* Author Topic: "Feeling pg" but BFN?  (Read 1150 times)

0 Members

Offline nutmeg

• Gold Member
modify
"Feeling pg" but BFN?
« on: 20/01/10, 19:19 »
So has anyone "felt" they were pregnant so early that the test didn;t show it up?

I'm 12dop and did a test this afternoon which was a BFN  :'( but I've been feeling nauseous for days, my tastebuds have gone wonky and I just keep thinking that maybe I am  ^pray^
I know it's probably all psychosomatic but please, anyone else had this experience? At 12dpo I know I'm as likely to get a -ve as a +ve - has anyone had a -ve at day 12 and gone on to have a BFP?

DH is out this evening aswell, so even more 2ww crazy  ^idiot^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline the_gruffalo

modify
    Re: "Feeling pg" but BFN?
    « Reply #1 on: 20/01/10, 20:52 »
    I really hope you are pregnant!  ^pray^

I've had secondary infertility for the past 3 years, but when I was pregnant with DD (now 4.5) 11dpo I stood in the shower looking at my slightly bigger boobs with a funny taste in my mouth and 'knew' I was pregnant.  This was a Tuesday, period not due till the Friday but I did a first response early test which was negative on the Wednesday morning (so day 12po).  Even on an early test it didn't show up as  ^BFP^ till the Friday.

Second time round (which was sadly an ectopic pregnancy) I again 'knew' way before the test day and then didn't bother testing till 3 days after AF due.  Oh, to be so laid-back and carefree-  now I don't trust anything my body tells me and don't think I would believe I was pregnant even after 10 tests!

Good luck, keep me posted.

Gill xx

Offline nutmeg

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 20/01/10, 21:06 »
    Thank you so much Gill, you have given me hope - I will keep you informed.  :)

Offline catmadblonde

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 20/01/10, 22:30 »
    Hi there,

was wondering if you are on cyclogest pesseries? I have had them everytime i do my cycles and they give you pregnancy symptoms, food cravings, nausea, tender breasts.
    Sorry if i sound like im putting a dampner on things, but just take this into considerstion as my first cycle i really thought it had worked but it was the drugs side effects.
    I am used to getting the side effects now, and im on the 2ww at the mo, and im starving all the time and have really sore boobs, but i know that this cannot be a sign that my treatment has worked.
    You just do not know for sure until your clinic has confirmed it with a  pregnancy and blood test.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get a positive result. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^

love catmadblonde.xxx

Offline nutmeg

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 20/01/10, 22:42 »
    Thanks CMB - we're ttc naturally atm. We're having a year off tx ready to start again (or hopefully not) in June.
    So no, no pessaries or such - but I know I wouldn't trust anything they told me either  ^idiot^

Thanks and good luck to you.

Offline Kerrie_1975

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 21/01/10, 00:51 »
    Hi nutmeg!

Great to see you back again! I am on my 2ww again too, 3rd time lucky, our last cycle we had the same otd.

How are you? Keeping positive I hope!

How far past et are u? I am on day 5

hope all is well.

Sending u postive vibes
    Kerrie xxxx

Offline Murf

• Family of 3 hoping to expand.
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 21/01/10, 09:11 »
    Hi Kerrie

We had ET on the same day my dear.  When are you testing, I have been told to test on 31st Jan which is actually 17 days!!!  I just pray I make it to that weekend at all, last time I bled around 9 / 10 days past transfer.  Are we 7 days past transfer today then?  Good luck. xxxx

Offline nutmeg

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 21/01/10, 13:33 »
    Hi Kerrie, good to "see" you too  ^afro^ Will keep everything crossed for you this time sweetie.

We're actully ttc naturally  -we've a diary here of everything we're doing https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=207990.0
    I have noticed a huge improvement in my cycles, so really hopeful something positive will come of it, fingers crossed anyway!

Murf, my clinic was always 17 dpt too - it's a killer. Good luck to you.

My temps shot up this morning, but all the sickness has gone away today  ^idiot^