* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 191371 times)

0 Members

Offline Bluebell14

modify
Re: Humira Experiences ~ Part 2
« Reply #120 on: 23/02/11, 08:40 »
Agate,

After much thought this is what we have decided: We will probably take our 2 free cycles on NHS and do full immunes with Dr Gorgy I guess if we were using the same drugs on a stimulated cycle then it makes more sense 2 go straight 2 IVF although I really wanted my body 2 do some of it naturally but I guess with timing issues of immunes etc it's probably best thing 2 do! I am not 2 sure of IVF waiting times in my area Kent but my GP seems 2 think it's not 2 long, I went y.day 4 a referral.  In the mean time  however whilst we wait we have decided 2 try naturally using steroids & intralipids under Dr Shehatas protocol We may even have 2x LIT during this time and if there is no+ or another MC have LIT again or a booster shot at next IVF with Humira etc following Dr Gorgy protocol if that fails then I guess it will only b surrogacy which lead me thinking that could I pay 2 freeze embryos and store 4 future use when cycling on NHS?   What are your thoughts? And thank u again so much 4 steering me in the right direction!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 23/02/11, 12:34 »
    zoeella: most NHS trusts will let you store embryos for free as part of your NHS fresh cycle.   if not, I'd be staggered if you couldn't pay to have them frozen (you'd presumably have to pay the annual storage fees anyway) - however, remember that embryos have to meet quality criteria to be worth freezing.  Most don't make the grade.  if you get any its a bonus.

Offline campanilla

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 24/02/11, 13:20 »
    Hi There  :)
    I'm a newbie so please bear with me  :)
    I have a small concern and was hoping that one of you ladies might be able to help me.....
    I'm 29 and been TTC for 2.5 years - I recently had the immune test as they dont seem to be able to find anything else wrong with neither me nor my husband. They called the other day to say that my level was 38 (thats all I know for now) and that they advise I take Humira. I don't want to question their expertise but from all the research I have done into the reasons for taking Humira it always seems to come down to previous m/c or failed IVF attempts. As yet I have not had IVF and I have never conceived naturally so I'm not sure that I fit into this category.... :-\
    I just don't want to take too many drugs unnecessarily, mainly due to the possible side effects but also the time and cost this will add to the process.
    I understand that it is important to dot all the i's and cross all the t's but what are the chances of this making a huge difference? I am tempted to go straight for IVF and go against their advice but I am so confused and also concerned about how they will react if I go against their advice  :(
    Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
    Thanks so much  ^hugme^

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 24/02/11, 13:30 »
    Hello Campanilla, I think you need to find out what this level 38 refers to. Is it linked to an TNFa test you had done or raised NK cells? Which clinic did the immune tests for you? I would suggest you ask for a copy this way you can post the results on the immune thread and one or more of the lovely ladies will be able to help you with the results. I would also think that you need to go back to the clinic for a follow up appointment to discuss which treatment they feel you need and why. Also why just humira. Wishing you lots of luck hun  ^hugme^  xx

Offline campanilla

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 24/02/11, 13:40 »
    Hi Tama! Thanks for replying so quickly  :) I'm waiting for a follow up phone call so will ask them to email me the results then, it's the ARGC. I know they are super efficient and wouldn't recommend anything unnecessarily, I just need to know why they think this is suited to me as I need some convincing! I'm so pleased I joined here, I feel better already having people to talk to...  :) Big hugs x

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 24/02/11, 13:45 »
    Hello hun, FF is a God send when you are struggling with IF and tx  :)  I took humira (two shots) but I have had two failed IVFs. However, I'm not sure if this is the only reason for needing to take it. Have you had a look at the FAQ page? It is wonderful and is well worth a look before they call you, this way you can have a better understanding of what they treatments are they are suggesting. This is the link;

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=242395.0

I really hope ARGC can give you some answers and tell you why they feel humira would be right for you. I have heard very good things about them but do remember that you don't have to do or take anything that you are not comfortable with. They will understand that if you feel that humira isn't right for you at this stage. Wishing you lots of luck  ^hugme^  xxx

Offline campanilla

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 24/02/11, 14:12 »
    Thanks for your advice hun - i'll have a good read through that page, it looks amazing! So much info  ;D xx

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #127 on: 24/02/11, 21:49 »
    if argc are Px'ing humira - my GUESS is that your cytokine ratio (TNFa: IL10) is 38 - and they want you to take humira to bring down your circulating TNFa which should bring the ratio down. see FAQ under Cytokines and Humira.

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 7/03/11, 14:56 »
    Hey ladies,

I hope you're all well... what a BEAUTIFUL day it is today... Spring is on its way, hip hip hip hooray!

So, I went and had my TH1:TH2 re-test today.  My bloods will be winging their way to Chicago as I type.  Bit annoyed that my blood keeps getting to go to the States yet I haven't had a decent holiday in ages, but never mind!

I expect to have the results by the end of the week, so I will report back.  I'm really interested to see what happens after the second lot of humira, plus the intralipids, plus giving up gluten. 

Jo
    x

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 10/03/11, 09:31 »
    Ha Jo - I totally hear you about the holidays! 

I'm interested to hear how you found out you had an intoralance to gluten.  Was this through Dr G?