* Author Topic: Osborne's 1st IVF (ICSI); BFP!!! Surprise natural BFP!  (Read 7753 times)

0 Members

Offline osborne

modify
Re: Osborne's 1st IVF
« Reply #10 on: 30/10/10, 20:41 »
Saturday 30/10/10

good evening... clinic day today so had my blood taken at 8am, thankfully just the one attempt in my hand again!

as it's Saturday, we didn't see my usual doctor for the scan/blood results; it was the same one as last Saturday though and she's nice and very informative. Dr explained straight away that having (already) reviewed my blood test ec would have to be brought forward to Monday 1st, this was due to my Estradiol level being 3416 when their safe level is a maximum of 3500  :o

the scan revealed I had at least 7 follies on the left measuring up to 22mm, 5 on the right measuring up to 17mm. lining is now 10mm so I'm happy  :)

so, no more menopur but this evening although I do have one 250 pre loaded syringe of Ovitrelle to jab myself with come 00:30 (present time, trust my trigger shot to happen when the clocks go back - confusing!!!  ^idiot^ ).

the ec is booked for 11:30 am on Monday and we have to be at the clinic half an hour beforehand. my clinic always give you a ga for ec which is fine by me  ;D 

i've also been prescribed Unidox Solutab Doxycyclinum which are antibiotics which I start taking tomorrow and 2 types of progesterone (3 tablets vaginally daily called Luteina manufactured by Adamed & 3 tablets daily orally called Duphaston manufactured by Solvay Pharmaceuticals) - the progesterones will be taken every day until pregnancy test.

for the ec I have to fast 6 hours before I go under

DH also has to attend clinic the same time as me for ec in order to make his donation  ;)

my treatment schedule shows transfer as wedneday however I could have sworn she said Thursday; we will find out Monday I'm sure!

all going to plan, they will transfer 2 embies if they're top grade else if not they'll transfer 3  :o  - have to say I'm not familiar with the gradings and what they mean, obviously the higher the grade the better but we'll be guided by the experts. the clinic will freeze any viable embryos not used in this cycle. pregnancy test should be carried out 2 weeks after the date of et I was advised.

think that's it... 3 hours 'til trigger shot (decided to leave the air bubble in having unwrapped it earlier, panicked when I saw an air gap in the syringe then googled it all afternoon - those of you who have used it yourselves will no doubt understand where I'm coming from?!!)

signing off for now... x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline osborne

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 1/11/10, 15:31 »
    Monday 01/11/10

phew, thank goodness that's over... in fact, it was over in about 20 minutes in terms of how long I was out for the count  ;D  had to be at clinic for 11 am with a view to ec starting at 11:30, we're always early as prefer to have some time rather than have to dash about! had a sleepless night last night and lots of odd dreams  ^idiot^ and very anxious this morning.

got checked in by the nurse then dh off to go and do his thing, fingers crossed they're super Happy Sperm Happy Sperm  Happy Sperm haha! then I was off to get changed into a rather fetching blue gown and slippers! once all the consents were done & my line was in (2nd time lucky grrrr - hate my veins!  ^eyes^ ), it was all systems go.

as I say, over very quickly and was on my feet getting changed after 10 minutes of waking up!

we have... 14 eggs which we're extremely  :) :) :)  about... fingers crossed we get some good results in terms of them fertilising  ^pray^ 

we paid for the IVF package today after ec which covers the stimulation monitoring, bloods, ec & et, we also had to pay the cost of freezing any extra embryo's (should we be so lucky) and for the 1st years storage which costs around 120 (it'll be refunded if there aren't any to freeze on Thursday). I feel fine in myself, not even had a sleep yet and took the tube back to the hotel.

we're having our transfer on Thursday 4th and fly home on 5th.... next post Thursday xx

Offline osborne

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 4/11/10, 15:59 »
    Thursday 4/11/10

after an anxious wait since Monday's ec, we were told today that of our 14 eggs, 9 had fertilised!!!  ^pompom^  turns out we had ICSI (didn't know that until today!) as there was an issue with motility on the day in question although in all other samples the swimmers have been on tip top form  ^idiot^ ... we're just happy they did what they needed to do to get that result  :)

we had 2 top grade embryo's transferred about 1pm local time; the actual et took abour 5 minutes but it's the waiting around with full bladder that's hard going  :-\  I did let some out whilst I waited (ha, just read that back - I'll add that I did do this in the loo!!) but still had the required amount  ;)

after et, you're wheeled out of the theatre back into a recovery room (same ones used for ec) and have to wait 10 minutes before getting up for a wee ^eyes^  - they were a long 10 minutes I can tell you!!! then after your wee, you're to lay back down again for at least 15 minutes.

so that's it... test date is 16th November plus I also have to get a beta HCG blood test and email the results to the Dr. all feels rather surreal, there's so many points where an IVF cycle can fail, it's been one step at a time and I'm so relieved we made it to this point today which DH & I feel was the best news!... onwards and upwards to the  ^2ww^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  (can you tell I've found the additional smilies?!!!)

Offline osborne

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 7/11/10, 17:17 »
    Sunday 07/11/10

we're back in the UK now, got back Friday evening. sadly DH is back to work tomorrow - I shall miss him  ^eyes^ . my work have been very supportive and for the 2ww several measures are in place to ensure no work stress  :)

got a few things planned in the week to take my mind off the 2ww however the craziness has already started - had a couple of shooting sensations yesterday evening in the right side and also the dullness I usually feel a week before AF starts most of today and lumpy (.)(.) ... although I know many women report feeling sure their AF will arrive go on to get a BFP -  we do just have to wait it out rather than symptom analyse, it still plays on your mind that it might not have worked though.... DH is his usual positive self dispite my  :'(  this morning!

still munching the brazils and downing the pineapple juice and trying to  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 

please let it be our turn  ^pray^ 

Offline osborne

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 8/11/10, 20:47 »
    Monday 8th November 2010

It was back to work today, couldn't have asked for more work wise as current project enables me to remain stress free  :) !!!

Despite telling myself not to read into the AF symptoms last night, couldn't help getting upset about it all; I'm so frightened that it will fail... DH tried talking sense into me - I am lucky to have him and feel bad he has to so often reassure me when he must be feeling the same - thank you for always being there DH  :-* .

This morning, continued to have AF type pain on and off then for the afternoon shooting sensations in the right side... this evening back to the AF pain but less frequent. Totally plays tricks on your mind  ^idiot^
    Fingers crossed this time next week we are still AF free as a week tomorrow is OTD  ^No AF^

night for now...

Offline osborne

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 11/11/10, 21:53 »
    Thursday 11th November 2010

Just wanted to update to ensure I had a record of symptoms...

Since Sunday until yesterday afternoon been having pretty much constant period pain, stonger in the early hours of the morning. (.Y.)'s very hard/lumpty/tender.

As of yesterday afternoon period pain vanished and instead had much more minimal sensations every so often. This morning I was sitting down with my laptop and had 2 sharp pains one after the other in the left side which made me "ouch" out loud?! Absolutely no feelings at all til about 3pm today then back to minimal sensations every now and then. (.Y.)'s much softer and less tender. Also been getting itching sensation in area under my belly button.... not sure what it all means!! last night didn't sleep too well (again!), restless legs and sooo hot in bed!!!

Only 4 more days to get through... hope we make it through to test day and our dreams come true.  ^pray^

Offline osborne

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 13/11/10, 19:29 »
    Saturday 13th November 2010

Evening diary, adding an entry just on how things have been last couple of days; to anyone reading this, good luck to you on your journey and I warn you now, there will be TMI!  :o

Been all over the place really, very up & down - feeling the same as Thursday's entry really... this morning mild period pains followed by none at all, (.Y.)'s lumpy to start with this morning then the lumpiness goes, today is the least tender they've been since we started this cycle so hoping that's not a bad sign  ^pray^ .

This afternoon all of a sudden, felt AF had arrived - I dashed off right away for an emergency knicker check but all was well, just had alot of watery stuff (I did warn you it was TMI!!!). This happened again earlier this evening but then I've also just had a really bad AF type cramp in my right side going round to my back (lasted about 15 seconds). Hoping AF isn't on her way  ^noAF2^

Have had a fuzzy head come and go and had a bit of dizzyness last couple of days and felt a bit sick this afternoon - all down to the drugs I would imagine and possibly not drinking enough water - don't want to read anything more into it as my body has a way of letting me down on these things in the past when I get my hopes up  ^eyes^

I have been moody today from the moment I woke up, I'm very tired as not sleeping well at night and as we draw closer to test day I'm scared we'll a) not make it to test & b) the test will be a BFN - as you can see from the massive paragraphs above, every little "symptom" is analysed and recorded in my mind... DH took me shopping today to take our minds off it, worked some of the time but then I'd feel and AF type pain and of course your mind goes wandering again.... it really does drive you  ^idiot^

I have been very good; I read somewhere this week that HCG should be detectable from today and with my fluctuating "symptoms" I might just have been tempted to test however, despite living 2 minutes walk from Boots there are no pee sticks in this house ha! don't want to temp fate so going to hold off buying one until Thursday night  ^police^  (talking of fate, I've touched enough wood to build my own log cabin & must look like I have a nervous twitch the amount of saluting I'm doing at the many magpies around!  ;D )
    3 more sleeps to get to test day, I pray we make it and try to keep  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 

Offline osborne

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 16/11/10, 21:45 »
    Tuesday 16th November 2010: OTD!

I cannot believe I'm typing this but this morning at 5:30am, our Clearblue digital said these words: Pregnant 2 - 3 big fat pos

I've not updated diary before today as I felt AF was on it's way big time! I have had some dizzy spells but had just put that down to the meds.

I had a beta HCG blood test today; results tomorrow at which point I also need to arrange a scan for when I'll be 7 weeks to see if everything is o.k and how many there are!!!

We've waited 7 long years for today; never having had a positive test before, it was amazing and I wanted to tell my family face to face (I live an hours drive away though!!) as such a long time coming!! - forgot my Mum had been reading my diary so she'd already sussed (I tried telling her the test was 19th ha!)

So, I'm going to keep on the brazil nuts and pineapple juice plus still taking progesterone until clinic tells me to stop!

I know it's very early days but I never ever EVER thought we'd see this day and after our 1st attempt - we are so very lucky.

I'm seeing my close friends on Thursday (they think my test is Friday) so I'm going to enjoy delivering the good news - again, such a long time coming and I'm the last one to have kids!(touch wood re the beta HCG).

Thanks to those of you who have been following my journey and for the lovely PM's - good luck to you all and may your dreams come true: I feel I can now say this - never give up xx

ps, Mum, if you're reading this - what a day eh!! of course you can get your knitting needles out!! amazing, we're so happy - pray all is well for the next stage of our journey xx

Offline osborne

modify
    Re: Osborne's 1st IVF - It's a BFP!!!
    « Reply #18 on: 17/11/10, 21:15 »
    Wednesday November 17th 2010

Ahh, the digital test result only lasts a day... I couldn't stop looking at it all day yesterday!!! I did take another cheapy Asda one though this morning and thankfully 2 lines came up - think I'll be testing regularly until we have the scan, am I mad?!  ^idiot^

I called the Doctors today for my Beta HCG; I was very anxious to receive it as back up really to the test but as usual getting past the surgery receptionists took 6 hours! I wish I could continue with the clinic I had the treatment at however, we like in the UK and the clinic isn't in the UK! when I did eventually speak to the Dr she was great, HCG taken yesterday was 131 which is fine, she's going to refer me to the early pregnancy clinic for a scan at around 7 weeks.

My consultant abroad said I could stop all medications now I have a positive result but seeing so many women continue to take progesterone up to 12 weeks I asked what she thought about continuing it; she has said there is no harm continuing and if I feel safer doing so then I should - thankfully when I relayed this to my GP today she was happy to prescribe Cyclogest when I run out of my supply.

So, sit tight now hoping our embie(s!!) stay put and grow nicely... as for how I'm feeling, well yesterday & today I've had a bad headache over my right eye, I have the taste and sensation at the back of my throat that you get after waking up from an anethestic, few dizzy spells & loss of appetite... bring on the symptoms I say  ;)

I'm telling my close friends tomorrow, can't wait - they'll be over the moon for me I know as I'm the last one to have any kids and they been with me all the way.

Sure I'll update in a couple of days; in the mean time little beans stay put please - mummy & daddy already love you x

Offline osborne

modify
    Re: Osborne's 1st IVF - It's a BFP!!!
    « Reply #19 on: 22/11/10, 21:37 »
    Monday 22nd November 2010

thought I'd update; the GP got my dates wrong as she was going on last period however, because of the IVF they should mark me as 2 weeks pregnant as at the day of egg collection so, as of today I am 5 weeks pregnant. GP has referred me (effortlessly) to the early pregnancy unit (EPU) because we had IVF, my scan is 1 week today on 29th - I'm excited but scared too - we have come so far, I don't know what we'd do if it were bad news :'(  but lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

as for how I'm feeling; my (.Y.) have been lumpy & tender past couple of days and are definately swollen (had to buy new undies!)... get the odd wave of dizziness and lost my appetite and thought I felt a bit queezy last night and this morning but not sure if I'm imagining it!!! also been having sensations similar to period pain but not pain more aching, woke up last 2 nights around 4am starving hungry!!

was back in the office today for the first time in a month; no stress at all - work have been fabulous. The hours did drag and when I got home I was so tired I knodded off on the sofa!

I'll post again after Monday's scan where we pray for good news -  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Thank you to those of you reading my diary & good luck on your own journeys  ^hugme^ xx