* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 126049 times)

0 Members

Offline michp

modify
Re: LIT Treatment needed ~ Part 4
« Reply #30 on: 11/01/11, 11:59 »
Just had my first round of LIT with Dr G. Yes agree gone bit quiet on here. Like you want to throw everything at it.

Well done for organsing your trip to Athens let us know how you get on. I am hoping to go in March for a hysterescope.

Good luck
x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 11/01/11, 20:53 »
    Helloooo

Just thought I would update you guys that I had my 2nd LIT today (my 1st LIT was 3 and a half weeks ago).  It wasn't as painful as the first time, which I foound strange.  Not sure if this was because I knew what to expect this time.  then again, maybe the area the Dr injected was a bit tougher from the last injections, therefore did not sting as much.  Who knows... Glad its over and done with. 

Summerglory - hope it works out for you!!!

Good luck to you all xxx

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 12/01/11, 11:56 »
    Hellooo

Just wondering, once you have your LIT done, are there any do's and don'ts afterwards...

I had LIT yesterday, I was wondering, is it possible to go swimming 4 days after??? ORRRR would I be rsiking getting some sort of infection in my arms??? They are quite sore and swollen at the moment but I predict that they will go down soon.

Tweets xx

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 12/01/11, 12:43 »
    tweetie - you just need to keep your arms covered for about 24 hours - and avoid any meds that might reduce LIT's effect like anti-histamines. swimming after 4 days should be fine.   you probably want to avoid swimming once you actually start your cycle though - just cos of any extra risk of any bugs when you are trying to keep your immune system nice and quiet.

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 12/01/11, 13:37 »
    Thanks Agate  :-*   :-*   :-*

Offline Cozy

• Gold Member
    • ARGC, CARE, REPROFIT, Dr GORGY
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 1/02/11, 11:31 »
    hi ladies,

Ive spoken to Penny in July about the LIT they do. Yes the treatment is cheaper with Serum, but their method is quite different from dr T's method (or dr. G's) and the doses are different too. So it is difficult to compare. But apparently, Serum was the first clinic to even do LIT. But because Penny believes that treating lingering infections is much more effective, they started to focus on that instead of on ivig and LIT etc.
    She says that if your infection is being treated properly, you heal and your body will not need any more immune treatment. Apparently they have been right in many cases. That is why treating infections & doing hystos is their focal point now. She doesnt dismiss immune treatments, if people think that LIT etc. may help them, she totally supports them.

Id love to hear how you will get on there, Em. What did Penny say to you with regards to LIT in your case?
    Keep us posted please :)

Hi, I'm a little premature in asking as I wont be starting to do all my immune treatment again until June, but I will no doubt need LIT again and was going to go to Dr T in Athens, but note that Serum do it aswell.

What method do Serum use and what doseage?

Has anyone been and can advise how many times you have to go and whether you retest?

I got fantastic results with Dr Tsagaris (Bcells) IgG+ went from 24.9 to 99.9 after 2 lots of donor LIT and I am confident of his methods, but would be interested in looking into other clinics that do it, especially if they are cheaper.

Thanks

Cozy

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 1/02/11, 16:19 »
    Just a little update...

Having had LIT twice by Dr Gorgy, I have had my LAD test results back and my levels are as follows.  This is my first ever Positive so am pretty happy with it really.

(T-cells) IgM+ 10.7
    (T-cells) IgG+  95.4 these are 2nd most important
    (B-cells) IgM+ 21.6
    (B-cells) IgG+  37.7 (I think these are the most important that need to be as high as the T cells above which are 95.4.  Apparently they can catch up a little while after.... )

I will be back for another dose of LIT though.  I really did think i would never do it again, but my levels are not quite as highas he likes to see them so, thought, better throw everything at it this time, and then I can honestly say, I did it all!!!

I think that the follow up will boost the levels...

Cozy - sorry I don't know of anywhere else that do it in the Uk the way Dr Gorgy does it...

Offline Cozy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 1/02/11, 18:02 »
    Tweetie,

I am interested in hearing how people have got on if they had LIT done at Serum. I think I'll probably go back to Athens and see Dr T if Serum dont do it the same was as Dr Gorgy and Dr Tsagaris.

I hope your next lot of LIT increases your IgG.

Cozy
     :)

Offline MissyMinx

• I love bubbles. xx
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 1/02/11, 20:28 »
    Hi Tweetie,

Well done on those results  ^hugme^   It must be great to see that positive.  Good luck for your next LIT tx.

Cozy, I'm booked to go out for LIT with Penny on the 9th March and then again on the 12 April.  Stupidly I didn't ask her anything about the protocol or doses they use, I just had confirmation from her that Serum has been offering LIT for more than 20 years and that I was able to book in with her with just 48 hours notice.  I was wildly frustrated at being unable to elicit any sort of response from Dr T despite numerous attempts to reach him, and I jumped at the chance to book in with Penny.  2 x LIT, 2 x return flights to Athens for DH and I, accommodation, blood tests, spends and kenneling the dog whilst we're away is still going to cost substantially less than LIT with Dr Gorgy.  Finances (lack of them!!) are a big issue for us, and we're not based in London, so it's as easy as us to go to Athens as to see Dr G.  My LAD numbers were very low - I think my B Cells IgG were less than 10, so I hope that Penny's protocol is similar to that which Dr T and Dr G use. 

Sunshine, can I please ask what Penny told you about the LIT protocol that Serum use?  xx

I do know of another FF who spoke to Penny very recently, Penny recommended LIT for her tx as her LAD didn't raise particularly well during a previous pg...

When I confirm my apt with Penny nearer the time, I will ask her about the protocol (flights are already booked and paid for so we're going regardless!) and of course I will post any info on here.   Any of my dealings with Penny to date though, have been absolutely superb.  She has instilled me with confidence even before I have met her.

^hugme^  to all.

Em.x

Offline Cozy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 1/02/11, 21:19 »
    MissyMinx,

I hope Serums way of doing it is like Dr T and not like Dr Armstrong. If it is similar and/or gets good results, I would be interested in going myself in a few months. Yes, Dr T is a nightmare to get hold of isnt he. I have only heard good things about Penny.

I hope it works for you, however they do it.

Cozy
     :)