* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 125927 times)

0 Members

Offline MissyMinx

• I love bubbles. xx
modify
Re: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)
« Reply #110 on: 16/04/11, 19:17 »
Hi Ladies, I have had LIT with Dr T in 2010 - our tx was sadly scuppered by the ash cloud last year, and at Serum in March this year.  I've not retested my levels yet, but my eczema has certainly improved after the Serum dose.  I noticed a marked improvement after my LIT with Dr T last year too, so I feel sure that something is working!

I've actually booked to go back for donor LIT with Dr T in May as we had some flights already scheduled but sadly DH is working overseas at that time; as Serum only offer paternal LIT, it was either go to Dr T, or waste the cost of the flights.  Dr T offers donor lit for 650 Euros, Serum offer paternal LIT for 260 Euros.  My DH had all the necessary blood screening tests done for 98 euros at Serum. 

I'm sure will need at least one more LIT after the next one as my levels were so low to start with, and if I'm lucky enough to get a BFP, I am certain I'll need several more LITs to sustain any LAD, I would probably book in with Serum for the third LIT, as well as the financial implications, I like the idea of the LIT being cultured for 48 hours prior to injection to maximise the number of cells.

I have been nothing but impressed with Serum,  and once Dr T got back to me, I was scheduled in very quickly indeed.  He may not respond immediately, but once you do make contact he is quick to confirm you are booked into a clinic of your choice of dates.

Good luck to all the LIT ladies,

^hugme^

Em.x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cozy

• Gold Member
    • ARGC, CARE, REPROFIT, Dr GORGY
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 16/04/11, 20:34 »
    Thanks Agate and Missy Minx.

I will see what my results are like when I get them back and decide then. I will go to either Dr T or Serum. I have heard very good things about Seum and I got very good results from having 2 lots of donor LIT with Dr T last time.

Good luck with your cycle Missy.. I hope you dont have any problems with this one

Cozy
     :)

Offline Bilberry

modify
    « Reply #112 on: 17/04/11, 12:35 »
    Hi Girls,

I've decided to move onto donor eggs and penny at serum has a perfect match for me so hope to start treatment in 2 weeks when I get my period :)

Myself and my DH have a 25% 4.1 match and I had 3 x pooled donor LITs with Dr T last year. After the 3rd LIT my LAD went up to 99%. Last one was in July last year and I retested in December and it was still high. I am worried now that the LIT may have worn off and I'm thinking of maybe having more LIT prior to my DE cycle in May. I see that some people have responded well to paternal with a 4.1 match. Just wondering if I should have this done at Serum just before ET or would it be too late to have the LIT so close to treatment? Also is LAD significant with Donor eggs? I would like to have 3 embryos transferred to optimise our chances, surely LIT and Intralipids would help deal with an agressive immune response if the donor was a match to me?

Also has anyone re tested their LAD after 9 months and it was still good?

Bilberry xx

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #113 on: 17/04/11, 13:25 »
    bilberry: i think its very likely your LAD is still high - maybe just check if when you go to serum and if it isn't have a shot of paternal LIT then?

Offline Hannah72

modify
    « Reply #114 on: 17/04/11, 18:22 »
    Quick question for those having paternal LIT abroad.  I emailed Penny at Serum.  She said it wasn't necessary for DH to be present when taking the blood.  I could arrange to draw the blood in the UK and travel without DH. 

Is this what people normally do when travelling abroad to have LIT treatment?

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 17/04/11, 19:30 »
    I know that people who go mexico from the US sometimes do that - I think there is some info on the yahoo reproductive immunology group about treatment in nogales mexico, but most other clinics I know of draw the blood just before preparing it for LIT.  I'm not sure how difficult it is to get blood through customs but I guess because the volume is small you just take it through like any other liquid below 100mls?   Does it have to be drawn just before you fly so you use it the same day or something?

Offline Bilberry

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 17/04/11, 19:43 »
    Agate, thanks a mill hun  ^hugme^ . Do you think I would need two shots of LIT for booster ( if reuqired)?  I'm assuming it wouldn't be a problem having it done so close to ET? I know penny likes to transfer 3 embryos and I would like to do so to optimse our chances but the 4.1 25% match is haunting me ???  Also I'm assuming it would be still ok to do paternal for the first time even though my last 3 x LITs were pooled donor?

Bilberry xxx

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 17/04/11, 19:56 »
    bilberry: penny only does paternal - I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be good to try paternal for you.    You really should discuss with penny... I would GUESS it would be ok to wait until you went for DE and then retest your LAD and then if its not OK do 1 shot then and do another shot on BFP - because your levels with LIT were really good... so I would GUESS that might mean they will stay high - it doesn't look as though you are someone whose body stubbornly refuses to learn to make those LAD antibodies

Offline Bilberry

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 18/04/11, 10:12 »
    Thanks agate  :)  I am booked in to repeat the LAD tomorrow so will know what my LAD is like before I go out to penny. I'm just thinking that Dr T included DQ alpha numbers except for the  4.1 with the pooled donor. In case our Donor has a 4.1 DQ Alpha it might be a good idea to sensitise my body to my husbands 4.1 part of his DQ Alpha or is this necesscary? In other words maybe I should go ahead regardless if my LAD is good and have a paternal LIT with penny to cover all basis?

Bilberry xx

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 18/04/11, 10:29 »
    bilberry:  there are no certainties - but at least one study suggested that paternal LIT gave the best improvement in live birth rate - compared to random donor.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear that your LAD isn't fine - and if it isn't fine, I'd still choose paternal over donor every time and only resort to donor if paternal doesn't work... but that's my bias as it seems more logical to me... it doesn't sound as though Dr T or Dr G agree with me on that one... but it does sound as though penny does from when I talked to her.