* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 191090 times)

0 Members

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: Humira Experiences ~ Part 2
« Reply #130 on: 10/03/11, 12:18 »
Fingers crossed Jo- hope your blood enjoys it's holiday !

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 10/03/11, 13:02 »
    Springflower: I had some food allergy tests done, using kinesiology, so not through Dr Gorgy. I had no symptoms although when I mentioned this to Dr G he said to cut out gluten as it can raise TNF-a with an undiagnosed intolerance. I'm hoping that plus 2 lots of humira, plus IL will finally do the trick!!

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #132 on: 10/03/11, 14:39 »
    Morrigan:  Thanks, love.  I'll post when I know the results... cheeky bloods; no postcard from holiday, nothing!   ;D   I see you're on your 2ww... sending you lots of sticky vibes

^sticky vibes^  ^sticky vibes^  ^sticky vibes^  ^sticky vibes^  ^sticky vibes^

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 10/03/11, 21:52 »
    Thanks for the sticky vibes- My bloods did send me a nasty credit card bill that looked like I had been to Vegas larging it up not enjoying the pleasures of lots of needles !lol!

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #134 on: 11/03/11, 12:09 »
    You've got to keep an eye on those pesky bloods, jetting off all over the place, at our expense!

So, TH1:TH2 re-test back and my levels are 27.9 TNF-a and 18.0 for IFN-g. 

OK, so they're below the 30.6, but I'm not massively impressed as they only started off at 33.1.  I've spent over 3k and wasted 5 months to get them not far from where they started.  Ho hum, at least they ARE in range, just.

x

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 11/03/11, 15:03 »
    Brilliant Jo - there a far bit under - when are you cycling?  You stand so much better chance now?

Offline Lanta

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 11/03/11, 15:18 »
    Hey Jo - that's great news that they're now below 30!  All the good living and staying off gluten seems to have done the trick :)

Offline butterflies4ever

• Gold Member
    • Summer time!!
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 11/03/11, 19:26 »
    I've just ordered a box of Humira for [email protected] & compared to last year prices, they seem to have come down just a wee bit  :)

Last November they were charging 745
    & today they've charged me & 719
    As i've opted for a next day Saturday delivery, they charge an extra 15 but if they use a van (usually deliver within 2days) it's free

So in all i paid 734  ^afro^

Electra x

Offline Rose39

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 11/03/11, 19:58 »
    Ladies, please may I ask a question? I'm on humira (again! I've had humira for my last 3 rounds of tx) and this time I'm getting bad headaches behind my eyes. Are headaches one of the typical side effects? To be honest, I've been on so many different immunes drugs and treatments in the past 3 years that I can't remember whether I've had bad headaches before with humira.

Morrigan - my blood has a much more exciting time than me! It goes to Chicago every few weeks!

Rose xx

Offline Dreams

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 12/03/11, 17:39 »
    Evening Ladies,

Campanilla
    Re:I have a small concern and was hoping that one of you ladies might be able to help me.....
    I'm 29 and been TTC for 2.5 years - I recently had the immune test as they dont seem to be able to find anything else wrong with neither me nor my husband. They called the other day to say that my level was 38 (thats all I know for now) and that they advise I take Humira. I don't want to question their expertise but from all the research I have done into the reasons for taking Humira it always seems to come down to previous m/c or failed IVF attempts. As yet I have not had IVF and I have never conceived naturally so I'm not sure that I fit into this category.... :-\
    I just don't want to take too many drugs unnecessarily, mainly due to the possible side effects but also the time and cost this will add to the process.

In reply to your post you sound in the same situation we found ourselves in last time :) we were unexplained, with no history of m/c or any failed IVF attempts, we deceided to have Humira and went on to need two months worth as my levels went up before they came back down lower ^bigbad^  We were like yourself very unsure due to the side effects etc...but we ended up very lucky with our first IVF  ;)  that ended up being down unde the NHS!, since having our son nothing else has worked for us so now we look to be going back down that route again...
    Not sure if this helps you but thought you might like someone else take on it.

We also had acupuncture as well, so we will never know if it was the Humira the IVF or the acupuncture but something worked  ::)

Wishing you all on this thread lots & lots of luck..

Dreams