* Author Topic: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)  (Read 126057 times)

0 Members

Offline dalia2009

modify
Re: LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)
« Reply #90 on: 14/04/11, 14:42 »
Hi ladies,

I am having my first LIT on Friday is there anything I should or shouldnt do prior to this?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline woodwitch

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 14/04/11, 14:59 »
    Hi Dahlia - just avoid any anti-inflammatory medications I think, (including anti-histamines and steroids. I'm sure I checked cold medicines too (e.g. I decided not to take night nurse because of one of the ingredients) and I stopped taking a hydrocortisone cream. 

Good luck

Woody

Offline dalia2009

modify
    « Reply #92 on: 14/04/11, 17:13 »
    Thanks Woodwitch!

Offline woodwitch

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 15/04/11, 10:42 »
    Hello all - can I have some help/reassurance please?  :-\

My results are in

Flowcytometry Negative

[T-cells] IgM+   3.0
    [T-cells] IgG+   29.7   (was 13.2)
    [B-cells] IgM+   60.7
    [B-cells] IgG+   68.8   (was 20.8

So, as someone who has never (knowingly) been pregnant has the LIT done the trick? I think it would have been better if the 29.7 had managed to reach 30 but is it close enough and is it the 68.8 that is the most important for me?

Does anyone know if the numbers can keep on increasing without further treatment?

I'm very anxious about these numbers as I don't know whether DH will go through further rounds..

Woody

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 15/04/11, 10:57 »
    woody: I would have been happy to get such a nice jump up in numbers!  as you've never been pg and you've had more than a doubling in your IgGs from LIT my GUESS is that you won't have a problem with your LADs when you get pg.  Some of the IgM may convert to IgG in a few weeks as well.   If you get pg in the next 6 months or so, I wouldn't have thought you need to retest. If it takes a bit longer, then maybe recheck your LAD on pg?   not sure who you are cycling with but you could check with serum, dr g or dr T? 

best wishes
    A x.

Offline woodwitch

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 15/04/11, 11:29 »
    Thank you Agate -  I can't tell you how much better I feel now :)  So appreciative of your quick response.

It's weird that the only number that has gone down is the [T-cells] IgM+   from 10 to 3.0. (I can see that Nat's went down too)

I hope to be pregnant by the end of May, lol! and I'm with Dr G (and Serum) so I'll re-test on my BFP :)

Phew - can breathe!

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 15/04/11, 13:22 »
    Hi Ladies

Quick Q, I have my first LIT with Dr G on 31 March.  The itching and bumps have gone but the red blotches are still there.  I'm due to my 2nd on Wens.  Does Dr G just inject the 2nd lot into the same place as the first?  I wasn't expecting to see the marks still and wondered if this was normal?

Thanks ladies!

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 15/04/11, 13:28 »
    the marks will gradually fade from red, to pink, to purple - but can be there for months if you look really closely.   I THINK he will probably do it in roughly the same place.

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 15/04/11, 13:30 »
    Brill, thaks Agate!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Offline Ourturn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 16/04/11, 13:12 »
    Hi ladies
    Does anyone still see Dr T in athens? If so do you know what his dates for LIT will be in May? Having my levels retested Monday...whilst it would be lovely if they were still high I suspect they won't and that I will need another 2 rounds of pooled donor lit.
    Dr G suggested I do paternal lit with him, but given our 4.1 match and that the 1st round of donor lit failed don't want to risk spending a fortune with him and it not working (set to cycle in June)
    Thanks
    Anna x