Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting for Early Scans (2010) - Part 3

78K views 753 replies 78 participants last post by  ❁ BG2007 ❁ 
#1 ·
Waiting for 1st Scan (2010) - Part 3

Welcome ladies ^wave^ and congratulations ^afro^

Please post here whilst you are waiting for that all important first scan. When you feel comfortable and confident enough please proceed to the BFP threads, these threads are a great way to make the new friends that will join you in your future birth club threads ^goodluck^

Waiting for a First Scan

[csv]
Name,Tx,Scan Date,

suitcase of dreams, FET, 04/08/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
CAT_77, IVF, 05/08/10 ^baby^
minimay, IVF, 05/08/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
lucee27, ICSI, 10/08/10 ^baby^
judy620, FET, 11/08/10 ^baby^
waterlily241, FET, 11/08/10 ^baby^
Sarahob, IVF, 12/08/10 ^baby^
fluffywithteeth, ICSI, 13/08/10 ^baby^
gracey88, ICSI, 13/08/10 ^baby^
babylove, ICSI, 16/08/10 ^baby^
lucky173, ICSI, 19/08/10 ^baby^
charlie and lola, ICSI, 19/08/10 ^baby^
Irish*FF, DEIVF, 23/08/10 ^baby^
some1, DIUI, 23/08/10 ^baby^
Mandchris, FET, 23/08/10 ^baby^
mumoneday, , 24/08/10 ^baby^
emmamrsp, ICSI, 25/08/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
Jakoba, IVF, 26/08/10 ^baby^
jules3be, DEIVF, 27/08/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
*Specialmum*, Surrogacy,
nicki70, , 02/09/10 ^baby^
stephf10, , 06/09/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
Princess xx, Nat BFP, 06/09/10 ^baby^
joella30, IVF, 07/09/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
vicky82, ICSI, 07/09/10 ^baby^
amyeliz87, IVF , 10/09/10 ^angel^
fabizzy, Nat BFP, 10/09/10 ^baby^
HGG x, ICSI, 10/09/10
Lou1974,, 10/09/10 ^baby^
sazzy2212, , 10/09/10 ^baby^
sheenah, IUI, 13/09/10 ^baby^
penny c, Nat BFP, 13/09/10 ^angel^
doraspikes, ICSI, 14/09/10 ^baby^
bubblicous, Nat BFP, 15/09/10 ^baby^
Saski72, IVF, 15/09/10 ^angel^
gemma_29, ICSI, 16/09/10 ^baby^
victoriag, IVF, 16/09/10 ^angel^
Me and Her, IUI, 17/09/10 ^baby^
kirstenjane, ICSI, 20/09/10 ^baby^
Beth137, , 21/09/10
Kerrie_1975, DEIVF , 22/09/10 ^baby^ ^angel^
Reb S, IVF , 22/09/10
Mudpuffin,ICSI, 22/09/10
tv123, IVF,
MrsBuzby, ICSI, 23/09/10 ^baby^
lucky173, ICSI, 24/09/10 ^baby^
Jodes17, ICSI, 24/09/10 ^baby^
reb363, ICSI, 22/10/10 ^baby^
DaisyF, IVF, 27/09/10 ^baby^
jebby, ICSI , 30/09/10 ^angel^
Mimo, ICSI, 30/09/10 ^baby^
DEBBIEW, FET, 04/10/10
alamaya, , 05/10/10 ^baby^
pumpkin-pie, IVF, 06/10/10 ^baby^
glamis, Nat BFP, 07/10/10 ^baby^
sweetchilli, IVF, 08/10/10 ^baby^
btbam, IVF, 14/10/10
*laura*, IVF, 14/10/10
daxcat, Nat BFP, 15/10/10
mjp1977, , 19/10/10
mjp1977, Clomid, 19/10/10
Sam76, IVF, 21/10/10
Kitten 80, ICSI, 21/10/10
daisy-may, ICSI, 22/10/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
fiona_apple28, FET, 25/10/10
JazzaJazJaz, Nat BFP,
mummyT,
JWTBAM, Nat BFP,
juicy27,
K O L, ICSI,

[/csv]

Moving on to BFP threads
[csv]
Name,Tx,Scan Date,

Rusty06, DIVF, 02/07/10 ^baby^
kizzymouse, DIVF, 14/07/10 ^baby^
kerryflump, IVF, 16/07/10 ^baby^
NANA23, ICSI, 22/07/10 ^baby^ ^baby^
Aikybeats, Nat BFP, 27/07/10 ^baby^
suedulux, ICSI, 30/07/10 ^baby^

[/csv]

Dont forget to check out our due date and gestation calculator! : CLICK HERE

Please send me a pm if you would like to be added to the list : CLICK HERE

B xxx :-*

See less See more
#2 ·

Charter VIP Membership

Fertility Friends costs in excess of £300 a month to run and exists solely on Charter VIP subscriptions and member donations.

Tony (FF founder & developer) recently had to suspend all new Charter VIP membership BUT they have now been reactivated.

If you have received support here, I strongly urge you to give something back and sign up. If you can't afford this (or don't want to become a charter member) but want to make a donation to FF anyway, you can do so via paypal to payments@fertilityfriends.co.uk :)

It doesn't cost a lot but it means a great deal ...

£14.99 annual membership
£2.99 monthly membership

To sign up go to your profile, then actions, then paid subscriptions

Thank you​

#3 ·
If you want to read back over the last few posts in Part 2 click HERE

#4 ·
Hi BG my scan date will be 25/8/10

Jules

#5 ·
Bookmarking

#6 ·
Thanks Jules, you're all updated  :)

^reiki^

B xxx :-*

#7 ·
Bookmarking
gl for the scans tomorrow  ^reiki^

#10 ·
I felt I had to add to this thread after seeing sparklez post.  I am in a very similar situation (the second part of my story). 

I had ICSI, one embryo trf'd (though I wanted two but getting to ET was a nightmare let alone anything else that has happened).  Got a BFP on 4th July, had my first scan two weeks later on the 19th July.  They couldn't find anything.  It was awful.  I then had to have some HCG blood tests - the one on the 19th was 398.98 and the second one on the 21st was 411.02.  Now after being convinced I was having yet another miscarriage, I'm now told that they suspect an ectopic.

Anyhow, my clinic didn't want to leave it at that and told me to get an appointment at my local EPAC (clinic is in Nottingham, I'm in Kent).  So a week after my last HCG I get my second scan on the 28th July.  Amazingly they found something.  A gestational sac, a yolk sac, a fetal pole and a heartbeat - all in the right place.  A slow heartbeat though which makes me concerned.  The fetal pole was also only 3mm - the hospital thought I was 7wks+2 at that time while the clinic thought I was 8wks so either way very small.  I need to go back on the 11th August to see if there has been any development.

At the moment I'm spotting brown blood, have been for 3 days, which isn't good so I'm terrified as every now and then there are a couple of spots of red.  I know whatever happens will happen but it doesn't make it any easier.  Also doesn't help that in two weeks we are staying in France with friends and all their children.  If I lose this I don't know how I'm going to cope with that - it's difficult as it is having been TTC for 6 1/2 years.

I know I don't have any good news story or an outcome either way but I just wanted sparklez to know that someone else was in a similar situation.

#12 ·
^hugme^ ^reiki^
spring i will be thinking of u and hope the lil one has caught up

how are you suitcase?? i am 5 weeks today lol a bit early to count i know but each day is a milestone for me, scan next friday and cant wait just praying all is ok in there! hope i haveatleast 1 lil bean in there.

hello to everyone else waiting for scans and good luck  ;D

gracey xx

#13 ·
Hi gracey,

I'm OK. Feeling a bit cr*p today - not exactly sick but def queasy with mild headache and very tired....suppose I should be pleased in a way as that suggests there's something going on in there! I'm 5+5 today, scan on Weds so we'll see  ^pray^ ^pray^

Suitcase
x

#16 ·
Thanks And,Jules and Suitcase for your advise on this matter.
I called up the clinic this morning and decided to re-schedule the first scan appt to 19th Aug instead of 11th Aug.I will be exactly 7 weeks preggers then.

BG2007, could you please update my first scan for 19th Aug.

Thanks.

#17 ·
Hi girls, I will be joining you all on the dreaded wait.

I had a light bleed last night, very light and only on tissue paper but dear lord it is so worrying to see it. I have brown thick mucus everytime I wipe today, It was bright red last night. Kind of watery looking. I'm 9dp5dt. My first beta result will be in later this evening.

I know a few here already, good luck Kizzy and Suity this week with your scans  ;)

My first scan is 23rd Aug, 7 weeks to the day.

#18 ·
lucky - good idea, hope the wait until the 19th flies by  :)

hello Irish  :)  I've not had anything red, but definitely the brown mucus thing....last Weds and again Saturday, seems to come and go. Googled and apparently it's very common so hopefully nothing bad. I feel cr*p at the moment though - tired, constipated, queasy and generally just yuk...I'm sure this a good sign but I also hope it doesn't last for the next 6 weeks.....
Good luck for your beta - levels must be strong to get BFP 8dp5dt - didn't get mine until 10 days and my HCG was 650 on day 11....

Suitcase
x

#19 ·
heya judy i have got my first scan on the 13th, hope u r well with it all.

soz to hear u r feeling not so good but like u say wud prob panic if nothing was happening!!

xx

#20 ·
Hi everyone,

Spring123 - thank you for thinking of me.. I'm sorry that you are in a similar position to me, and I'm very sorry that I dont bring good news with my following story, BUT remember everyone is different so please dont get disheartened when you read on... x x ^pray^ x x

AFM .......
Unfortunately we spent five hours in our local A+E last night, cos I had red bleedling with clots. After blood and wee tests, (found out I have a UTI) they advised me that (TMI) the clot I passed (which I was advised to take with me) wasnt "that much" and because it was a sunday evening their early scan unit wasnt open so I had to go back in the morning....

...We saw the sonographer at 2.30pm today and (although she was not very thorough or very pleasant!?) the sac and everything is still in place but sadly it hasnt grown at all and she couldnt detect a heartbeat.
she seemed very keen to discuss "our options" to "get rid" and wasnt very caring..

So... After speaking to the lovely Nurse at our clinic (Care Notts), we are keeping out scan appt on weds to confirm what we already know and then we will also see the Consultatant too.

Sounds daft - but I feel better for knowing now - it wasnt meant to be

x x x x

#21 ·
sparklez - I am so sorry to hear about your news  :'( I hope you are ok and wed gives you some closure  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Irish - I hope your HCG level came back with nice high numbers  ^reiki^

suitcase - those sound like positive early preg symptoms. Relish them!  :)

Lucky - good call for putting the scan back. It would be so worrying to not see a heartbeat, at least now you can relax and when you get the scan it will be reassuring

Judy - hi, hope your wait for your scan is going quickly

Gracey - I saw 5 weeks as a milestone, then the CB digital going up a week, then 6 weeks, now its the wait for the scan....

Spring - keeping everything crossed that everything will be ok

BG2007 - my 1st scan is actually 5/8/10 now (its a sneaky wee NHS scan) I'll still have the scan at my clinic on 12/8 but felt I couldnt wait till I was nearly 8wks for an initial scan!

afm, 3 sleeps till scan day. excited but equally nervous. I think i am def more tired than normal and can almost convince myself that (.)(.) feel sl fuller.... migth all be in my head though. Def no MS yet which I suppose I am quite grateful about  :)
Hope everyone is well and not going too  ^idiot^

#22 ·
Good Evening Everyone

I spend all day at work and then there is so much to catch up on on here. So all in all  ^Cuddle^ for all those who need a bit of TLC and  ^fairydust^ and good luck for all those waiting for their 1st scan.

AFM - I have been eating liquorice like its the best thing ever. I like it, thought it was healthy and you know it helps keep you regular. Then I read today that its not recommend in pregnancy so I am panicking now and worried I might have done some damage. Just keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be ok when I go for my 1st scan on Thurs. Only a few days to go now and excited, scarred and nervous all at the same time.

Is everyone else feeling the same ? Or has anyone heard similar things about liquorice ?

Thanks Everyone

Love

cat

#23 ·
bookmarking x

#24 ·
Sparklez - So sorry to hear about your mc. Your experience was very similar to my mc in 2007 when I saw 2 hb followed by a missed mc at 8 weeks. I too had an extra confirmation scan before deciding to have an ERPC. My thoughts are with you because no words can describe how you are feeling. All i can say is time will heal. ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Cat - I havent heard anything about licourice so not sure i can give you any advice. All i know is there are so many ladies who dont find out they are pg as soon as we all have and dont have any probs so dont think you should worry too much. :)

Minimay - Good luck with your scan. ^reiki^

Irish - Congrats on your BFP

Lucky - I think your decision to postpone your scan was a good idea. When i had my mc 3 years ago i did see a hb at 5weeks 4 days however my first scan at 5 weeks showed nothing and caused a lot of worry early on. Although you will have longer to wait it will be worth it when you see the lovely hb :)

Spring - ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ I hope your next scan brings positive news. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Fluffy, Suitcase, Gracey, waterlily, judy, Sarahob & anyone else i have missed -
and
for scan dates.

AFM - I am officially 6 weeks pg today - yippee. Only 1 more week to go till my scan. It cant go quick enough. I rang the clinic yesterday to ask about my ovarie twinges and was informed it is totally normal so mind was put at rest. Also have an infection in one of the stitches in my belly button from the ZIFT embryo transfer so doctor has prescribed more antibiotics this morning. Felt a bit queasy the last 2 days. In fact my symptoms are pretty similar to those described by suitcase. All good i suppose. ;D ;) ;D

Love Lucy xx

#25 ·
Yes Fluffy you are right.It feels the putting the scan forward was a good idea in the end.Thanks Mini and suitcase for kinid words.

Suitcase and Minimay good luck with your scan,hope it all goes well.

Lucee 6 weeks is milestone for you! such a lovely feelig I guess.I am counting days for loads of milestones in the future.

Irish,how are you feeling?Hope the bleeing is settled by now?

hOPE EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING JUST WELL.

LUCKY

#26 ·
Sparklez, I am so sorry to hear about your MC. I hope things went well with Care today. xxx

Lucky, my spotting stopped. It's just a light brown mucus every now and then. I am on constant knicker watch at the moment!

My beta results for 9dp5dt was 150. I am having a second beta tomorrow and praying so much that they have doubled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.