* Author Topic: Telling the child and other people, Chat/Support thread  (Read 186216 times)

0 Members

Offline kerryflump

• me 31 dp 33
modify
Re: Telling the child, Chat/Support thread
« Reply #50 on: 31/10/10, 23:50 »
hi ladies, just wanted to say good luck to all still following your dream and congratulations to those lucky ladies who already made it.I have 1 son to ivf and am currently 23 wks pregnant to our daughter to be. I es last sept my cycle was negative but was indecated it was a good cycle for my recipiant so happy for them i sent them a card wishing them all the luck in the world and recieved a beatiful card back which i will always keep.I also donated on this last cycle to and i hope it worked for them as it did me, to be able to do this for people is an amazing feelingto know that you have given someone else the chance of feeling what i do about my special son and daughter to be is just heart melting and im so proud to be able to do this.as soon as my children are older to understand i will be telling them everything about how they concieved and what i did to help others and i also intend to find out if any child is born from my gift so i can tell them about there siblings.as for sperm donors with no fertility issues they could also be the partner of someone going through ivf and donating the sperm to reduce there costs i know they do this at my clinic in hull.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ♥ Mighty Mini ♥

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 1/11/10, 09:24 »
    what a lovely story  ^hugme^  Its so nice to hear the other side it. I wish i could write to our donor and tell him how grateful we are to him. Our boy is a dream come true, me DH love him so much, and i think hes a daddys boy  ::) ::) ;D

Offline Spaykay

• Gold Member
    • May everyone be as lucky as me!
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 1/11/10, 09:49 »
    kerryflump - thank you for sharing that. ((()))

Kay xxx

Offline olivia m

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 4/11/10, 17:56 »
    Hi Everyone
    Thought you might like to read this commentary on Donor Conceived Individuals Right to Know...it's from the US

http://www.thehastingscenter.org/Bioethicsforum/Post.aspx?id=4811&blogid=140

Olivia

/links

Offline Spaykay

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 4/11/10, 20:25 »
    Gosh - I thought that most people WOULD tell their children, don't know why I thought that.

Kay xxx

Offline daisyg

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 4/11/10, 21:27 »
    Spaykay,

I have been a member of a US donor egg board for some years and it is very common for parents to be absolutely no tell (and to outnumber those in the tell camp from my anecdotal experience).  There is no equivalent organisation to the DCN in the States and there is very little support and information for those people doing DE in the US.  It really amazes me.  Of course there are many, many people in the tell camp as well and also access to publications about being a DE parent/child, but no nationwide access to groups of other DE parents or workshops to discuss telling.

I find it very interesting that we do seem to have more support in the UK in this regard.

Best
    Daisy
    xx

Offline Bloofuss

• Gold Member
    • Ma Boy
    modify
    « Reply #56 on: 6/11/10, 00:38 »
    Thank you Kerryflump for sharing that with us such lovely words - I also wrote an anon card to our Donor thanking her for what she made possible for us - so it is nice to hear that this is apprecaited and that donors are happy to share stories with their own siblings.  I sometimes feel that I gave up TOO soon on usimng my own eggs and went for the DE option but then I think if we hadn't gone down this route I wouldnt have my DS and he wouldnt be who he is today

Bloo x

Offline LiziBee

• Mummy to miracles!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    • Leicester Royal Infirmary
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 7/11/10, 19:46 »
    I find it very interesting that we do seem to have more support in the UK in this regard.
    I think we have a lot to thank Olivia, Walter and their friends for, without them I think the UK could well be in the same position.
    Lizi.x

Offline olivia m

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #58 on: 7/11/10, 22:22 »
    Thank you.  I'm really touched. We just had a great two days at the Fertility Show with the DCN stand being inundated with people seeking support and guidance around donor conception.  It truly feels a privilege to try and help.
    Olivia

Offline Spaykay

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #59 on: 8/11/10, 19:17 »
    Olivia - wish we had the same in SPain!

Kay xxx