* Author Topic: Jo's 1st FET  (Read 74934 times)

0 Members

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
  • Praying that we will get our miracle one day xx
modify
Re: Jo's 1st FET
« Reply #100 on: 15/02/12, 04:51 »
9dp5dt

Yes - that is the time - I am awake - again!!  Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

The timeline says that HCG levels should be high enough to detect on a HPT today........hmmmmm........our embies were a little errr 'slow' so I'm not convinced ours would be yet!!

Nothing to report really - just the same feeling hot and bothered still, boobs are a little sore now - again this is not unusual for me as I get this when AF is about to show.

We had a lovely evening last night for valentines day - we had a take out curry which we haven't had in sooooooooooo long - mmmmmmmmmm - i just had chicken byriani as its v mild and didn't want anything really spicy at the moment........

I will update again later on today if there is anything to report :)

Jo xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 16/02/12, 18:47 »
    10dp5dt

Soooooooooo - i had a blood test today - Kev called the clinic for me this morning to see when we could go in and they said today - we go there for 10am and then have literally waited the whole day - as in till about 4.30pm for the call.

Its a positive - yes a positive - albeit a v v v v v v v low positive (things would never be straight forward for me!!) with v v v v v low beta levels of just 19 - but a positive all the same.

We are not getting our hopes up as we are well aware this isn't a good level but we are over the moon that we have gotten a step closer to our dream again with this cycle.

We have to go back in on Monday for another blood test to see if the levels are increasing so fingers crossed they are but for the weekend we are just going to enjoy the fact that we have our very first official positive.

Come on 2012!!!

Jo xxxx

PS - still no symptoms although i guess levels are so low that they wouldn't cause any symptoms yet anyway!

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 17/02/12, 14:43 »
    11dp5dt

The more I think about it the more I actually think i am running my diary a day in front of where we actually are - seeing as we had such a late transfer i am wondering if really we are 10 days past today rather than 11 - anyway - don't suppose it matters - well it didn't until we got the low beta and now thats all i can think about!! hahaha

So i'm feeling really well today - just tired due to another nights broken sleep - yes - the night sweats again.

I am feeling more positive that our levels could go up - well i have been positive all the way through and its got me to here so i am going to remain positive this weekend and see what happens on Monday - if its not to be then its not to be but i'm not going to give up hope - or talking to my tummy!! :)

Lack of symptoms does concern me but i have done enough googling to know that plenty of ladies don't have any symptoms at all so again - going to try and not worry too much about it.

Off to lunch tmrw with my best friend and her two children who i adore so really looking forward to seeing them - although there will be no picking them up this time although i might manage some party dancing hahaha,

Jo xxxx

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 18/02/12, 08:13 »
    12dp5dt

Thought I would update early today as we are out for lunch and might not get home till late.  Saying that - still nothing to report - no symptoms and still feeling fine.  Still praying Monday will bring us good news.  Kev is really positive still which is good and so am I but still trying to not get my hopes up either as I am painfully aware how much of a long shot this is given our beta numbers.

Jo xxxx

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #104 on: 19/02/12, 08:53 »
    13dp5dt

We had a lovely day yesterday with my bestest and her two little ones - although I have to say I got home and was so so so worn out.  I had a bit of a better nights sleep (in between 3 toilet trips and a night sweat - again!) and have woken up feeling tired still.

I am don't really know how i feel about the blood test tomorrow - worried, nervous, a bit excited - but mostly scared........

I feel fine still - although i did have a couple of quite strong cramps last night they went form the front of my tummy to my back and lasted about 15 seconds or so and then i felt fine again! just praying its the little one growing in there but i guess it could just as easily be AF getting ready to come - grow baby grow!!!!!

Jo xxxx

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 20/02/12, 15:48 »
    14dp5dt - or should I say 3 weeks 6 days!!

We went to have bloods this morning at about 10.30am.  I have been feeling a bit yuck all day and had convinced myself that the levels were going to go down rather than up - that is until the clinic called - they went up 7 times so they are happy with them and I have my first scan booked on the 7th March.

We are over the moon but still well aware its early days - its been a long 6 years to get here so i'm going to try and relax and enjoy it and pray for a healthy and happy nine months.

I also did my HPT this afternoon and got my very first official positive - the lines came up straight away  - no waiting around and no tilting towards the light required!!

I have my scan booked for 9am on the 7th March and have my next batch of intralipids this Wednesday!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Jo xxx

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #106 on: 21/02/12, 08:04 »
    4 Weeks (WOW!)

I never thought I would see myself type in terms of weeks rather than days past transfer!  I am feeling excited and scared all at the same time but whatever the outcome of all this I am determined to enjoy it - for however long it lasts for (hopefully 35 more weeks!).

So in between 3 toilet trips and a night sweat last night I tried to think back to see what symptoms I had - now for those of you who have been reading my diary you will know that I was concerned with a distinct lack of symptoms - I didn't even have any from the trigger shot this time!  So there were only 2 things that made me stop over the last 2 weeks to think 'oh maybe' just for a second they were:

1) at 6dp5dt - I blew my nose and there was a little blood - strange
    2) for about 2-3 days last week I had heartburn after everything I ate - I only ever remember getting heartburn on my last cycle - the one with the suspected implantation so that made me stop for a second too.

Apart from that nothing - since my blood test on thursday my boobs are a little sore - but nothing like I would have expected and I have also been getting a metallic taste in my mouth - I remember having this when I was on metformin too so it could be unrelated but I have read that it is a symptom - apart from that I have had absolutely nothing that couldn't be associated with the progesterone - such as the needing to pee 3-4 times - but only at night?!?

So there we go - all those hours spent googling symptoms on each of my cycles - praying that i was getting them - and when it does happen i get nothing.

There were a number of things I did differently this cycle:
    1) Time off work
    2) Vit supplements
    3) Intralipids
    4) Higher dose steroids
    5) Higher dose of progesterone

I also:

6) Listened to Zita West visualisation CD twice a day
    7) I wear something orange every day
    8 ) Wore my rose quartz on my charm bracelet every day (added a turtle after my BPF on thursday too!)
    9) I was also no where near as strict with my eating this time - normally i wouldn't dream of having any chocolate at all but this time i have allowed myself a little.

So it could have been one of those or a combination of those or the fact that we are just with the best clinic in the world......EVER!!

I feel so content at the moment and just pray that this is it now - we have come this far and i am going to continue to be positive (despite the low numbers) the clinic is obviously not worried hence not wanting to do another blood test. 

Looking forward to my intralipids tomorrow - didn't think i would hear myself say that hahaha but I am glad they are doing them so quickly - I bet I cry when I walk in - not that that is unusual for me - i quite often cry when i'm there but it will be different this time......

Jo xxx

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 22/02/12, 17:07 »
    4 Weeks 1 day

I officially hate HPT's!!!  I decided to do the one the clinic gave me this morning - bad move!! the line came up and was quite bold but wasn't as dark as the control line - the instructions say that it should be!!  After a lot of crying Kev called our Dr and she reassured us not to worry and that there was a line and it wasn't faint so there was nothing to worry about.

We went to the clinic for my second set of intralipids - ouchy on my hand again!!  Our Dr came and saw us and said said not to worry about the HPT - she said that its just a line and not to worry about the colour and that our levels had risen really well.  I mentioned my lack of symptoms and she smiled and said i won't have yet as its too early so that made me feel a bit better too.

Last night I woke at about half four with really bad heartburn - really bad - kev went and got me a cup of milk and it seemed to ease it which is good - i also just ate a biscuit and got it again so i am having a drink now to try and calm it down.

So scan is 2 weeks today and i am thinking how will i get to the 7th March in a sane state - i did so well over my 2ww to be calm and relaxed about everything but what happened!  My Zita West pregnancy cd arrived today which i have already done so i am hoping that will help calm me down a bit!!

Jo xxx

PS - pancakes were yummy last night....mmmmm!! xx

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 23/02/12, 08:57 »
    4 Weeks 2 days

Nothing really to report - still no symptoms - I had a little nose bleed this morning - i am wondering if this is due to the steroids i am on - probably.  hope it was just a one off though although it was so little there wasn't really any cause for concern!! hahaha

Have one of my friends coming to stay for the weekend tomorrow so have lots to be getting on with around the house today - beds, towels, dusting - all very exciting!!

I slept loads better last night - well until 4am which is really good for me at the moment - i thought i might after having the drip yesterday.

Oh and I remembered something else i did differently this time - i didn't have acupuncture - not sure if that is related to anything but it was different to what we normally do.

Jo xxxx

Offline jk1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 24/02/12, 10:03 »
    4 Weeks 3 days

I slept a lot better last night - well in between 4 toilet trips - but i managed to go off back to sleep this time which is good.  I am also feeling a little tired this morning.  I have decided I don't feel ready to move onto my Zita West pregnancy cd so have gone back to my 2ww for now - it makes me feel so much more positive about things and i am not ready to move away from the orange light!! hahaha

Nothing else to report really - my ice cream tasted funny last nice - like it had mint or toothpaste in it - i made kev try and it and he said err no it just tastes of vanilla - so i am a bit confused about that!! hahaha

My friend may not be coming this weekend now as she has been ill this week - kev said that he would rather she didn't come at the moment as we don't want any bugs round here but i was really looking forward to seeing her - although if she is ill it can't be helped and i'd rather she didn't travel anyway.

Grrr to my nose bleed again this morning - not impressed - and my bum bled quite a lot last night too where kev did my injection - think the steroids have thinned my blood!!

Jo xxx