* Author Topic: Just starting out on this journey  (Read 552 times)

0 Members

Offline AngelaR

• Un-Ranked
modify
Just starting out on this journey
« on: 23/07/10, 12:10 »
Hi - just found this section of the board and well I think I fit the cap so thought I'd pop on and say hi!  I'm 42, and only had my visit to my GP yesterday and have been referred (thank you!!!!).  My DP has a genetically caused low sperm count and despite trying ourselves for the last year, nothing is happening so we have to move it to the next stage. 

I know the chances of success are slim at my age and with the male factor but at least there is a chance and so it's now or never for me - got to give it a go and hope that I can be one of the small percentages.  Someone has to be - so why not me  ^reiki^  :)  We have discussed the donor route if need be.  I'm hoping that when we go for our first meeting at the clinic all the options will be put to us.

It's always good to hear success stories - they give us such hope and so I'm glad to have found this site.  It's all very emotional reading through though especially the stories of those who have tried and tried and failed.  But better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all. 

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline joanneci

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Re: Just starting out on this journey
    « Reply #1 on: 25/07/10, 11:39 »
    hi
    just to wish you the best of luck on your journey ...xx