* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 126055 times)

0 Members

Offline Bluebell14

modify
Re: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)
« Reply #150 on: 11/05/11, 21:38 »
Yogasian,

Maybe i should try calling instead how long wait was you quoted for Dr Gorgy? i calculated for x2 trips to Athens with partner (assuming he does need to attend 2nd week appointment also as need to take fresh blood?) with flights, few nights stay in hotel etc to be about the same as Dr G we live in Kent so quite close to London but the waiting worries me as we have been accepted for 2 NHS cycles of IVF with no waiting list!!

Zoe
x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline yogagirl007

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 11/05/11, 23:02 »
    Hi zoe

That's great u got nhs IVF, I asked about it and have no hope in north yorkshire, it seems to be a postcode lottery:(

The waiting list with dr g seems a nitmar, they cudnt tell me if is wud be 1 mth or 3 or which days etc, hence I choses serum. I am taking partners blood with me, has to be within 24hrs, so jumping on plane straight from the hospita!

There is no waiting list, the number is on their website.

If I get to top of dr g list for 2nd one may do it with him, if not will hop back on a plane with his blood again... The things we do!

X

Offline Bluebell14

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 12/05/11, 08:22 »
    Yogasian,

Thats interesting that you can take the blood as my partner is self employed and with his loss of earnings it wud b better for us to go to London, how did you arrange to travel with the blood? did you take in hand luggage or have 2 do anything special? did your local hospital draw blood for you? It sounds like a much cheaper option! will you be staying over night? Is someone collecting you from airport? Sorry for so many questions u are brave going alone!

Zx

Offline yogagirl007

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 12/05/11, 09:16 »
    Hi zoe

Will have his blood drawn at local hosp. No charge, some charge 15. -called airport and airline, no special permision neeeded as under 100ml, will be in hand luggage. Serum sent us tubes and paperwork 20
    You take blood in one day and have treatment the next. He had hiv, hep etc done here at std clinic  you pay for cert, 20 ish.

Luckily I have a friend there to pick me up and stay with, but taxi from airport is ?20 and hotels quite cheap.

It is a lot of hassle and stress, will only be about 300 or
     \400 cheaper in the end. If waiting list wasn't a problem and I lived near london I wud prob go with dr g.

Gud luck, let me know how u get on.

X

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 12/05/11, 10:18 »
    bus from airport is only about 4eu or the metro is only 6eu - the clinic is about 10-15mins walk from the metro station.  the metro is very easy to use - all info in english etc...

Offline Ourturn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 12/05/11, 11:20 »
    Hi ladies
    Anyone been to see Dr Tsgaris recently? if so do you know when his next clinics are? Need LIT urgently and Dr G won't get dates for early June for another couple of weeks.
    Thanks
    Anna

Offline Bluebell14

modify
    « Reply #156 on: 12/05/11, 11:44 »
    I am number 22 on list and they cant gaurentee me a date for June! nightmare! as i have no waiting list for IVF and dont want to upset my NHS clinic by putting it off!! Yogasian did Serum send you forms for screening blood for DH? which you just took in to your local hospital? Do you pay for the actual LIT when you arrive at the clinic do you pay for the two shots upfront then repeat every thing in two weeks time? This seems like a much better option were they flexible with dates? think it will mean i need to book a few days Annual Leave.

Zoe
    x

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 12/05/11, 11:56 »
    zoe: serum do lit virtually every day -  they just slot you in around their other patients that day unless they are absolutely jam packed that day.  so you would normally only need to book a few days ahead.  you pay as you go.  they offer different options on lit - so you can have the lit the same day you arrive, or they can culture the blood overnight and you have it up to 48 hours after the blood was drawn.  I THINK the blood tests are just hiv, hep B and hep C - so you should be able to get them at lots of places .g., gum clinic - although they may charge for a certificate - ebecause they are standard tests - but you could check what serum's requirements are.

Offline Ourturn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 12/05/11, 14:02 »
    Dr T got back to me in record time!
    His clinic dates are

17/5, 31/5, 14/6, and 28/6

I will be going 31/5. PM me if you need booking in. Have decided to go for the pooled donor lit as that's what worked for me.

Offline Bluebell14

modify
    « Reply #159 on: 12/05/11, 14:33 »
    Ok so have i got this straight? i need to contact Serum they will tell me the list of screening tests needed for DP which can be taken at local std clinic they will send me relevant paperwork and sample pot? once i have received results/certificate i should call to arrange dates for LIT. I then need to have DP blood drawn at Local hospital the morning of travel and fly to Athens to give sample to clinic within 24 hours!! eeeeek! I can either have the shot that day or stay two nights in hotel where the blood is cultured for 48 hours and then have the shot before flying home.     (what is the difference between having it the same day or waiting 2 days? surely for convinience i would be better doing it all in one day that way it may be possible for me to get there have shot and return all in one day?)     I should then wait two weeks and repeat the process minus the screening bloods as they have no expiry date unlike the 30 days in the UK? During the LIT process i should not take any steroids, a week after my second shot i can retest LAD via Dr Gorgy fingers crossed if my levels have increased sufficiently then i can have my Humira Shots x2, Intralipids then do IVF cycle. Scary stuff!!

Zoe
    x