* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 126051 times)

0 Members

Offline nat4353

• Gold Member
modify
Re: LIT Treatment needed ~ Part 4
« Reply #70 on: 28/03/11, 22:15 »
dahlia - thanks for all the info i shall keep a note xx

woodwitch - i understand what your saying hehe ive always fancied reflexology but always stuck to acupuncture starting my sessions in 2 weeks times as she is away on holiday. my 2ed didn't really itch or anything so im hoping my body is too use to them

when are you re-testing im getting my Gp to take blood and post it down cant afford travel - but its all stress as appointment is at 4.30 and last post at post office is 5 so hope everything runs on time and theres no slightly earlier appointments was hoping for one at about 4pm - we got to retest on the 5th i think its.

springflower - u will be fine take some painkillers an hour before then some more half an hour before and this might help a bit - it does hurt like hot bee stings but then because he does about 10 in each arm the pain goes when he pulls the needle out but then does the next straight away. its over quite quickly xx

i didn't cry but then wanted to cry at the fact that i had to put myself through ( and asking how id ended up here ) this mainly feeling sorry for my self !!

well started DR tonight 1st injection done - the fun begins so hope its worth it

take care girlies
nat

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 29/03/11, 13:47 »
    Agate and Nat, thanks for getting back to me.  You know I thought it was just one injection but it sounds like its lots of little ones.  I hope I dont embarass myself in front of Dr G!  I guess though it probably isnt any worse than some of the other things we've had to go through so far! Thanks for the tip re painkillers I'll be sure to take some.  Will I be ok to go back to work or do people generally head home?

NAT - Yeay! for starting DR!  I don't know about you but I always feel better once I start a cycle.  I feel like I'm actually doing something!

Offline MissyMinx

• I love bubbles. xx
    modify
    « Reply #72 on: 29/03/11, 14:11 »
    Hi Ladies  ^hugme^  to all.  I'm sure you're all sorted, but I just wanted to pop on and say that if anyone wants to contact Dr Tsagaris re:  LIT, I've found that the best email address to get him on is [email protected]

Good luck to all the lovely LIT ladies,

Em.x

Offline tully33

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 1/04/11, 12:45 »
    Sorry for butting in here girls......I have a quick question. I am having donor LIT with Dr Gorgy soon. I will be travelling from Ireland & I'm trying to sort out the flights etc. Is it 8am you go in to donate the blood and 2pm that you come back to receive the donation? At the 2pm session, how long does it take, could it happen that the blood is late coming from the lab etc??? How much time should I factor in??
    Thanks!  :)

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #74 on: 1/04/11, 12:49 »
    Hi Tully

I had LIT yesterday at Dr G's.  We had paternal LIT not sure how different the process for donor.  But oh had to be there at 8am that morning to give blood and I came back at 2pm.  The blood was late though and we ended up waiting for 50 mins.  The process takes about 10 mins and after you have to ait 10 mins incase you have a reaction.  Oh and OH had to have a screening test the day before but I guess you wouldnt need that if your having donor.

Offline tully33

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 1/04/11, 12:57 »
    Thanks Springflower, I am donating blood myself, OH isn't travelling with me, so I will be doing the screening tests the day before. Hmmm, sounds like I might be cutting it a bit fine to try and get back out to Heathrow by 4pm!!!

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 1/04/11, 13:02 »
    Ohh yes, if the blood is late you could run into problems.  I would give it a bit more time.  if you're down early could could always have a nosey in the shops?

Offline tully33

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 1/04/11, 13:07 »
    Oh yes please.......I love shopping!!!!!  ;D 

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 1/04/11, 16:53 »
    Me too!  And there are sooo many nice shops around there!  Get yourself a later flight and buy yourself a treat after LIT! ;D

Offline woodwitch

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 1/04/11, 20:20 »
    I just wanted to add that on my first LIT with Dr G the bloods didn't get there until about 3.30pm. Good luck Tully.

I am re-testing on the 6th April (aargh!) I'm thinking it's worked, lol!