* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 125925 times)

0 Members

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
  • Volunteer
modify
Re: LIT Treatment needed ~ Part 4
« Reply #50 on: 23/02/11, 16:26 »
he does do donor - but i think its a case of whether he can fit you in and whether there is another couple wanting donor lit for you to 'swap' blood with.  i guess you need to phone his receptionist and ask?   ideally you'd want to retest lad because its quite expensive to have lit but it sounds like you don't have much time. maybe see if there is a way to fit in a lad retest and then have a lit asap in stimms/2ww/early pg?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline woodwitch

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 23/02/11, 18:05 »
    Nat - Hi! I had my first LIT last week too (on the 16th). I am still itchy but the swelling and bruising has gone down and all you can really see are the individual bumps from the injection spots. I cried all the way through - it's the most painful thing I've done - and I had egg collection under local! I'm having a low day today as I was hoping to get the second LIT date sorted today but I can't get a straight answer from Dr G's office even though I was told to call today - just disappointed not to be able to sort everything out but the temp receptionist really annoyed me, lol! I'm tired of having to kick butt all the time!

Blonde 1 - I'm happy to donate if I am suitable because I have to be at Dr G's anyway in three weeks (and if you can donate if you are receiving LIT??). I'm hoping to be doing my second LIT mid March but that maybe too late for you? All this planning is so stressful, isn't it?

Woody

Offline Blonde1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 23/02/11, 18:14 »
    Thanks Agate, I think I could probably provide my own donor, do you know how much 1st treatment is with donor tests? And then the second treatment cost?

I probably should test...I suppose I could send early next week, another part ofme is thinking just do IVIG instead of intralipids....decisions :-(

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 23/02/11, 18:23 »
    last time i heard i updated the prices in faq - don't know if they have changed since

Offline Blonde1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 26/02/11, 10:51 »
    woodwitch thank you so much for the offer that is really kind of you (sorry I missed your post first time).

I think for this treatment we are going to use intralipids and IVIG

X

Offline nat4353

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 27/02/11, 21:12 »
    hi all

hi woody - did u get your 2ed date for lit sorted i got a phone call a few days ago and im booked for the 17th march

it did hurt it got worse as he went on but i had 4 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen an put ibuprofen gel all over my arm ( i had 2 paracetamol at about 1 pm but when blood was an hour late i had another 2 as thought the first ones might have worn out )

i agree the planning of everything can just be so stressful xxxxxxx

nat xx

p.s what dates do you all have your ivf planned for

Offline woodwitch

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 27/02/11, 22:46 »
    Hi Nat - all sorted - so relieved! I will be having the 2nd the day before you - exactly 30 days after the screening test so fingers crossed nothing goes wrong! (the first time we were postponed by a day because of a problem at the hospital where they do the extracting of cells).

Are you way up north? (Just spotted Gateshead in your signature) How do you arrange it all? We leave at 4am to drive down...we wandered around London so nackered for hours in between the two appointments.

I'm hoping to cycle April maybe - not really very sure.....need to synch with a donor - how about you?

Woody

Offline nat4353

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 28/02/11, 21:34 »
    hiya

yes im in newcastle ( originally from chester) hubby from here.

we have to stay over night so will be traveling down on the wed by train then stay over night and get tests done the next day, we have so much to sort out just to get down there its really hard to juggle everything. and very expencive for acconidation and train tickets

last time inbetween the 8 and 2 we went london zoo !!!!

I had an aqua scan once but did it all in a day there and back it killed me i was so tired ( even though id spent most the day on the train )

im cycling with gateshead again EC will be 2ed may so i think that will give me just enough time to get results of lad back ( think you have to wait so many weeks b4 testing ) and maybe if needed hopfully not time to fit a lit booster in ( not many girls need that) as 2 lots usually does the trick

my bumps are looking much better today - i totally started to panick as i scare badly ive got keloid skin (dont heal well ) thought the spots might stay put and be a perminant fixture on my arm LOL

Offline Hope ^J^

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 3/03/11, 14:54 »
    Hi Ladies,

Would you please share your thoughts about our recent DQa results.

myself  0102,0104 = 1.2,1.4? or 1.1 (my consultant write his interpretation 1.4 but when I double check with Dr Beers book             
                                                                p302 and Agates Faq's it should be 1.1)

DH   0101,0102 = 1.1,1.2

My consultation regarding this result says I don't need LIT? I've noticed we have the same numbers but not in the same order, is this significant? he add, that we have 85% match and don't need intervention. I know he's right but I've seen this as 100% match? or I am wrong?  HELP!!

very confused :-[

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #59 on: 3/03/11, 17:17 »
    its a 50% match by my reckoning - I've replied on one of your other posts