* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 125924 times)

0 Members

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
  • Volunteer
modify
Re: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)
« Reply #130 on: 27/04/11, 13:28 »
zoe: I'm not sure on that one - you'd need to check with serum.

the serum email address is [email protected]

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 28/04/11, 08:50 »
    Hi Ladies

Can I ask something, I had my 2nd LIT last Wens.  Since the Thursday I've been having really bad anxiety.  I used to suffer from it a few years ago but it seemed to go (struggled again when I was on pred, but stopped when I came off it)  Anyway I just cant seem to calm down.  I just wondered whether this might be a side effect, although I cant see why?  I am waiting for some retest results so maybe I'm just anxious about those but I dont feel like thats the case.  My 2nd LIT was incredibly painful (way more than the 1st) so maybe I my body was shocked or something but still over a week is way too long.

Any thought would be welcome!

Thanks
    Spring

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #132 on: 28/04/11, 09:18 »
    I can't see how it would be a side effect of LIT - it sounds more like anxiety- I don't know what to suggest.   some people swear by things like acupuncture, yoga, meditation etc?

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #133 on: 28/04/11, 15:30 »
    I think you're right Agate.  I seem to have got myself in a tizz and cant seem to calm down.  Well I got my retest results which were good news so hopefully that will help.  Failing that I'll try a facial which always works wonders for me.  Thanks for replying Agate :)

Offline Ourturn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #134 on: 29/04/11, 16:44 »
    Hi Agate
    Can I have your opinion please?
    Had my lad retested as I will be cycling in June

November results (after last lit 21st Oct)                New results   

flowcytometry   positive                                       negative
    t-cells IgM+      7.3                                             2.2
    t-cells IgG+      98.3                                            26.1
    b-cells IgM+     23.2                                            20.7
    b-cells IgG+     99.8                                            88.2

My bcells are fine but my tcells have plummeted. On the basis of these results do you think I should have another 2 lits? Could I get away with 1 or does it not work that way?

If so will need to go back to Dr T. I don't think Serum do pooled donor do they?

Thanks

Anna x

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 29/04/11, 17:24 »
    anna - I'm not sure... the fact that it seems to be dropping seems like a concern... but on the other hand your B cell IgG is pretty high. 
    serum only do paternal - and only if they really think you need it - I guess the obvious thing to do is to try and ask Dr T, or serum if you are with them? Yes, they only do paternal, but that's because they say that paternal is more effective in helping you stay pg (assuming you were using DH's sperm).   I would have thought having just the 1 shot wouldn't be a bad idea rather than 2 shots - it is just a booster you'd be aiming for, I guess.

Offline Ourturn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #136 on: 29/04/11, 17:28 »
    Thanks Agate, Will e-mail Dr T and see what he says.

One shot of lit would certainly save some money given that it around 900 including flights and hotels each time.

I would be vary of doing paternal lit given we have a 4.1 match and that straight foward donor did not work (whereas pooled did)

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 29/04/11, 17:38 »
    its a lot cheaper with serum and they will only give it to you if they really think your LAD merits it... they also do it in both arms and on your hip which they say gives a bigger effect because its jabbed in more places.... and if you can manage to stay overnight, they'll culture the cells overnight to try and proliferate some more and/or take a double dose of DH's blood to give you a double shot.  worth speaking to them if you are thinking of cycling with them at all.

Offline Ourturn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 29/04/11, 18:08 »
    Agate - if tx with oe at lister fails (which I expect it too) next step is de at serum. Is Penny the best person to e-mail re LIT?
    So do you think paternal with serum is worth a shot despite the single 4.1 match?
    Would dh have to go over with me then? I would stretch to an over night stay...expecially if the hotel had a pool  :)

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 29/04/11, 18:44 »
    I think he would, unless you could somehow take the blood with you?   Penny is probably the best one to talk to about LIT at serum.  I'm kind of biased towards paternal for everyone but obviously not all docs are.