^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

^gossip^ Happy Chatting ^gossip^

:-* xx B xx :-*

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

#2 ·
Hello ladies,
Just bookmarking  ;)
Mx

Oh, forgot to say, saw a complete bargain in our local M and P shop - cot bed and changer reduced to half price as ex-display. DH isn;t keen but I LOVE it! What to do?!

#4 ·
morning girls,

i was all set to order my cots, changer and nursing chair with the Mothercare 20% off and it didn't work, ahhh how annoying  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

DH felt one of the babies kick this morning, by pure coincidence he had his hand on my tummy in the right place and felt a little kick, he has gone to work this morning with a massive cheesy grin on his face  :)

take care all

Julia
xxxx

#6 ·
Hi Piepig,
Would love to but was kind of hoping dh would pay  ::). He said he doesn't mind paying full whack for something he likes as well so am just going to have to hold him to that! I just hate missing a bargain!

Mx

#8 ·
Hi Ladies

Here's the list and will be back to post personals after a bite to eat ;)

Awaiting miracles
Name Due Date flavour (if known)
Suze 26th December 2009 ^babycrawl^
Curlygirl 22 January 2010 ^pinkted^
Tracy 3rd March 2010 ^blueted^
Strawbs 21st March 2010 ^babycrawl^
Jemma 23rd March 2010 ^blueted^
Piepig 27th March 2010 ^pinkted^
Julia 22nd April 2010 ^pinkted^ ^blueted^
Lentil 23rd June 2010 ^babycrawl^
SarahJ 10th July 2010 ^babycrawl^
Hbrodie 22nd July 2010 ^babycrawl^
Moondoggie ^babycrawl^
Lirac ^babycrawl^
Coakley ^babycrawl^

Miracles arrived
Avon Queen 21st February 2009 Thomas Andrew & Lucas David
Corrinann 19th November 2009 Eleanor Eve
Sarah30 22nd November 2009 Conor William George
Maarias 11th December 2009 Zakarias
Jola 15th December 2009 baby girl

#10 ·
hi everyone

Julia - glad you had your babies sex's confirmed and you can go shop shop shop now ;) enjoy

Coakley - welcome and congrats on your BFP, sorry to hear that you lost one of your beanies  ^hugme^

Sarah - hope Conor is keeping you busy hun  ;)

Jola - hey hun, sorry to hear you've not been sleeping well....hope you can have an afternoon nap?! we finally got around to doing 'the' deed the other night ;) will definately be trying again  :eek: lol  not long now babe ^pompom^

hi to maria, pipeig, hbrodie, lirac, tracy, strawbs, md, aq, jemma, Sarahj, curly and lentil ^wave^

I've not been feeling great for a couple of days, had a persistant headache since tues and bp was raised again yesterday so ended up at the hospital to be checked over....no sign of pre-eclamsia and bp came down while i was there so they were happy to send me home.....however headache persists today! ^bigbad^ back to hospital tmrw for last scan and cons app......keeping fingers crossed we get an induction date!! ^pray^

I was wondering if we should ask for a new thread in the babydust section for after our babies are born...what does everyone else think?

love to everyone, bumps and babes
Suze xx

#12 ·
Hi Guys

Just book marking xx

Will catch up more when have more time  ;D ;D ;D

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to all xx

#14 ·
thanks Suze  :) BTW, my  c-section date is 15 Jan  ;)

I am ashamed to say that size wise my bump is about the same size as your 36wk one!  :-[ Sorry to hear about your headaches. I am suffering a bit as well. I thought it was pre-eclempsia as my feet and ankles have suddenly swollen but all tests came back ok as well.Hope you get an induction date - how far are they going to let you go before they induce?

#15 ·
Hi Maria

im hoping for an induction date of either before or on my due date......just really worried about going overdue ^eyes^ so will have to wait and see tmrw, originally they said they induce at 38 weeks however then back tracked and said that was too early so maybe 39? all will be revealed tmrw!

will amend the list with your c section date honey

my head has felt so much better in the last few hours so at least i can stop popping pills!!

love and hugs
Suze xx

#16 ·
Hbrodie

will ask if we can have a thread set up....and OMG :eek: at pip being 7 mths old when your bubs is born!! that sounds amazing  ;)

oooh and i love chocolate hob nobs too ;D

love
Suze xx

#17 ·
suze....hope you don't mind me asking, what reason are you being given for induction??

Reason I ask is because I have been told they don't induce for big babies anymore, even though my DS was 9lb12 at birth and on the 75th centile at this stage and this one is on 95th centile already and at last measure 2 weeks ago I was measuring 2 weeks ahead.  I will be pushing for induction at 38-39 wks

not long whatever way you look at it...... very very ashamed to say my bump not far off at nearly 26wks, am HUGE, have put on 1stone so far

strawbs xx

#18 ·
Hi Strawbs

course i dont mind you asking hun, reason they originally gave (this was at 26 weeks) was due to me being on clexane injections during my pregnancy till term, however this was said by a covering consultant ^bigbad^ when i saw my cons at 31 weeks she said she felt 38 weeks was too soon and would see how the rest of my pregnancy went......

my reasons for wanting to be induced are mainly due to my placenta (ongoing bleeding thoughout pregnancy which was originally linked to 'ok' blood flow to baby) and im worried about placenta not being as good as it should so dont want to put it under more strain by going overdue, also high risk pregnancy due to ivf history and me being stressed  (im going slightly do-lal ^idiot^ )

there's no guarrantee they'll agree to it however at my last app (5 weeks ago) they did stress that if they did let me go over it would only be by a couple of days, so they may stick to that plan?!? which i would get my head round, i think!! ^idiot^

hope that answers your question honey ^hugme^

from a weight perspective 1 stone is brill!! i've put 3 stone on since the start of treatment but 2 1/2 stone according to midwife booking in weight  ;)

love
Suze xx

#19 ·
Hi everyone  :)

Suze - thanks for thinking of me  ^wave^ Sorry about headaches - I find polos or any other mint you can stand the taste of really helps get rid of headache, helps when you've maxed out on the paracetamol!  I also try the 'salt, sugar, water' theory of checking you aren't either dehydrated or low in salt / sugar making it worse.  Plain crisps usually help.  Don't know about you, but I'm finding it really hard to eat much at the moment, which ends up meaning I'm not eating very well nutritionally either making headache likely.

Maarias & Strawbs - join you on the big bump!  I'm absolutely massive, everyone comments that I can't have much longer, even the Tesco delivery guy!!  :-[  Baby was 5lb 10oz estimated a week and a half ago, so I'm quite worried about labour!!

AFM  ^milestone^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ 34 weeks today!!! 

Got another cons appointment on Monday, got lots of questions about labour pain relief options, really worried about blood clot risks.  Suze - am on clexane throughout like you, have they advised you on epidural / spinal risks?  Freaked myself out looking on the internet - says you shouldn't have a spinal / epidural less than 12 hours after last injection and then need to delay next dose for a certain time after its removal and removal of any catheter.  Otherwise risk of blood clot in the epidural space - v scary!  As i had a c-section last time (emergency), I can't be induced or labour speeded up so have to have c-section if I go overdue or labour takes too long.  Think I may request general anaesthetic if i have to have c-section - not what i wanted, but I really don't want to risk blood clot on the spine.  Also one cons said give up daily aspirin at 34 weeks, other one said 36 weeks.  Will quiz cons on Monday.

Feeling v stressed out and emotional at the mo  ^eyes^ - not helped by ridiculously oversensitive MIL.  She gets all upset and cries at the slightest bit of tension, and my DD is 3 so needs lots of keeping in check at the moment, of course.  Told by DH that FIL says MIL been really upset etc etc but they aren't criticising how I tell off DD - yeah right!!  What else can it be?  Lost my Mum last year and my Dad is in a care home & sister quite far away, also DH working his  ^shake^ off at the mo before baby born, so I don't like him being made to feel in the middle - leaves me feeling really lonely and cr**py at the mo.  Really not looking forward to Xmas dinner!!!  Doesn't help that I find my SIL really hard work - she always manages to get my back up with either telling off DD in front of me, like about what she doesn't eat, or just by making sure I feel unwelcome e.g. not enough seats in the lounge so I end up on uncomfy dining chair all day! Sorry to rant - feel a bit better just writing it down!!

Really not sure I'll hold out until January EDD - feeling lots bigger this time and getting lots of head down pressure low in my pelvis - really painful when pressure on my bum / spine area.

Hopefully I'll be a bit cheerier next post!!

CurlyGirl

#20 ·
ooo dear a few of us feeling a bit stressed at the moment!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

CG....families hey?!

Think Christmas is adding to the stress, feeling so very un christmassey here, dreading the tree going up with my 2 cats and my 19m old!!  Will be me picking up baubles, tinsel, beads continuously, I think once all my shopping and wrapping sone, I will feel happier

told dh off for being a complete lazy **** tonight, he did this in my pg with my son, start going out with mates, doing NOTHING round the house and genereally just being selfish, it is like the last fling.  For 2 weeks I had been asking him to move some drawers from the room my DS is going in and to check if there  was a 2nd plug socket in there (behind the drawers), if not we needed one putting in before decorator started this wed, he told me no just one plug socket,drawers still not moved, what's the rush? so last sat electrcian came at 7.30am dh pulled the drawers out and yes a bloody socket, luckily we needed a socket putting in under stairs for dryer, so so cross and you guessed it drawers moved 11pm tues night when decorator coming 7.30am wed am aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh

he better start pulling his finger out because I am not best pleased!!

suze...I started feeling really quite rough about 3-4 days before I went into labour ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.  thanks for info.  Hope you don't go over, the last few weeks feel sooooooooooooooooo long.  I think the consuls actually don't make a decision until the very last minute I have been told no decision until end feb and due in March!

strawbs xx

#22 ·
Morning all!
Sharing the general stress vibe..still not sleeping well which doesn't help. A week and one day to go to my official due date! On the one hand i am so happy and excited - there have been so many points in the last few years when I didn't think I would ever get this far, and I feel so blessed to be sitting here typing this - I remember being in my first trimester on this board (more than once) and finding it to hard to imagine that I would ever be one of the ones actually having a baby. I hope it gives you first trimester girls hope!

On the other hand I am still so afraid of things going wrong. So much has gone wrong in the past, and in my case a different problem every time - that's what it looks like and that's what the dr's tell me - which is supposed to be comforting and it is in some ways (no reason to think any particular problem will recur) but it also leaves the fear - what NEW thing is going to go wrong now?

But I am trying to focus on the positive.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Chanced are the baby will be fine, and I will soon be holding him/her in my arms. What a miracle.

Anyway, those are my rather scattered friday morning thoughts!

Maarias - hope you get your cot and changer! I feel like we have been spending money like water lately...it is so hard not to think - 'i want to absolute the best for this baby and the cost doesn't matter' - of course cost matters a bit! And lots of the things you can end being sucked into don't matter at all. Mind you, dh is worse then me. he just found the NCT shop and has spent about £100 there...

Julia - great to hear about dh's cheesy grin!

Suze - sorry to hear about ongoing blood pressure issues. Hope you get your induction date today. In the meantime no harm in lots of  ^BMS^ - it would be even better if you can get the baby to arrive on its own! (I know the evidence that sex actually helps i scant, but it makes some sense, and worth a try!).

Maarias, CG and Strawbs - I'm jealous of your big bumps - I have only put on a stone and a half total, and my bump is very modest. I keep plaguing the midwife about whether the baby is big enough, and though she admits it is not a big baby, she says it is big enough. I am trying to believe her!

Maarias - hope your swelling and so on isn't too uncomfortable - glad to hear htye don't think it is pre-eclampsia.

Strawbs - situation with chest of drawers sounds very stressful! I can sympathise. My dh decided to redecorate our entire flat, but he has been so slow - just finished yesterday!! I can't count the number of times I have sd. "the baby could come at any minute!'.

CG - I hear you on the MIL front. My MIL cries all the time - I am dreading her visit. I feel that getting all upset so easily is basically a manipulative strategy to get the attention back on to her. She has no grandchildren, (this will be her first) and I really feel that her main emotional reaction to the situation is that she will no longer be the person in the family most in need of looking after!  :mad: When she gets all upset I feel like screaming at her, 'ITS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!!!!!'. One thing that has really helped is talking to dh about it - and over the years he has really come to undertsand what his mum does wrong - he was (willfully to some extent) blind to it before. But gradually has has come to see her in a diferent light, and although tht has been quite painful for him I thin it has made it possible for me to be in the same room as her...I totally admire your instinct to keep him out of the middle of the situation, but maybe in the long term its better to be in it togther...

Hpe you all have a great weekend. Hugs to everyone else -
Jola  ^hugme^

#23 ·
Hi all x just bookmarking  -

- Julia thats fantastic  - one of each xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

corrin x

#24 ·
well ladies im in shock!!

saw a 'not as sympathetic' registrar as my cons was on annual leave.....so didn't hold out much hope of getting a date sorted however she decided to go discuss with the 'on call' cons and after 20 mins came back and said right you're booked in on thursday!!!!!!!!!!! THURSDAY!!!! as in 6 days time Thursday?!?

turns out the oncall cons was the one who wanted me induced at 38 weeks so guess it was fate my cons was away and she was in charge.....we are so so happy baby will be here for christmas ^pompom^

so have to be there for 4.30pm on thursday for an assessment of my cervix and first pessary then they hope to break my waters on fri morning!! .......OMG!!

Curly - i saw and anaethetist on tues to discuss pain relief, she told me about the epidural issues and they've offered me another drug if i want it, so will see  ;)

love to everyone else
a slightly excited Suze xx

#26 ·
ah thanks hun.....we are so happy that we'll be a family at christmas, feel quite teary thinking about it all!!

as for your 7mths comment....you meant my baby would be 7mths old when you baby is born not your emily ;) baby brain obviously kicked in for the long haul lol

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.