* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 126047 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope ^J^

modify
Re: LIT Treatment needed ~ Part 4
« Reply #60 on: 3/03/11, 20:07 »
Thank you Agate ^hugme^ I thought of posting on this thread too :-[

Hope you all girls here are doing well with your LIT tx's ^hugme^

have a good evening x x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dalia2009

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 8/03/11, 13:57 »
    Hi girls,do you think I would need LIT with such LAD results?

Flowcytometery Negative
    T cells IGM 5.5
    T cells igg5.5
    B cells IGM 53.2
    B cells 89.4

I understand that B cells are most important and the levels are great,but what about T cells? And flowcytometery Negative?

Offline nat4353

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 8/03/11, 23:27 »
    hi

im sure agate will be able to tell u more

but my results were similar to yours the ts were a little lower and the bs were high and he suggested lit as id had 2 chemicals and he said low t cells is a worry if you have had miscarriage or chemicals but no so much if you haven't - hope this helps a little

nat xxx ( i see we have a similar background )

Offline devitt

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 10/03/11, 13:06 »
    Hi LIT ladies,

Do you know if there is any recommendation about the timing of intralipids relative to LIT? I know that there is a recommendation not to take steroids or humira around the time of LIT, but does that apply to intralipids, too? My understanding is that LIT is there to provoke some immune reaction and this is why one shouldn't be on immunosupressants such as steroids of humira. Intralipids, on the other hand, are immuno-regulators. So not sure what sort of interaction if any they have with LIT. Any thoughts, ladies?

love
    d
    xxx

Offline dalia2009

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 17/03/11, 10:29 »
    Hi Nat,

Thanks for your response.Yes,we have a similar background.Did they find the cause for your ectopics?Or is partly blocked tubes?
    Mine looked healthy,I only have one left after they took out ectopic,and the remaining looks healthy and open.I did send a sample for hidden C test,but dont have the results back.Have the feeling that my sample is lost,as I was in Spain on holiday when I did it,so didnt use Fedex,just local post office.Have the tracking no,but there is no visibility of the parcel after it left Spain.Oh well....I hope it will turn up,if not it is another month to wait.

It will be interesting to hear what Gorgy will suggest for me.If it is LIT,I hope it will sort out my problems and will lead to healthy pregnancy.If I told him that I going to do LIT abroad,would he mind?It is only that I know that abroad cost a lot cheaper (going to Latvia for ivf anyway,and I saw imunologist there too-it is only around 100 euros for one LIT).

Agate,saw your reply to my question,many thanks!Hopefully I will get my DQa results back tomorrrow,so I will be back to bother you(if you dont mind of course) !  :)

Offline nat4353

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 18/03/11, 21:58 »
    devit - sorry im not sure hope someone can help

dahlia - not sure about my tubes as both now gone, but the likelihood is that they were scared and i was so sure that my C test would come back + and then id have my explanation but am all infection free down there !!!!  so i suppose ive just been unlucky hospital drs said some people have naturally bumpy/scared tubes and blame mother nature 

ive just had my 2ed lit with dr G - it hurts so bad, Hes fine with you doing things else where - but i know different places use different protocols and methods ect so check out what they do in Latvia

cant believe its so cheap its cost 1500 with DR g plus travel and accommodation down to london

have you been recommended that clinic how much is there ivf and there statistics - always thought about going abroad but always been a little scared

wishing you the best of luck and hope appointment goes well

nat xxx

Offline woodwitch

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 18/03/11, 22:19 »
    Ooh - couldn't find the thread! Glad you are now through your second LIT Nat - me too. I did really well until the second arm and then couldn't hold back the tears :((  The reaction and itching is nowhere near as strong. I had reflexology the next day and the reflexologist said my spleen was calm and my adrenals were active but not overly panicked - so by this I am deducing (!!) that my body is now aware of the "foreigness" but is recognising that it has had this done before so is not in attack mode. (I hope this is not complete [email protected]?*&%$s!)

Hello too to Dahlia and Devit - sorry I cannot help you either except that re timing of Intralipids - I was asking Dr G about the timing of LIT and whether I needed to avoid any times (if I needed a booster) and he said no - so from that maybe there are no issues with LIT and Intralipids?

Woody

Offline dalia2009

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 19/03/11, 09:46 »
    Nat,that clinic I mentioned is purely for immune testing-whether it is fertility issue or any other.So I dont know their exact success rates.That doctor helped a lot of ladies,lots of ladies I know that had failed ivf or miscarriages have babies thanks to them.I think they can really help if you need LIT treatment,as I know she treats with LIT mostly(not sure about ivig or intralipids),she runs a lot of test in order to put you in the best possible immune state.They have a website,but it is in russian so I dont know if there is any point putting it here :) Anyway,its www.rrc.lv .I am going to Latvia anyway to have first consultation at ivf clinic (IVF costs are around 1700-2000 incl drugs,and the results are quite good around 47 percent http://www.embrions.lv/index-en.php?page=results&lang=eng) ,so I thought I will pay the visit to immune doc at the same time as they are in the same town.
    I am originally from Lithuania,so it is quite close to my home when I am there(300 km away). :)

My DQa are back and it looks like we hae 50% match.And I am 4.1 4.1,so how come I am here? :) I just hope G. will find a solution for us....

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 28/03/11, 17:32 »
    Hey Ladies

I'm due to have my 1st LIT on Thursday.  I had my 1st Humira jab on Sunday.  I've checked with Dr G and he didn't seem to mind that it would be less than a week between the two.  I've read Agate's brilliant FAQs but I was wondering if it hurt?  Or whether I might be ill etc?  I'll be going on my own and as a 1st timer I'm a bit nervous.

Any help/advice would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks

Spring
    xxx

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 28/03/11, 22:09 »
    it stings like bee stings.  you are unlikely to be ill but will probably want to sit down with a cup of tea and a biscuit before you go home.