* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 126050 times)

0 Members

Offline Bilberry

modify
Re: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)
« Reply #120 on: 18/04/11, 10:50 »
Thanks agate  :)  will chat to penny and see what she says. I think I will opt for Paternal with penny.

Bilberry xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cath34

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 18/04/11, 13:07 »
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you dont mind me gate crashing here!!! I had donor LIT back in 2009 with dr T in Athens, which was successful and MY levels improved very well.
    I have now just re tested my levels to see if I need more LIT again for an FET planned this summer. Please can you take a look at my results as I always thought it was B cells that were important but I'm sure Ive been reading that T cells are nowadays too??

Flowcytometry - * Positive                        = Negative????
    T cells IgM+     29
    T cells IgG+     88.9
    B cells IgM+    54.8
    B cells IgG+     86.7

Thanks Ladies :)

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 18/04/11, 13:26 »
    Cath - those levels look good to me.   its a positive result because its based on the average of the 4 results - a low positive is over 30 and a positive over 50.  there is quite a bit of info in the FAQ about LAD results if you haven't seen the FAQ yet.

are your results higher or lower since your last retest?

Offline Cozy

• Gold Member
    • ARGC, CARE, REPROFIT, Dr GORGY
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 18/04/11, 16:17 »
    Cath,

those levels look good to me. If mine come back that good when I retest then I wont be having LIT.

Good luck with your FET.

Cozy :)

Offline Cath34

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 18/04/11, 20:52 »
    Thanks Cozy & Agate

Yes the levels have gone up since July 09

Flowcytometry was weak positive                  now its Positive
    Tcells IgM was 1.8                                        now its 29
    Tcells IgG was 41.3                                      now its 88.9
    B cells IgM was 25                                        now its 54.8
    B cells IgG was 87.5                                     now is 86.7

Overall they are higher and I am really pleased. I guessed I wouldn't need Lit.

Offline Bluebell14

modify
    « Reply #125 on: 26/04/11, 19:05 »
    Hi Ladies,

We have just been given 2 funded IVF cycles on NHS and have been told there is NO waiting list!! i was rather shocked!! We will need to do full immunes with Dr Gorgy 1st am i right in thinking that there is currently a waiting list for LIT? should i call Dr G office and put name down? I am wandering how many months approximatly it may take to get LAD up and NK down etc can we tell NHS when we are ready to cycle depending on immune results or do they book us in and we have to accept? My NHS fertility Dr does not support immunes but was happy for me to do them with another Dr he said what he dont know wont hurt him!

So confused ^idiot^

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 26/04/11, 20:41 »
    zoe: I would guess it all depends on how flexible your NHS hospital is.   there is a waiting list for LIT with dr g so I guess you should phone up and put your name down?

Offline Bluebell14

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 26/04/11, 21:16 »
    Thanks agate, i am also thinking about LIT at Serum clinic in Athens as its seems even with flights it will b much cheaper than Dr Gorgy, can i just call them and arrange to travel there for LIT or do i need to be a paitent? can me and DP have our screening bloods taken whilst we are there?? Do you know if it is easy to get there is it close to airport?

Thanks all x

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 27/04/11, 07:40 »
    zoe:  its easy to arrange lit at serum but you'd need to email them about whether they'd advise it for you given your history and what your LAD levels are.... they only like to give it to patients who they think will benefit from it.     Its only your DP who needs screening bloods and he can have them there the day before the LIT.   I think they are about Euro90something.   Its on a sidestreet (and the sign is pretty small) so its not all that easy to find so you could either get a taxi from the airport - about 35-45 Eu, or you could arrange with their driver, John, to fetch you from the airport - about 60eu - or you could get the metro to ampelokipoi - about 15 mins walk away for about 6Eu.   Once you know where it is, its very easy to find!

Offline Bluebell14

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 27/04/11, 12:42 »
    Agate,

Thanks again i have emailed penny @ this address [email protected] got it from another thread as i cant get email from serum website as i dont use outlook. I gave her my brief history and following LAD results:

IgM      1.0
    IgG      1.0
    IgM      47.3
    IgG      13.3

My partner will obviously need to come with me to have his blood drawn but will he need to return with me 3 weeks after for the 2nd shot? do they store it or does it need to be fresh blood?

Thank you zoe :)