* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 126056 times)

0 Members

Offline beattie2

• Gold Member
modify
Re: LIT Treatment needed ~ Part 4
« Reply #20 on: 12/12/10, 20:22 »
Good evening ladies

Hope you are all ok

Sunshine- thanks for all the info, it sounds like you have had a bit of a time of it- when is your  op? Hope it goes ok

Scooby- how is it all going? Any your starting tx soon?

Moxie- good luck with the retest.

Sobroody- hope it is all going ok.

Hi to everyone else

I went back to see G on Monday- have justed done the restest for C and have started on the humira. Feeling a bit scarey.

Have a good week ladies

Bx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline sunshineamsterdam

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 13/12/10, 21:01 »
    hiya beatty, hope your retest for C will be okay. You did 1 or 2 courses of AB? Fingers crossed for you  ^hugme^
    I found Humira not as problematic as I thought it would be. But it only brought down my tnf-a marginally, so was a bit disappointed, but not up for more Humira (I did 2x injections) as its so difficult for me to get a hold of (Id have to go to the UK to get it) and way too expensive... Im hoping my op will bring me the good circumstances I need to progress.

The op is on Friday. Scared but hoping it will be the end of long misery...  ^pray^

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 16/12/10, 18:05 »
    Hey ladies

I had my 1st LIT with Dr Gorgy today... Boy did it HURT!!!  OMG!  I had it with Dr Armstrong before and in Turkey, and I di remember it hurting VERY MUCH.  But Dr Armsrong didn't do so many little injections, only a few and in Turkey I think it was only 2 in each arm - at the back of my arm.  I only vere got a weak positive having done 3 LITS in Turkey, each one month apart.  Then I even had a 4th one of my EC day... 

Todays LIT, which is the way it is MEANT to be done - as per Dr Beer, was about 15 (felt like more) injections in each forearm... the really fleshy sensitive bit.  I cannot believe it but I actually cried all the way through - Im not normally a cry baby, but OMG!  The pain was mad!

I think next time I will take Paracetamol about an hour before just to try and make it less painful... 

I was wondering  - are there any Do's and Don't having had LIT as I can't remember, it was such a long time ago I had it done...

I must say, I am not looking forward to the next dose, and really don't want to go back for dose no 2  :-\

Offline ms_dee

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 17/12/10, 09:57 »
    tweetiepie

i know it is hurtful but dr G told me the more it hurts the better as then he placed the needles the right way. I started with 5% and after two lits with him my level was positive and 99% so way worth it :) I did suggest on the second time to have ice to cool the place beforehand but he said he needs to know that it hurts (or how much) so he knows the needle went in in the right place. He tries already to make it less painful by using thin needles (the lab gives him thick ones but he exchanges them).

Dee xxx

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 17/12/10, 11:19 »
    Dee - Thanks for letting me know.  At least there is a reason for it being that painful.  It is for a good  cause afterall.  And, I am hoping it will work, since none of the others did the trick for me.  I think it didn't help that I am just about to get AF so maybe my pain threshold is very low at the moment.

Lets hope all of these efforts get us ALL there in the end!

Offline summerglory

• Gold Member
    • Please blow me bubbles - my new target is 4000
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 21/12/10, 13:30 »
    Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share some good news with you all, have just had my LAD results back after my first lot of LIT and  my readings have gone from 1.3, 2.3, 15.6 and 19.3 to 91, 99, 99 and 99!!!!  Dr G said they were the best results he'd ever seen woo hoo!!! Lets hope that this is a good sign and that 2011 will bring new babies for all of us.

;D

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 21/12/10, 14:28 »
    Summerglory - contratulations!!!  Thats great news!!!  So the question is will you not bother having the 2nd LIT done???

xxx

Offline summerglory

• Gold Member
    • Please blow me bubbles - my new target is 4000
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 22/12/10, 17:36 »
    Hi Tweetie Pie,

Should have been more explicit I've had my 2 lots of LIT which are classed as one treatment (3 weeks apart) and these were the results after testing my LAD again.  It's strange because they were so painful even though it was over quickly & so expensive that my dh & I had kinda agreed that even if the treatment failed we wouldn't do it again as plenty of women do fall pg with low LAD.  Anyway glad we don't have to face that dilemma, lets hope that we can maximise our chances on this improved reading!

xx

Offline MissyMinx

• I love bubbles. xx
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 4/01/11, 17:50 »
    Hi Ladies, hope you're all ok and having a good 2011 so far, fingers crossed for us all that this turns out to be the year we get our bumps, if not babes!!

I just wanted to let you know that I've been in touch with Penny at Serum re:  LIT there today.  Communication with Penny is just a dream, she's so well organised it makes every thing much easier.  I am hoping to travel to Athens in late Feb/early March, depending on travel costs and work commitments etc, I emailed Penny to see how we could go about booking in for LIT and got the following reply:

You don't need to book LIT treatment for more than 2 days in advance. Your husband should have done tests for HIV, Hepatitis B AND C and syphilis for your own safety. you can either have them done in your country or with us (but it takes a day for the results).  Just remember to send us a notice a couple of days in advance.

I will book our flights tonight and look forward to getting underway again.   I'm hankering for a Serum hysteroscopy now too (now there's a sentence I never thought I'd say?!!), but our pennies won't stretch I'm afraid.

Of course I'll post on here about how I get on with LIT at Serum.

Love,

Em.x

Offline MissyMinx

• I love bubbles. xx
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 11/01/11, 11:52 »
    2 lots of flights to Athens are now booked - yay!!!  I emailed Penny to confirm and she has told me that all is well. 

2 trips to Athens for LIT, including all travel/accommodation/spends/kennelling the dog whilst we're away and of course the actual LIT tx is cheaper than the 1500 I'd pay with Dr G.  I do hope that we are lucky enough to get similar results as I know Dr G is getting excellent outcomes from his LIT.  I hate the fact that finances are such an issue for us, but it's good to be on our way again.

The LIT boards have gone a little quiet - is everyone now going to Dr G, or is the trend moving a little away from LIT?  I know Penny from Serum isn't a huge believer in it, but as this is our last OE tx, we have to throw everything we can at it.

Love,

Em.x