Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting for 1st Scan (2010) - Part 2

76K views 899 replies 116 participants last post by  ❁ BG2007 ❁ 
#1 ·
Waiting for 1st Scan (2010) - Part 2

Welcome ladies ^wave^ and congratulations ^afro^

Please post here whilst you are waiting for that all important first scan. After that please proceed to the relevant BFP threads ^goodluck^

Waiting for a First Scan

[csv]
Name,Tx,Scan Date,

Rusty06, DIVF, 02/07/10 ^baby^
kizzymouse, DIVF, 14/07/10 ^baby^
kerryflump, IVF, 16/07/10 ^baby^
kirst01, ICSI, 21/07/10 ^angel^
NANA23, ICSI, 22/07/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
Aikybeats, nat bfp, 27/07/10
sparklez, ICSI, 29/07/10 ^pray^
suedulux, ICSI, 30/07/10 ^baby^
And73, IVF, 03/08/10
Jemsta88, ?, 03/08/10
suitcase of dreams, FET, 04/08/10
CAT_77, IVF, 05/08/10
lucee27, ICSI, 10/08/10
lucky173, ICSI, 11/08/10
Sarahob, IVF, 12/08/10
minimay, IVF, 12/08/10
fluffywithteeth, ICSI, 13/08/10
gracey88, ICSI, 13/08/10
waterlily241, FET, 17/08/10
jules3be, DEIVF, ??/08/10

[/csv]

Moving on to BFP threads
[csv]
Name,Tx,Scan Date,

nichola1975, ICSI, 01/06/10 ^baby^
paphoshopeful, IVF, 02/06/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
lizzie_mac, Nat bfp, 02/06/10 ^baby^
shani rudgley, IVF, 03/06/10 ^baby^
sandy39, IVF, 04/06/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
sarahdru, ICSI, 04/06/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
borah, ICSI, 07/06/10 ^baby^
clairei25, IVF, 09/06/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
MummyP, ICSI, 09/06/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
Olivia, FET, 09/06/10 ^baby^
livity k, FET, 09/06/10 ^baby^
vickym1984, IVF, 10/06/10 ^baby^
scaruh, IVF, 10/06/10 ^baby^
AVH, FET, 11/06/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
jane71, Nat bfp, 16/06/10 ^baby^
Good Vibrations, IVF, 17/06/10 ^baby^
1579jayne, IVF, 18/06/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
Velma, ICSI, 21/06/10 ^baby^
weepurple, IVF, 21/06/10 ^baby^
sparkles29, IUI, 21/06/10 ^baby^
tracyl247, ICSI, 23/06/10 ^baby^
Scaralooloo, Nat bfp, 23/06/10 ^baby^
VesperPea, IUI, 28/-6/10 ^baby^
Janeybear8, ICSI, 29/06/10 ^baby^
therulerette15, ICSI, 29/06/10 ^baby^

[/csv]

Dont forget to check out our due date and gestation calculator! : http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/component/option,com_ivfcalculate

Please send me a pm if you would like to be added to the list. Profile link: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=profile

B xxx :-*

See less See more
#2 ·

Charter VIP Membership

Fertility Friends costs in excess of £300 a month to run and exists solely on Charter VIP subscriptions and member donations.

If you have received support here, I strongly urge you to give something back and sign up. If you can't afford this (or don't want to become a charter member) but want to make a donation to FF anyway, you can do so via paypal to payments@fertilityfriends.co.uk :)

It doesn't cost a lot but it means a great deal ...

£14.99 annual membership
£2.99 monthly membership

Want to say thank you to Fertility Friends and help us grow?

#3 ·
If you want to read back over Part 1 CLICK HERE

#6 ·
thanks for the new home.

^hello^ ^wave^ everyone.
hope everybody is well?

Afm, started having some brown discharge yesterday and freaked out. dont know what is happening but i am assuming it is the tiny haematoma that the doctor saw on monday that is breaking out? my Dh is now more worried than me , he said it is the fault of the scanner as we were alright before the scan. said he must have poked hard on something he wasnt supposed to. i is still really dark brown today, no red blood noticed.
may

#7 ·
Hi May,

Try not to worry. It could be a cervical ectropian or the haematoma. Your scan with a heartbeat is very reassuring. Are you having pain? Are you on progesterone?

#8 ·
Thanks Buterflyhen, no pain just the spoting
may

#9 ·
Hi all just got back from scan unfortunately no little heart beats to announce  :'( My con has said to have another scan next week , but he and we are not very hopeful, you should really be seeing it now as I'm 6w4d's and considering i had a 5 day blasts put back it should have been more mature than it is, in fact it looked like it did last weeks scan. He did say that as you don't know when they implanted you can never say never, but from his experience it doesn't look good. In some ways I don't feel as bad as I thought i would ( DH is more), at least con is being honest and I can let it sink in , have been traveling down this road for a such a very long time so understand the limitations .

Going to now try and enjoy the long weekend and  ^pray^ ^pray^ for a miracle

Floral x x

#10 ·
Hi

Can I join you? Just found out I'm BFP on my 3rd attempt. First scan is 15 April and we had ICSI.

Thanks

Floral- sorry to hear your news

#12 ·
Floral,  I'm praying for you too.  From what I've read on hear before it seems almost anything can happen so keep I really hope its turns out positive for you.  Its such a long journey that we go on with so many places to trip us up.  Its so unfair to come this far so fingers crossed xxxxxxxxx

May2 - I had what you're having about a week before the scan and it cleared up after a couple of days.  Have been to see the doctor this week as discharged from Hammersmith now and she said if anything untoward happens to get straight to casualty.  I guess if only to stop doing your head in.

#13 ·
Hello everyone, nice to have a fresh thread  :)I'm now at 9w5d and unless something dodgy happens, won't be having a further scan until week 12.

Floral - I'm so sorry you didn't see what you were hoping at the scan, it's a tough thing to go through the week you're facing.  There are lots and lots of examples of heartbeats being missed though.  I don't want to get your hopes up falsely but if it helps you get through the week you could try the Misdiagnosed Miscarriage site.  Unfortunately for me last time it wasn't the case, but it did help to feel there was some hope when I read the site.

May2 - I had exactly the same type of spotting (almost black bits of old blood) for about 5 days which is what prompted me to have a further scan at 7w5d at the early pregnancy unit.  It has stopped now and the scan was perfect.  I really think it will turn out to be nothing (except just another hurdle to get over, as if we don't have enough). 

#14 ·
Hi All

I to am waiting for my scan, on 16 April.

3rd ICSI, and we lost our pip at the 7 week scan last time so I am pretty scared to be honest.

No symptoms at all, other than veiny boobs at night aside from that normal which is worrying. Spoke to GP yesterday who reassured me it is v early to have symptoms but so many girls on FF  seem to have them so it kind of worries you.

I had 2 Grade 1/2 8 Cell transferred on day 3, and I will officially be 5 weeks PG ( please god) on Saturday.

Hope you guys are okay, would be good to have some company on this new 3WW!!!!

Bestyx

#15 ·
Besty, what about asking your GP for a couple of HCG blood tests to check progress?  It could help put your mind at rest maybe?  If they know your history they'll probably be willing to do it.....

#16 ·
Thanks every one for your kind words and thanks catwaving for the website recommendation I have just had a quick look , although I know the chances are slim it will certainly give me hope over the next week as there are some truly remarkable stories , I would never have found the site without your suggestion so thanks  :-* Good luck to everyone still waiting for their scan and well done for everyone that has seen a  ^Heart^ thats the best feeling in the world . Happy Easter Love Flora x x  ^wave^

#18 ·
Well done to JSmith and May on your scan results! And congrats on BFPs to Zoe, Besty and Kezza. And HUGE  ^hugme^ and  ^reiki^ to Floral. Lots of thoughts coming your way for the scan  next week.

Had some more spotting (not just brown, but some pink too) and what feel like cramps and am going to see a doctor while we're here (got stuck here in the States on a round the world trip as they didn't think I should fly being so early in my pregnancy esp as I'd be flying by myself with an 8 month old baby and some very heavy suitcases). I don't think our travel insurance will cover it as it isn't an emergency, and a scan and appt will cost 500 USD. Thank goodness I'm able to stay with my parents which has made things cheaper - couldn't really do this in a hotel! Also finding it hard without DH around as he's had to go back to Nigeria for work.

So scan appt is on Wednesday 7th April, so wish us luck!

Love, T xx

#19 ·
Floral - i had a scan at 6weeks and no heartbeat and the sonographer was not at all concerned - I am a bit and have researched it a lot and keeping my fingers crossed for 7 week scan on Tuesday. I think more crucial to the heartbeat is the presence of a yolk sac and fetal pole.

Tamikh - I've had spotting too so understand exactly how you feel. Also I've had cramps throughout pregnancy. What you need to remember is that some women spot which leads to miscarriage but a whole load of women go on to have normal pregnancies.

Fingers crossed!

#20 ·
Jsmithuk and catwaving, thanks for your concerns. Have had a scan and they say everything is ok. Also saw a heart beat which is a bonus. Still spoting but not as much as before.

Glad for all the positives on this thread. ^hugme^

Floral ^hugme^

may

#21 ·
May2 that's great.  How many weeks are you now?

#22 ·
Happy Easter everyone!!

Catwaving I am 7+4 days today but hospital scan is making me 8+1 today. How are you?
May

#23 ·
8+1 that's great, must be growing well.

I'm okay, flapping a bit (silently and without being able to tell anyone obviously as my husband is away skiing with my son! and I'm not going to tell him on the phone) and worrying as I don't feel as sick as I have done (I've had quite strong nausea all day most days so far).  Either it's settled down a bit ,naturally, or something's wrong.

I need a scan every day to be confident in all this!

I'll probably feel sick later and be happy!

#24 ·
Apart from sore boobs  and bloating, no symptoms at all. I actually think we are crazy asking and begging for morning sickness but I know it ressures us a bit. ^idiot^
may

#25 ·
Hi - agree its crazy but I to really want to feel sick, no symtoms at all, not even a sore boob, just a few veins on them at night and no nausea.

GP wont do any more HCG tests - to be honest I think I just need to get to the scan now, just v v vscared because of last time.

Anyway, sorry for depressing post xx ^hugme^ ^hugme^

#26 ·
I've got darker aerola, boobs a bit sore but maybe because cyclogest, very tired, bloated and I felt sick for three days but don't anymore. 2nd day running and I'm worried that my early morning sickness is a sign that I'm losing it. Can't wait for my scan now in 10 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.