* Author Topic: Telling the child and other people, Chat/Support thread  (Read 186219 times)

0 Members

Offline drownedgirl

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Telling the child, Chat/Support thread
« Reply #90 on: 24/01/11, 11:20 »
BOOKMARKING

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Spaykay

• Gold Member
    • May everyone be as lucky as me!
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 24/01/11, 19:22 »
    yup, but some people don't quite understand donor eggs :(

Offline LiziBee

• Mummy to miracles!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    • Leicester Royal Infirmary
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 25/01/11, 13:42 »
    wishing4miracle - (((hugs)))) you and all donors give the most wonderful gift.
    Yxx - the book has text on one page and pictures on the other so if you don't like the words it is very easy to stick your own over the top.

I too prefer the girls to think of themselves as normal and try to avoid 'special' but the number of people who want you to call them special ::)

Lizi.x

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    • Shirley Oaks has made my dreams come true
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 25/01/11, 20:13 »
    Hi girls,

Am on my phone so can't quote but I've had some really shocking news re my donor. Would you mind having a read of my post in the ask a lawyer part, it's called donor sperm error!!! Just would like some advice,

Thanks

Offline olivia m

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 26/01/11, 08:29 »
    Hi Juju
    What a horrible mess-up by HFEA and clinics involved and what a real shock for you.  I suspect your only recourse would be to get the recruiting clinic (via importing clinic) to contact the donor, explain what has happened and ask if he would be willing to be identifiable for your son (and possibly siblings)... but to be honest I wouldn't necessarily hold out much hope.  Thinking of the future as well, you really only want a donor to be identifiable if they have genuinely chosen this way to donate and are likely to receive enquiries from offspring with interest and openness.
    Natalie mentioned contacting DC Network and I would certainly be very happy to talk things over with you via PM on FF, email to [email protected] or by ringing our office on 020 7278 2608.
    Take care
    Olivia

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 26/01/11, 09:14 »
    Thanks Olivia,

Will pm you. Just wondered if we wanted to take this further would we have a case. We've not even received a letter of apology. I feel Noah should be compensated somehow. It's disgusting and has taken his right away  :'( xxx

Offline ♥ Mighty Mini ♥

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 26/01/11, 13:33 »
    Ju - Like i've said before, don't let this lie. Someone made a massive error and its the LO that suffers. You have a BIG case you need to fight it. I'll help with anything you need etc?  ^hugme^

Offline juju81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 26/01/11, 13:41 »
    I don't know where to start   :'(  :'(

Offline ♥ Mighty Mini ♥

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 26/01/11, 13:52 »
    You need to get help from a solicitor, a lot see you for free for 1st hour. Get some advice from DCN, get all the info, HFEA, clinic etc, They can't get away with this. Even if donor  refuses to becone open at least the clinic or whoever will have to answer for what happedn and make sure it doesn't happen again.  ^bigbad^  Don' let them brush it under the carpet.  ^bigbad^ A few legal letters will ruffle a few feathers!  ;D

Do it for LO.  ^hugme^

Offline dochinka99

modify
    « Reply #99 on: 27/01/11, 19:38 »
    I made this posting over a  year ago
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=29148.msg3463180#msg3463180

for any new comers and debating the idea,  here is what happened to me.

Using donor sibling registry,  I found my daughter's half sister. She lives 4 blocks away from my parents!  Fortunately, my daughter and I live much further away.  But this brought the fear in my head..what happens if she didn't know.    Granted it is two half sisters,  but it could have been a brother and they could have met...

This is a reminder to everyone that sharing this information is important.