* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 125921 times)

0 Members

Offline yogagirl007

modify
Re: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)
« Reply #140 on: 7/05/11, 13:12 »
 Hi Ladies

Just found this thread.....

I have very low LAD  (igG T = 1.6 and igG B = 7.1, despite at least 5 m/c in last year!) so I need to have LIT, but am very wary.

I understand that Paternal is best (I am 1.2 1.1 and he dh is 1.2 4.1)

There is a long waiting list with Dr G, so I am looking at Athens. Can anybody tell me:

Can i take my Dh blood with me?
If so how much blood, container etc
Do they insist on screening HIV etc, as reading faq is seems its optional?

Also I have high TNF 40.1% and need to have humira, Dr G said to start these 2 treatments alongside, but I thought I had read somewhere not to take humira with LIT?

thank you so much for your help, all this is quite stressful!

sx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #141 on: 7/05/11, 14:33 »
    you'd normally space your lit and your humira so you don't have them in the same week.

I THINK serum will let you travel with your DH's blood for LIT, but I'm not completely sure.  I don't think Dr T will do that.   I THINK you can normally have your DH's blood screened the day before for hiv with serum.   All the clinics insist that you are screened but dr T doesn't always check the paperwork very closely - you probably wouldn't want to skimp on it though!  Probably the easiest thing for you to do is to email serum and ask them?    they will do LIT most days of the week, whereas Dr T does a clinic only every fortnight (on a tuesday) - and they are cheaper.  but if you have to do donor blood you'd have to go to Dr T because serum only do paternal.  serum's email is [email protected]

best wishes

A x

Offline woodwitch

modify
    « Reply #142 on: 7/05/11, 14:53 »
    Yogasian,

Just to add - if you contact Serum would you mind (if you get a chance) letting us know on here what the procedures are please?
    You are right - it is just too stressful  ^hugme^

Woody

Offline yogagirl007

modify
    « Reply #143 on: 7/05/11, 15:02 »

thanks Agate, and Hi Woody, yes I will.

My DH is English Cypriot, so he is calling both Athens clinics on Monday and talk in Greek to find every answer, so please let me know if there is any other questions you want to ask.

Sxxx

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #144 on: 7/05/11, 15:19 »
    yogasian: that's good... he might not get very far with Dr T's LIT clinic though because he is only there every other tuesday afternoon, but maybe someone else in the clinic will be able to help.

A x

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #145 on: 7/05/11, 19:52 »
    Hello Ladies
    Can I ask is Dr T the same as Dr Gorgy please?

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #146 on: 7/05/11, 19:59 »
    dr Gorgy works from FGA in london
    dr tsagaris works in Dr mantovolos' clinic in Athens

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #147 on: 7/05/11, 20:10 »
    thanks Agate

Offline Bluebell14

modify
    « Reply #148 on: 11/05/11, 20:54 »
    Hi All,

I  emailed serum at [email protected] twice to arrange LIT but have had no reply? instead i have put my name down on waiting list for Dr Gorgy and have to call back end of May to hopefully confirm dates for June/July? has anyone else had any problems arranging LIT?

Regards
    Z

Offline yogagirl007

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 11/05/11, 21:32 »

Hi Zoeella

We called Serum and had no problem making an appointment, they were really helpful (although my partner does speak Greek to make things easier!) but I think they speak English.
    I gave him a list of questions to ask, so let me know if I can help. I too am with Dr G, but it has a long waiting list, and we worked out it is alot cheaper for me to go to Athens twice, and also can get it done sooner. I am going the week after next.

take care
    sx