her so well it was just amazing at just 18 weeks and to see her little face. She was just lying there with her little arm above her head it was so sweet.

Lots Of Best Wishes,  Rebecca :):)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 7/10/09, 09:33 »
    Hi JoJoBB,
    I just wanted to say maybe you can hire a Doppler I have heard that is cheaper.
    But you are 14 weeks now so you will start to feel your babies soon.
    Everyone one is different from all I have read.  I felt my little girl at 18 weeks her first real kick.
    They say for first time Mom's is different but you are carrying 2 so you will feel them soon I bet.
    I know I use to get my husband to bring his Doppler home from his office just to hear her little heartbeat. It's just makes you feel so good when you hear that little heartbeat.
    My little one gets active around 5 am and sometimes it's hard to get back to sleep. But this is what I have been waiting for all of my life :)
    Hi to everyone else and hope all of you are fine :)
    Lots Of Best Wishes,  Rebecca

Offline kitty9000

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 20/10/09, 21:36 »

Hello ladies

You lovely ladies have given me some great advice and as a result I had booked in for egg donation in December at Isida.  Larisa is amazing, so helpful and attentive.

Anyway, it seems that after years of trying to get pregnant with 4 failed IVF attempts and been told to give up by 2 different consultants - I've tested positive on a preg test!!!!!   I'm in complete shock. :o :o  A natual preganancy  :o :o!!  I'm a week late and I have 2 positive tests.  Of course, keeping the little mite is going to be the next challenge and I'm convinced that since I produce crap (technical term) eggs, I'll miscarry.  Anyway, just thought I would let you know because you have all been so kind to me.

K xx

Offline Pinkytails

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 20/10/09, 22:19 »
    Kitty - huge congratulations on your suprise BFP, I  ^pray^ all goes well for you, it only takes one good egg and maybe this is your 'golden egg'.

My pregnancy is going well, anomaly scan good, wonderful to see bubs, very active baby, the sonographer has real problems getting the measurements to to all the wriggling, have to go back in a few weeks to finish off the scan, everything in the right place, just ran out of time, Gender is still a suprise, after all the wriggling bubs decided to tuck legs up so we couldn't see if it was a boy or girl.

Have good strong movements every day now, and DH has been able to feel them for a few weeks now, he is totally amazed with it all!!!

I have sent back the Doppler I rented now I can feel bubs move, it was a sanity saver for those quiet weeks between first trimester symptoms and fetal movements.

Home with 'swine flu', recovering now, was a typical bout of flu, I was poorly but fortunately no serious symptoms.

Have today packed away my normal clothes for the duration, its comfy trousers and baggy tops for me from now until the end of February.

Interesting conversation with consultant at last appointment. Was asked if mode of delivery had been discussed, (joked what we were considering Royal Mail next day delivery) and was offered Section!!!!!  My reply was NO NO NO not unless necessary, quite shocked that they would consider it good practice to put me and my baby through major surgery rather than wait and see if I can delivery naturally.

Hope all bumps and mums are well,

Pinky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline JoJoBB

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 21/10/09, 16:41 »
    Hi All,

Kitty - CONGRATULATIONS! That's great news - Have everything crossed for you that it sticks.

Rebecca - I have thought about the doppler but my DP is adamant that they can do more harm than good if you cant hear the babies heartbeats. I kind of get his point as I can imagine myself being a bit of a klutz and not managing it. Anyway, like you say not long until I feel them move hopefully and I seem to be getting bigger by the day so thats all good. I have felt some flutters but they feel just like hunger pangs so not sure if this could be the baby moving - I am always hungry though so maybe I am getting it wrong.

Re weight I dont know- I am scared to get on the scales! I kind of reckon that if I am hungry I will eat and later I will lose it. I am going to get massive anyway with twins and have read that it is importnat to eat plenty to maximise their birth weights. Only got one chance at growing my babies and lots of time to lose weight so thats what I am doing. (Fast forward a year and you'll see me on this board whingeling about what a fatty I am!!)

You must be starting to think about the birth - you got it all straight in your mind? My friend is due in the next few weeks and is going for self hypnosis for pain medication... hmmm.. think I'll take the drugs...

Pinky - Good to hear an update from you - sorry to hear about the swine flu but glad you are better. Have you read about the vaccinations for swine flu? I guess its not relevant for you now but I think the NHS are recommending that pregnant women have it first? I would be reluctant really as apparently the US and EU dont think it is ready yet.. anyway...

I cant believe that you still dont know the sex! Pesky mite tucking up legs at the last minute! Do you have a preference? A healthy baby I'll bet - Same as me but I cant stop thinking about what I might be having and was hoping they might be able to see at my scan next week - end of 17 weeks... Sounds like that is maybe a bit hopeful..

That's unusual to be offered a C section isnt it? I take it you are not keen.. They have also offered it to me as I have twins but I may be able to deliver naturally depending on the position of the babies. Am still reading up at the mo but have to say I am probably veering towards the section. I know a few people who have had both and unanimously they preferred the C Section.

I am well anyway and enjoying pregnancy much more since the MS has gone. Still have loads of spots (grr) - was hoping they would go when I finished the medication but no such luck - currently walking around like a teenager! Not fair - I was supposed to be 'glowing'!

Anyway, lots of love to you all.

JoJo x

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 22/10/09, 09:31 »
     Hi Ladies,  ^Exercise!2^ ^hello^

Kitty What wonderful news Congratulations I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that everything works out for you. There are always miracles happening every day. :)

JoJoBB I hear you about getting your own Doppler I saw on the Discovery Home And Health on all of the baby shows they always say NO that we should not use them on our own. I know I understand if you did not hear their heartbeats you would be worried sick. I know I sure would.  You will start to feel your babies soon. You soon will be 17 weeks and I felt my baby's first kick at 18 weeks and 3 days. Then it would not be all of the time but would be a bit here and there. Now I am 26 weeks and 3 days so I feel her all of the time now well  at least when she is awake :)
    I feel your Dr can probably see the sex when you go for your next scan. I went at 18 weeks and my Dr. saw that I was having a little girl. Of course you never know if they are lying in not such a good position just bounce your tummy up and down they will start to move and then you may be able to see hopefully:):)
    Yeah I am thinking about the birth and well I thought they would want to do a C-Section on me but my Dr and Midwife says I can give natural birth but of course you have to be open you never know at the end what will happen????  I will go for an epidural in case at the last minute they would have to do a C-Section then I am prepared!! I know I think I will want to take some medicine with the pain to of course I have never given birth so I am not sure how bad my labour will be???  I know I am not worried about my weigh gain either. I have gained only 6 kilos I know it's because I don't feel much for eating and then I get sick here and there.  I agree we have all of the time in the world to exercise afterwards.

Pinkytails I am happy your feeling better. Maybe your next visit you will find out what the sex of your baby is. That is if you want to know!! I know some people donít want to know they want it to be a surprise for me I wanted to know so I could buy baby clothes and get my baby's nursery ready

Well for me I went to my Dr. yesterday I am 26 weeks and 3 days. Everything was fine with me and my baby girl. She was above average and she weighs 1 kilo now.  She was so sweet she was lying with her head down she was trying to put her toe in her mouth it was so cute. I got again some really nice 4 D photos and it's pretty wild because she has my nose my husband says. I guess Larisa matched us pretty well   I am still having nausea still every day some days are worse and I still throw up here and there  I guess I will be  one of these Mum's  that will have it the whole time but it's worth it 

I was wondering if any of you would get the swine flu vaccine????  Here where I live they are really wanting us pregnant women to get the vaccine first.   It will give our baby protection for 3 months after the birth.  I have decided I will take it since my baby's due date is January. It's a bit scary to take it but I would be devastated if she got the swine flu being so little and it's really hard on babies and kids from all I have heard and read.

Hello to everyone else

Lots Of Love And Best Wishes,  Rebecca

Offline roze

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 22/10/09, 12:26 »
    Hi, all,

My GP is getting the swine flu vaccine in shortly and I have an appt with my GP on 5th November to discuss it and potentially get it.  I feel the same that I am not convinced about its safety so not sure what I will do. My twins are due in early December now so will probably be right in the thick of it.

I have also just had gastroenteritis thanks to my toddler!  I should have shaken this off by today but as I haven't eaten anything in 30 hours I feel to weak and yuck. This has been attributed to my twin pregnancy ie it takes longer to get back to normal. I was up quite a few times in the night plus had to deal with an active toddler as well as twins. This makes me think how physically devasted I would be if I contract swine flu in the next few weeks as I suspect I would need to be hospitalised with an IV drip, as I could not even drink water for almost 24 hours. I have as a result been tempted to get the vaccine but will wait to hear what my GP says first.  I also do not want vulnerable pre term babies being faced with this added risk as I cannot see how they can fight this off.

I'm happy to report back with the outcome of my discussions on 5th. Not easy this, is it!

love to all,

roze

Offline Lucie1

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 22/10/09, 15:37 »
    Not yet in a position to post over here, although fingers crossed I will be one day. I couldn't read and run though without saying CONGRATULATIONS Kitty. I'm so pleased for you and hope you take it the way its intended when I say, 'I'm glad we're not going to be December cycle buddies'. It only takes one good egg and I have everything crossed for you x

Offline rebeccanorway

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 17/12/09, 17:49 »
    Congratulations Roze
     ^congrats^ On the birth of your beautiful twin girls  ^rainbow^ ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^
    I am so very happy for you!!  :) :) :)  I had been thinking of you and wondered when you would give birth!!
    Good Luck!!!
    Lots Of Best Wishes,  Rebecca

Offline Pinkytails

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 3/01/10, 19:07 »
    Hi Isida bumps and babes ladies, so sorry I have been absent, started this thread and then went AWOL!!!!!!!!

My pregnancy is going well, now approx 33wks and we found out at 24wks that our baby is a girl  ^storkgirl^ ^itsagirl^

We are so exited and cant wait to meet her.

I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes at 28wks, was a bit of a shock as felt fine, but so far am managing my diet well and on no mediation. Finish work in 2wks and must be honest cant wait, love my job but the disturbed nights with frequent trips to the loo and restless legs is taking its toll!!!

We have a nursery!!!! Put together the cotbed, dresser and glider/rocker chair over Christmas and I often find DH sat in there with a silly grin on his face!!!!

Baby kicks a lot now and I love being pregnant again.

Hope all is going well with you all, Pinky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^