* Author Topic: FYI - Diagnosis: Azoospermia, Cause: Unknown  (Read 45078 times)

0 Members

Offline Starflower

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: FYI - Diagnosis: Azoospermia, Cause: Unknown
« Reply #30 on: 20/04/09, 20:41 »
This is a super thread and Claudine is a mine of information.

Well I just want to ask one key question, after going to the Lister and having a SSR which did not work my Dh is convinced we got the best treatment we could get in the UK as far as his problem is concerned.

I know going under the knife is an ordeal but at Cornell, I think another go could be worth it.
I can see his point of view too, all this money we are spending on IVF etc and if it fails again....yes all valid points I know.

Did any of you ladies have problems convincing your DHs to go under the knife maybe for a second time!!! If so how do I convince him? I want a baby but I want his baby, I cant help but think if it were me in his position, I would walk over hot coals to achieve a biological child but I guess us girls dont give up that easily.

Much love

Starflower

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline marymay

modify
    « Reply #31 on: 21/04/09, 12:28 »
    Hello Starflower

It's been a while since i posted on here, but wanted to just let you know that my DH is due to undergo SSR for a second time!
    It's on my signature, but we had one failed attempt at ICSI after the first SSR when only one sperm was found. It fertilised, but failed to implant.
    We were on the donor route until the urologist questioned why the lab had found only one sperm and said he would be happy to carry out second op. We are waiting for an appointment for this now.
    My DH is desperate for his own child, but has accepted that donor could be the way it goes - we have had donor counselling etc. We wanted to give it one more try because he says while there is still a chance of his own biological child, it will always be a first option. I would have been fine if he did not want to do it again, because we had already grieved for the child we would never have - and then were given a second chance we never thought we had, so grabbed it with both hands.
    I think it's good that your DH is obviously very comfortable with the donor sperm option. All you can do is tell him that it's a small period of time of discomfort for a big, big, big reward. Keep us posted!

marymay

Offline sweetdreams73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 3/05/09, 16:36 »
    Hi Claudine

Hope you dont mind me butting in...

I am new to the site and not really sure where to go next!

Just recently found out and trying to come to terms with me and DH have "unexplained" non obstructive azoospermia, his hormones are all normal, his scans were all clear he has everything physically that he should have and we had biopsy in March 09 which showed that he has he a few hundred and of those, he has maturation arrest and hypo spermatogenesis.  (whatever that really means) dont think its great news.  Because of the biopsy, we are having to wait " a painful" six months before we are having treatment of TESE, ICIS and IVF at the LWC in London.   I have been so stressed out that not been able to work as getting chest pains and my blood pressure is really high.  Would be great if I could get some support and speak to people who know what I am going through.

Feeling so confused and just wish that I felt like we were being told exactly what we should do rather than the consultant giving us options and we having to decide.  Is this normal? are other clinics the same, give you the facts of what is available to you and then let you decide what you want?  I thought they were the experts and suppose to tell you exactly what you do.  However, what we are somewhat confused about and worried about is that we have not be advised whether or not we should have any tests done prior to treatment to check for genetic problems which could be passed onto a child.  My husband has his VAS which I gather is sometimes connected with CF but as his infertility is unexplained concerned for the babies sake.

Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated or point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot

Take care

Sweetdreams x

Offline Auntie Betty

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 4/05/09, 20:52 »
    Hi Sweetdreams, I am no expert as I new to all of this myself, my DH is still having initial tests done for azoospermia but I would suggest you pop over to the NOA support part 11 thread just a few down from this one.  The girls there post frequently and are VERY knowledgeable and I'm sure they will be able to give you some advice. x

Offline sweetdreams73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 4/05/09, 20:56 »
    Thanks Auntie Bettie will do that, all the best to you.

Offline andyg

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 22/11/10, 12:41 »
    Keep positive about treatment,I had course of hcg and hmg and now have a baby
    ,just come back of testosterone and now starting hcg and hmg for second child.I had 0 sperm but it went up to 60 million which is way over the average 20 million.

Offline just_hoping

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 18/12/10, 11:14 »
    ,just come back of testosterone and now starting hcg and hmg for second child.I had 0 sperm but it went up to 60 million which is way over the average 20 million.

Hi there,

Im new here, may I know if you're diagnosed with non obstructive azoospermia before?

Offline L21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 29/12/10, 12:34 »
    Hi, is this forum still active? Or is there another one on the go?

Louise x

Offline Tillypops

• I LOVE camping!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 31/12/10, 17:12 »
    Try posting in this thread hun - it's where a lot of the ladies chat about things.  You will find all the support you need.

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=249979.0

Tilly
    xxxxx

Offline Jacks girl

• To thine own self be true
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 11/02/12, 10:37 »

Thanks for posting this Andy - gives all us girls some hope and hubbies too!!! ;D

Recent Topics