#1 ·
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

^gossip^ Happy Chatting ^gossip^

:-* xx B xx :-*

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

#2 ·
An Announcement

Charter VIP Membership

Fertility Friends costs in excess of £300 a month to run and exists solely on Charter VIP subscriptions and member donations.

Tony (FF founder & developer) recently had to suspend all new Charter VIP membership BUT they have now been reactivated.

If you have received support here, I strongly urge you to give something back and sign up. If you can't afford this (or don't want to become a charter member) but want to make a donation to FF anyway, you can do so via paypal to payments@fertilityfriends.co.uk :)

It doesn't cost a lot but it means a great deal ...

£14.99 annual membership
£2.99 monthly membership

Want to say thank you to Fertility Friends and help us grow?

#3 ·
Hi all

hope I can join you.

I am 9 weeks pg ( had third scan on Friday confirming all was still ok). can you help me with my anxiety levels.

History - I had a m/c last cycle at 7 weeks and am terrified of losing this one. We are past where we were which is great news, but as I have no symptoms accept tiredness it is still very hard for me to accept it will all be okay if that makes sense? I so want this to be our time, I have had reassurance that we should be 98% okay now but its still not enough on some level.

I am driving DH mad as am complete grumpy cow and could cry at anything. Work is very stressful and hard, although I love my job I am too tired to put in the extra hours at the minute, but at the same time its a really good distraction from everything if that makes sense.

So, guys how do you get by week by week without wanting constant scans!!!

Any suport much appreciated. Besty x

#5 ·
Hey girls  :)

AQ - Im good thanks, how's you? Rowing with dh appears to be a favourite pastime at the moment, my how he annoys me! Not sure if it's my hormones, but he's the only person that annoys me at the moment lol. Good job I love him dearly! Can't believe I'm over halfway now :eek: Decided on my pram etc, not sure when to purchase yet, by 30 weeks I think need to pre order, even the changing bag I want has up to six week wait!!

Betsy - No real words of wisdom, just take one day at a time. The first 14 weeks were the worst for me, pretty much became a neurotic mess, who rang the epau almost weekly about one thing or another. When's your next ultrasound? X

#6 ·
Hi all,

Besty - welcome! As the others have said, I don't have any great words of wisdom, only that don't feel at all silly mentioning any worries on here, as we've all been there!

LTGL - what pram are you getting? Got mine a week or so ago as it was on offer, so it's now safely stowed at my friend's house!

I've had an odd few days - (TMI alert!) been having a little very light brown discharge - doesn't even look like old blood, more like what you'd get on on some cotton wool that you wiped your foundation off with (best comparison I can come up with, sorry!) Mentioned it mid week when I was at hosp for a routine appt, so got hooked up and monitored for half an hour, plus they did a swab 'up there' which I'm waiting the results of. The MW also had a good look with a torch (yes, an actual torch, not some gynae thing - dread to think what that says about the size of my lady bits!) and couldn't see anything amiss. Anyway, still getting the discharge, but it's still very small amounts, ie nothing when I wipe, just in my knickers) so being the neurotic that I am, it is worrying. Bubs is moving loads, I have no pain or anything and I can't see what anyone can do more than they've done and certainly until the swab results are in. Have to speak to the MW in the morning anyway (although trying to find a quiet place to discuss vaginal discharge in a primary school is a challenge in itself!) Hey ho.

On a brighter note, been over to my parents today who have got all my niece and nephew's baby stuff down from the loft so I now have a moses basket - though will need to buy a new mattress - and loads of baby gros and vests etc. Will it be ok to throw them in a hot wash with vanish and bio detergent as long as I then wash them again in non bio and pure fabric conditioner do you think?

Hope everyone's had a nice bank holiday weekend,

Sarah xx

#7 ·
hi all

sarahj - check your temp each am and pm hun cos if there is any sign of infection it would show up as a high temp  ;) but if mw not concerned and swabs come back ok could be nothing. You could have an ectropian on your cervix, which is a little graze-like blemish where the internal cells from the cervix protrude onto the outer cells of the cervix. I have one and it is about half my cervix sizze. they can be tiny or huge and are perfectly ok ;) often happens after a birth (baby pushes cells out during labour) or when the woman has been on contraceptive hormones for some time...or high doses of hormones  ;) and it can happenin pg too cos of the hormones making changes  :)blame the hormones  ;D hope this may help?  ^idiot^

re; prams....we had a 6 week wait for ours from the pram shop when we got emily's. this time it was a week wait cos we went online for it but it took over a month to come as we postponed the delivery as we were away when it was due to arrive and I had to order it there and then to get the sale price  ::) so it is sat in my garage now, all ready and set up  :) actually, TBH, I have just realised I have no idea what I have done with the little snuggle nest (head support) I bought to go with it....it was seperate....oh flip, I need to find it or it'll drive me mad  ^bigbad^

#8 ·
besty - welcome  ^hugme^ its strange how actually getting pregnant, increases your stress levels.all sorts went through my mind,  i used to call it the 9 mnth wait! the hormones make things so much worse as well, its a right mixture of emotions/frightened/happy/unsettled. All you can do is know that every pregnancy is different and "doesnt know about the other one" and take it one day at a time, never presume, and realise it is kinda out of your hands, enjoy every second with bubba, enjoy thinking of the PRESENT and you are pregnant NOW, please try and enjoy it a little. I used to allow myself "secret happiness" that no-one but i knew about, i used to feel happy when i was on my own with bubba and nobody can see how you are feeling. like a secret  ;) i said to myself "even if im only pregnant for a week,  im gonna enjoy it" if that makes sense. although its harder in practise i know!  ^hugme^ symptoms wise, i found it all unbelievable cause i felt fine, and even when i saw scan pics it was just like watching the TV, it was just the midwife getting the heartbeat that was very real. the sickness started after id been pregnant awhile. it gradually got worse. i was only actually sick once, i just wretched now and again, it wasnt that bad compared to others. i was paranoid in that cause it was twins i thought i should feel doubly sick!! it never ends i know. but i also took it as a good sign, cause with my miscarriage, i was really sick  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

#9 ·
besty -basically, the way i mostly got through it, was to pretend it was happening to somebody else  ;) :)

#10 ·
Hello ladies,

Do you mind if I join you?  I am on another couple of threads but thought maybe this one was a little more appropriate knowing what it is like to suffer a m/c and the anxiety and paranoia that goes with this.

I recognise some of you from other threads.  Hope you are all keeping well.

HD xx

#11 ·
livingthegoodlife - cant remember, was it you who's getting the silver cross one? if not, i need some linkage so i can have a look at said pram, and pretend im buying it haha! ah dh's are a law unto themselves  ::) Ah youre right, the first few months are defo the worst, i remember crying at work before my scan i think i was 8weeks, the pressure/stress was unbearable

lirac - somewhere else will have it surely have you tried kiddicare theyre fab. i got my buggy off preciouslittleone.com

sarahj - ahhh i remember its your goodself getting the silver cross intit. yeah the washing will be fine. i remember washing all the new clothes with fairy, complete waste of time i reckon! within no time once babies were here, im like "excellent, open the packet and put it on no ironing etc!!" but yeah just give them a hot wash if you like with softener that will be fine chick. All babies are bothered about when they come out is milk really!  ;D  im GUESSING but if it IS anything the discharge maybe a little bacterial infection or something they would prob just give you some anti biotics or something  ^hugme^

hbrodie - always something u forget hey

oohbabies crying.......

#12 ·
heartsdesire - welcome  :) ^hugme^

#14 ·
Hey all, welcome Heartsdesire  :)

Lirac - Shocking isn't it! who would have thought so much prep would go into what at first seems an easy thing to do  ^idiot^

SarahJ - Hi were having a Bugaboo cameleon in black, and the black and white leather changing bag, going to get some funky coloured blankets to make it more interesting. What did you get? Well done on being so organised. I hope the blood issue stops soon, I know its a worry as I've had it myself, I infact have a large ectropian, have they mentioned this to you?

Hbrodie - Hope you find the head support would drive me mad too! Quite shocked you would lose such a thing, you appear so well organised you put me to shame lol x

#15 ·
#16 ·
Thanks Avon Queen, HBroadie and Living The Good Life x

#17 ·
Thanks ladies!  Feeling a lot more positive today after bubs kept me up half the night with acrobatics!!

Sarah xx

#18 ·
Hi girlies,

Its busy on here today.

Sarah - Hope things have settled down for you now...  ^hugme^

Heartsdesire - Im new on this thread too but the other girls have made me realise that the anxiety is normal and I'm not going  ^idiot^ ^idiot^

LTGL - I had a nose at buggy just to be nosey  :-[, ouch at the price but I know what you mean about not caring!!

Ive just found Jed on the doppler so am a very happy bunny! xxxx

#19 ·
Shell - Well done on finding Jed great isn't it, may get mine out never gets boring  :)

#20 ·
LTGL - I can't find the damn thing!  :eek: ^bigbad^ I think I will blame DH  ;D he is bound to have moved it....I have tome to root about longer so I am sure it will turn up  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

shell - yay to finding jed on the doppler  ^hugme^

really quick from me as friend coming in a mo for a cuppa  ;) and dh hovvering for the pooter  ::)

saw the cons today. well, she was unavailable (again  ^bigbad^ ) but we saw her senior registrar who is lovely (and dishy  ;D ) and I saw him 2 weeks ago when I went to DAU for assessment. He remembered me (that says a lot  ::) ;D )
He answered all my questions - all 15! He rang the anaesthetist there and then and made us an appt to discuss my worries about pain relief and my BP issues (it plummets and I go really ill  :-\ ) so we see him 20th may  ;) he is arranging a growth scan for between now and when we next see the cons in 4 weeks time - no wrries re growth, just cos I said I feel huge but he said I am fine and he saw I was worried so he agreed a scan was fine  ;)
so, all in all a really good appointment. and we were in bang on time!

#21 ·
lirac - we have the Cherry for emily. It is in the original colour they did of beige and chocolate. It was either that or black and red which dh was not so keen on. Now they do lovely colours and I want a nice vibrant one  ::)  icandy are pricey but they r very very good buggies  ;)  our parents all chipped in for us too  :)
are you keeping your legs up when u r resting hun?

#22 ·
livingthegoodlife - OMG though thats ALOT for a bag!!!!!! Nice buggy though dont blame ya chick  ^hugme^ ;D

#24 ·
thanks for all your advice guys, secret happiness - I too have been allowing myself to have that :) :) :)

Scan next Friday ( 11 wks) unless I have another one on Sat privately ( Hubby trying to convince me to stay away from scan-olicism !!) X

#25 ·
Besty - I know what you mean about private scans, Im having one a week and in the early stages when I was bleeding 3 x a week!!! It makes us feel so much better doesn't it. (I had another one this morning!!)  :-[

Hi to everyone else, got to pop out to a meeting so will pop back to see whats going on later xx

#26 ·
hi all

betsy and shell - so long as your minds are put at ease I think it is fine to have the scans  ;)  do what ever you need to do to pacify yourselves - I mknow I would have had the flippin private scans not been £95 a go  ^bigbad^  but I managed to get into EPU twice for a scan....but they wouldn't let me just keep having them when I wanted, understandibly...I had no bleeding but others did thus needed my slots - but the worry is there and so much so that I convinced myself that I was doing my baby harm through all the worry  :-[

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.