* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 126054 times)

0 Members

Offline MoxieMommy

modify
Re: LIT Treatment needed ~ Part 4
« Reply #10 on: 7/12/10, 10:39 »
Hello Ladies

I was out to Dr Tsagaris last week. I was the only non greek girl. It was lonely. The last time I was there was great meeting up with so many of you. I went back to the same restaurant- Oikpio (come out of Dr Ts and walk right down the street to the next corner and turn right and go up 3 blocks and across the street) It was still good. I treated myself to the chocolate moose again. yummmmy!

Dr Tsagaris said that he has had some problems with one of his emails and he will be changing his email to a new provider soon and is sorry it inconvenienced some people. My suggestion to reach him at this time is to call his main office. 30 210 899 3200. The secretary speaks english and can either give you to him on the phone or tell you where to reach him. It really is the only way to make sure that he gets your message. As well, make sure you give him your information then because I sent mine via email and he didn't seem to know anything about my DQas when I got there to do pooled.

The dates for December-Feburary are

Dec 14, 28 (probably but not pooled)
Jan 4, 18
Feb 1 and 15.

Wish you all luck and good results with your LIT!

hugs
Moxie

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MoxieMommy

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 7/12/10, 10:40 »
    Hi Sunshine

It could be because some teas, like chamomile, have anti- inflammatory effects. But that's just a guess.

XO
    Moxie

Offline sunshineamsterdam

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 7/12/10, 13:21 »
    Hiya Moxie,  ^clapping^

Hmm..yeah, I guess it could be possible... But then again, its just a herbal tea..could it really have such a strong effect on LIT? Dr. T would have mentioned it... Loads of us who are doing/have done LIT are drinking herbal tea...so someone would have warned us about it? Personally, I dont believe that herbal tea has the ability to influence LIT, but I could be wrong and I wanted to know your opinions.

Agate or others, I heard from another FF girl that Vit D3 are helping to lower tnf-alpha. How very interesting... Do you know if there is any medical research that supports this theory?

Im taking 2 x 400 I.U. of Vit D3 daily. Is that too little/too much? Does Vit D3 also have blood thinning effects or is that just Omega3?
    I have got a big operation coming up next week and I dont want to bleed more than absolutely necessary...... I am cutting down to 1000mg of Omega3 a day now (instead of 3x).

:-*

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 7/12/10, 13:59 »
    can't find any studies showing vit D actually lowering TNFa - but there definitely are studies showing that vit D deficiency can increase TNFa.

possibly you want a little bit more - have a look under Supplements in the FAQ.

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 7/12/10, 14:01 »
    Where do I find this FAQ please? :)

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 7/12/10, 14:06 »
    its called 'immune faq- continuously updated...' and its a sticky at the top of the investigations and immunology section of FF

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=242395.msg3904739#msg3904739

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 7/12/10, 14:35 »
    WOW! This is amazing! Thanks! :)

Offline mag108

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 8/12/10, 18:22 »
    Ladies
    I am going to cycle in Serum Athens next yr. In discussion with them I found out they do Paternal LIT and it is great value @€270. I havent got any other details and only know they do paternal. I dont know of anyone who has had it there but they have been doing it for 20yrs apparently!

http://www.serum-ivf.com/

/links

Offline MissyMinx

• I love bubbles. xx
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 8/12/10, 18:33 »
    Hi Ladies,

After failing to reach Dr T, I'm intending to travel out to Serum for LIT early next year, will report in full after I've been, but my communications with Serum so far have been excellent - really second to none.  They sound fabulous, and of course they're extremely reasonable in terms of cost, so thanks heaps to Mag108 for that info.

^hugme^

Em.x

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 10/12/10, 22:38 »
    hi ladies,

Ive spoken to Penny in July about the LIT they do. Yes the treatment is cheaper with Serum, but their method is quite different from dr T's method (or dr. G's) and the doses are different too. So it is difficult to compare. But apparently, Serum was the first clinic to even do LIT. But because Penny believes that treating lingering infections is much more effective, they started to focus on that instead of on ivig and LIT etc.
    She says that if your infection is being treated properly, you heal and your body will not need any more immune treatment. Apparently they have been right in many cases. That is why treating infections & doing hystos is their focal point now. She doesnt dismiss immune treatments, if people think that LIT etc. may help them, she totally supports them.

Id love to hear how you will get on there, Em. What did Penny say to you with regards to LIT in your case?
    Keep us posted please :)