* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 126052 times)

0 Members

Offline Izzybear

• Gold Member
  • Please blow me some bubbles
modify
Re: LIT Treatment needed ~ Part 4
« Reply #40 on: 2/02/11, 19:22 »
Hi all

Have just had my first LIT and really struggling with the effects on my arm which seem to be getting worse by the day.

The lumps are getting bigger and making the whole of my forearm swell, not just the areas where I had the jabs.

I was expecting some effects obviously but can anyone tell me how long this might carry on before it starts to subside?

Thanks
Izzy
x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MissyMinx

• I love bubbles. xx
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 2/02/11, 19:54 »
    Hi Izzybear, sorry to hear that your arm is painful.  I had a pretty nasty reaction to my first LIT too, including an allergic reaction to the dressing that was placed over the injection site.  My forearm swelled up and remained sore for about 7 days, the actual 'needle' wounds remained visible for about 3-4 weeks I think.

I found placing an ice pack over the site really helpful.

I hope you feel better soon, think of all the fab work those Leucocytes are doing as we speak....

Em.x

Offline Katht

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 3/02/11, 19:28 »
    Hi Had my first LIT today with Dr Gorgy, quite painful and sore!  He advises that he currently has capacity for LIT treatment so if anyone on a waiting list anywhere else may be worth giving him a call.  Izzy hope your arm is a bit better.

Offline Cath34

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 16/02/11, 20:50 »
    Hi everyone, anyone know how much Dr Gorgy charges for LAD test and NK test these days? I want to cycle again. Cozy are you going to cycle again?

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 17/02/11, 09:04 »
    Cath - they are in the FAQ (link in my signature) and also on his website.

Offline Ourturn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 17/02/11, 11:06 »
      Hi ladies
    My last lit with Dr T was on the 19th of October. My 1st two rounds of donor lit did not work, (could have been because I had them two weeks apart or because I took humira, intralipids etc etc). Anyway last round was pooled donor and my results were brilliant.
    I have been initially selected for a free round of ivf at the lister (can't believe it) so we will get to have a final try with my own eggs. This is subject to a form I need to return. Its a real gift as I'm being made redundant. Anyway, not sure when the cycle would happen, but imagine it would be spring/summer as I turn 40 later this year.
    IF I cycled in May, would I need to get more LIT? or would I be better off cycling in June and having x2 lits in May?
    Next decision would be were to go for LIT. Including flights etc I reckon it will cost around 1500 with Mr T. Dr G said he thinks paternal lit might still work with him (we have a partial 4.1 match) But he's not cheap either and it would be a risk.
    Would be interested in LIT with Penny and the costs if anyone knows?
    Money is tight BUT I don't want to spend less money for it not to work.
    What do you think?
    Thanks
    Anna x

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 17/02/11, 16:32 »
    Anna: the info on LIT and costings with serum is in the FAQ.  As to whether or not you need it - it all depends on whether your LAD has stayed up - for a lot of 'normal' ladies, it stays up - but for some 'immunie' ladies, it drops.  the only way to know if you need it or not would be to have your LAD rerun.  You might want to do it direct to RFU - I think its something like only $80 (plus fedex) if you do it that way.  Its 210 with Dr G.  The info on the tubes & contact details etc is in the FAQ.

Offline Ourturn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 19/02/11, 13:13 »
    Thanks Agate, will definatley retest. IF clearing C has sorted my immunes, you never know my lad levels may remain high? But I'm sure it won't be that straight foward
    Anna x

Offline nat4353

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 22/02/11, 21:40 »
    Hi girls I've just had my first lit with dr g about a week ago

My last number was very high the most important one but the other 3 numbers were very low so I'm hoping this does the trick

My arm is so itchy it's driving me mad, I didn't expect it to still be so itchy and red ..... I might try the ice thing if it works

I'm on phone as laptop away for repairs so I'm sure I'll be chatting more once it's back

Nat xx

Offline Blonde1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 23/02/11, 13:59 »
    Hi Ladies

I am gatecrashing to ask your advice. It's been a while since I've seen Gorgy so not up to speed with the LIT he offers.

Does he do donor LIT and does anyone know how long it takes to get donor have a treatment?

I am due to start DR today / tomorrow (with ARGC), I share 3 out of 4 dq alpha's with my DH and wondering whether to quickly get in a LIT treatment....I am wondering what others have done? I have had LIT previously but it's nearly a year since my last donor treatments and I haven't tested my levels since June last year. I don't have time to test now and am just thinking of getting a treatment in before ET. ARGC don't believe in it and I am in two minds whether to have it done or not...

Any thoughts / suggestions would be great.

My latest immune results show NK activity at around 23% but only CD19+5 raised at 23 so have been recommended steroids and intralipid. My cytokines were good at 25  :)

Thank you xx